Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2023, 07:54 AM

Default We are doomed. The “climate crisis” continues.

Just because the last 10 deadlines came and went doesn’t mean this one will.

https://apple.news/Akbqsp4BuRI-koq6wKANggg
Old 03-20-2023, 08:20 AM

Isn’t Canada already net zero? For the size of the country the total population and amount of woodlands etc… I have a hard time grasping how it’s Canada fault and why they would name drop you is beyond me. Perhaps go after other nations like India China russia etc… ones that don’t have much in the way of environmental regulations that are growing rapidly in the industrial sector rather than trying to make other countries do triple duty to cover them. Especially since we all know certain countries aren’t voluntarily going to step up unless someone holds them accountable.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:23 AM

Send money now.

We stand united against the evil of climate change. In 2020 no 2025 no 2030 no 2035. Climate change will kill everything on the planet. Go tell the communists.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Isn’t Canada already net zero? For the size of the country the total population and amount of woodlands etc… I have a hard time grasping how it’s Canada fault and why they would name drop you is beyond me. Perhaps go after other nations like India China russia etc… ones that don’t have much in the way of environmental regulations that are growing rapidly in the industrial sector rather than trying to make other countries do triple duty to cover them. Especially since we all know certain countries aren’t voluntarily going to step up unless someone holds them accountable.
Exactly. You know they are lying when….
Old 03-20-2023, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Don't quote me here but I think Canada ranks about 10th for total GHG emissions. and we are the highest for per capita of these top 10 nations.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:56 AM

I thought we were all supposed to be under water by 2015 or something close to that ? Hard to hit a moving target .
Trudeau probably asked his friends at the UN to make this announcement in order to help him change the channel from that pesky Chinese election interference thing.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Don't quote me here but I think Canada ranks about 10th for total GHG emissions. and we are the highest for per capita of these top 10 nations.
On the other hand, given our huge amount of forests and plants, our plant growth, may absorb more CO2 than we emit. Of course some sources dispute this, because it doesn't support their green agenda.

Just wait until 2035, the deadline for banning the sale of non electric vehicles, when we won't be able to provide enough electricity to charge all of those electric vehicles, that should be interesting.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 03-20-2023 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:11 AM

Carbon Offset is a scam... It's all a scam.

https://youtu.be/AW3gaelBypY

The author of this video is Wendover Productions, a very educational channel that is generally centered in the political spectrum.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Any information I have ever been able to find, states Canada contributes 1.4 to 1.6 % of total greenhouse emissions (not sure how that works out in terms of per capita). We could shut down the entire country and in very short order other countries would fill what we saved and continue to expand. The US, China and India contribute 60% of global emissions. Until they are fully on board (at least two of them are not), anything we do is nothing more than very expensive virtue signaling! April first will be another 14 cents per liter at the pumps. Just wait till that filters through to prices in the grocery, clothing and building material stores!
Old 03-20-2023, 09:40 AM

Quote:

At the rate we are warming up here in Canada all is lost. At least that is what they want us to believe.

""Canada is warming on average at a rate twice as fast as the rest of the world, a new scientific report indicates.

The federal government climate report also warns that changes are already evident in many parts of the country and are projected to intensify.""

""Canada is warming twice as fast as the world as a whole, and even more than three times as fast as the Arctic territory in the north. In just a few seasons, extreme weather events have shown the country's vulnerability.Nov 14, 2022""
Old 03-20-2023, 09:47 AM

The people that right this crap should spend a winter in Alberta.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Yes, we live in a large cold country, we have to heat our homes and drive further generally. Per capita emissions are meaningless. Canada captures far mor CO2, then it emits. As well CO2 isn't polution, it is plant food and necessary for life on earth. Climate change is a big tax scam.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-20-2023, 11:45 AM

It's a cult with a doomsday prophecy. They want sacrifice and they'll receive none from me that I have a choice about anyway.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:02 PM

Another thing I find interesting about all this climate change BS, is that Banks are still financing and mortgaging oceanfront development along the coasts of Florida and other states bordering coastal waters. I'm pretty sure that if the banks thought climate change was a thing, they wouldn't be putting up the cash for these projects.

For the past 80 years there has been one type or another energy crisis, or environmental crisis. None of these crisis every materialized. But taxes in one for or another have went up to deal with these so called crisis'.

BW
Old 03-20-2023, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yes, we live in a large cold country, we have to heat our homes and drive further generally. Per capita emissions are meaningless. Canada captures far mor CO2, then it emits. As well CO2 isn't polution, it is plant food and necessary for life on earth. Climate change is a big tax scam.
X2 ..biggest scam around coming from a scam artist who is our PM .
Old 03-20-2023, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Canada captures far mor CO2, then it emits. As well CO2 isn't polution, it is plant food and necessary for life on earth. Climate change is a big tax scam.
I'm pretty sure we all learned about that in grade 3 science class.

BW
Old 03-20-2023, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Another thing I find interesting about all this climate change BS, is that Banks are still financing and mortgaging oceanfront development along the coasts of Florida and other states bordering coastal waters. I'm pretty sure that if the banks thought climate change was a thing, they wouldn't be putting up the cash for these projects.

For the past 80 years there has been one type or another energy crisis, or environmental crisis. None of these crisis every materialized. But taxes in one for or another have went up to deal with these so called crisis'.

BW
Canadian Banks are not only financing energy companies but have significant ownership of stocks in major Canadian energy companies in Canada. Oil and Gas will be around for decades to come. Bank Directorships are not all on board with this climate BS.
Old 03-20-2023, 01:13 PM

All of the excited folks who run in circles yelling that "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE" are of course, correct.
Unfortunately like the predictors of the end of the world etc. they seem to have a little problem with getting the timing correct.
It's a great gig...
You just have to say, "oh we had to adjust the model because of blah, blah, blah" and the next day you're back in business.
Old 03-20-2023, 01:51 PM

Default Send a copy of this

to China.

I'm totally on side with committing to double their reductions, heck I might even go 3X.

About 20 yrs ago, I had a very smart fella conclude that the temp swings were within the normal fluctuations over many centuries, change was constant and cannot be controlled. The fella presenting essentially called him a lunatic...this lunatic had a Ph.D in environmental sciences.

Waiting for China to call...
Old 03-20-2023, 02:40 PM

Quote:
This is right , it’s all about control , Mother Nature will do what she wants
Old 03-20-2023, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
On the other hand, given our huge amount of forests and plants, our plant growth, may absorb more CO2 than we emit. Of course some sources dispute this, because it doesn't support their green agenda.

Just wait until 2035, the deadline for banning the sale of non electric vehicles, when we won't be able to provide enough electricity to charge all of those electric vehicles, that should be interesting.
Do you suppose those same forests and riparian areas captured the same or similar amount of carbon a hundred years ago, while our emissions have increased a few thousand percent in that same time?
Old 03-20-2023, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaerzen View Post
Do you suppose those same forests and riparian areas captured the same or similar amount of carbon a hundred years ago, while our emissions have increased a few thousand percent in that same time?
The point being, that Canada captures more than we emit, if every other country did the same, there wouldn't be an issue. We aren't the problem, and we can't solve it.
Old 03-20-2023, 03:32 PM

There is no issue elk. None.

CO2 is a meaningless measure, a tiny fraction of our atmosphere. Commercial greenhouses release higher concentrations to increase production. It isn't pollution, and it isn't warming up the planet. But, it *can* be taxed, so, that's the whole point.

Anybody else getting more back in rebates from the government then they are taking from you? Yeah. Me neither. Not even close. Follow the damn money.

Anybody who is still buying into the climate change industry scam, isn't going to change their mind. And neither am I. But, it's just a massive transfer of wealth, and a cultish belief in a fairy tale.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-20-2023, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
Just because the last 10 deadlines came and went doesn’t mean this one will.

https://apple.news/Akbqsp4BuRI-koq6wKANggg
Well there was a waste of a minute of my life reading that. Good for a laugh though...in a sad sorta way. But there will be the lemmings......

What I really want to know is why has there been snow on the ground here for 5 months now? It's getting as tiring as hearing the catch phrase "climate crisis"

Good god people can be dumb
Old 03-20-2023, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The point being, that Canada captures more than we emit, if every other country did the same, there wouldn't be an issue. We aren't the problem, and we can't solve it.
That's a fair point. Stop building cities in the desert, other countries. Probably everyone thinks they aren't the problem. The next 50 years will be interesting if the past 50 are any indicator.
Old 03-20-2023, 04:19 PM

Out of the article.... doesn't sound good for the middle class in Canada. Can we say wealth transfer.

Climate change is a story of inequality, the report emphasizes. The 10 per cent of households with the highest per-capita emissions contribute at least a third of global consumption-based household greenhouse gas emissions, while the bottom half of households contribute only 15 per cent.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-20-2023, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaerzen View Post
That's a fair point. Stop building cities in the desert, other countries. Probably everyone thinks they aren't the problem. The next 50 years will be interesting if the past 50 are any indicator.
If things keep going the way they are, our economy will collapse, and Canada will be bankrupt long before the environment becomes the priority. And this will be due to the government that implemented the carbon tax.
Old 03-20-2023, 04:49 PM

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, increase the carbon tax before it's too late, where's climate barbie when you need her the most. Alas, oh woe is me.
Old 03-20-2023, 04:54 PM

I could really get behind year round open water fishing and no more cold winters
Old 03-20-2023, 05:01 PM

Quote:
There is no issue elk. None.

CO2 is a meaningless measure, a tiny fraction of our atmosphere. Commercial greenhouses release higher concentrations to increase production. It isn't pollution, and it isn't warming up the planet. But, it *can* be taxed, so, that's the whole point.

Anybody else getting more back in rebates from the government then they are taking from you? Yeah. Me neither. Not even close. Follow the damn money.

Anybody who is still buying into the climate change industry scam, isn't going to change their mind. And neither am I. But, it's just a massive transfer of wealth, and a cultish belief in a fairy tale.
I don't think the subject matter is as cut and dry as you make it. Excess greenhouse gases do play a role in the earths atmosphere. These gases are naturally produced, but the addition of more is not going to be a positive in the long run. I don't have the smarts to begin to understand it all, but I do know the more carbon taxes I pay, the less money I have.

We know plants consume CO2, I remember reading that if every Canadian planted one tree per year, we would be carbon neutral again. This makes more sense to me if the science is accurate, build more parks, plant more trees, encourage habitat restoration, ext. Regardless if this works, our country would be a better place because of it....