Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-25-2007, 01:51 PM
tyee43

Default "Wild TV"

Hey guys,

I'm trying to decide on a TV service provider so that I can get WILD TV.

Is anybody familiar with the video on demand service that Shaw provides for WILD TV? What do you get and what is the cost?

It looks like I can get the WILD TV channel on Bell ExpressVu for $2.50 a month...yeah, 24 hours hunting and fishing!!!

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

tyee43
Old 05-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Blakeinator2

We have bell and like it alot. The pvr is awesome...get it if its in the budget.

B
Old 05-25-2007, 01:59 PM
tyee43

Thanks Blake
Old 05-25-2007, 02:12 PM
WTHunter

Hi.. we get it as part of a package at Bell. Sports 3 (I think)- also includes at 24 hour fishing network. I believe however that you have to have one of the new style dishes that have two "eyes" rather than just the one- to make sure you can get those channels (maybe they are digital? I don't really know!). If I am incorrect I apologize- but perhaps a good question to ask Bell, before you decide to go with them. We really like Bell- and in my opinion Wild TV is the best channel on TV! Good choice!
Old 05-25-2007, 02:16 PM
tyee43

thanks for the info - I'll check into it with Bell!
Old 05-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Blakeinator2

Don't forget channel 390 (the fight network)! Channel 389 is Wild TV and the one above it is all fighting....so when fishing shows come on...i generally check to see if there's any bodog, cage rage, k1 kickboxing, vale tudo etc. on....hunting or fighting only a channel apart...how good is that eh?

Like anything there are times where things are annoying but overall i think its a good system...and yes i think the newer systems get access to those channels. I have a friend that is a fight network junkie and he can't get them as his system is older....i won five bucks on a little bet regarding that.:lol

B
Old 05-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Anglinfool

I'm exactly the same as Blake. The only problem with the PVR is you end up with too many shows to watch and not enough time to watch them!!

I also haven't seen a commercial in weeks as I record the shows then fast forward them.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:37 PM
Blakeinator2

Lol, i have sat radio in truck and the pvr on the tube at home...i have no clue whats going on in the world if i don't buy a newspaper every now and then!:lol

And yup, haven't seen a commercial in months....its GREAT! You just power through them on fast forward...the fastest speed is 300 and you gotta pay attention on that speed...you can miss half the show in a hurry. I've got the timing pretty good though...about 1 second is all it takes to get through the commercials.

B
Old 05-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Andrzej77

I installed HD Bell couple months ago, just to watch Wild TV but with one PVR and second HD receiver and third digital receiver it will cost about 130 per month once first few months of discount are over...
Andrew
Old 05-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Blakeinator2

Yah, i got the HD with PVR up and then the second receiver down and i believe is about 100 a month or a little better with the packages we subscribed with. The HD hockey is the shizzo! Can't wait to start seeing HD Hunting!

Blake
Old 05-25-2007, 06:02 PM
killerbren

does anybody know when/if starchoice will get wildtv? I keep waiting and wondering.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:15 AM

Shaw VOD for WildTV is terrible! They charge you $2.50/ half hour show and almost never change the shows that are available. There are only a handful of hunting shows available anyway. I've tried asking Shaw, many times, if they'll offer WildTV as a channel and they always say No! Time for me to switch to Bell!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 12:19 AM

I've seen several comercials about WildTV on Starchoice lately, must be in the works. That being said it's outdoor play season for the next 6 months so I cut back to basic bare bones until winter to force the kids outside.