Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2023, 08:49 PM

Default Bank of canada

https://www.bankofcanada.ca/2023/05/...igital-dollar/

If they are asking everyone's opinion than they already have it in place and ready to roll out. Nothing better than a simple survey and report a fake approval rating of more than 50% to roll it out and say Canadians wanted it.

Digital ID and Digital Currency is here. Governments will control every aspect of your life. We are F**c ked.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:01 PM

I've figured for years that money is all theoretical unless it's cash in your hand.
Old 05-08-2023, 09:12 PM

Money is an adjective not a noun. Unless they control everything, they can not control everyone.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 05-08-2023, 09:15 PM

What, exactly, is the difference between a "digital dollar" and getting paid via direct deposit, then spending that "cash" via debit card?
Old 05-08-2023, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
What, exactly, is the difference between a "digital dollar" and getting paid via direct deposit, then spending that "cash" via debit card?
You can take cash out and opt not to have your spending tracked.

Digital dollars you can’t, they can also be programmed with a time limit for use. The government also gets to see where you’re spending all those dollars through data collection.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 05-08-2023, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
You can take cash out and opt not to have your spending tracked.

Digital dollars you can’t, they can also be programmed with a time limit for use. The government also gets to see where you’re spending all those dollars through data collection.
What I think will eventually happen is that if you don't spend it you will lose it or be cut back. They don't want serfs to accumulate wealth. That gives people power. They want a society that lives only from pay credit to pay credit, wholly dependant on the allowance they receive from their job or duty. Actually owning something will be a foreign concept eventually for the average person. Oh well at least you won't have to pay taxes! The global administrators and their minions will control all.
Old 05-08-2023, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Nothing... The B.O.C. can shut them both down and render you penniless. As Raab said, take some out. It's money they can't take from you.

Here's the "survey"... As was mentioned, given the wording of it - this is already something in the works that's gonna be crammed down our throats while they "take us from behind with no lube" via the OIC / C-21 / & handgun ban...

https://bit.ly/3p4bsjk

I completed it, every answer pointed to my disdain towards any "digital currency" and wanting a monetary system based on cash & gold reserves...
Old 05-08-2023, 10:30 PM

So between the pandemic, climate change, imminent AI singularity, Russia invading Ukraine, Chinese interference in our elections, gun bans and media censorship, eating bugs, ANTIFA, rumours of Nickelback going on tour, inflation, fiat currency, wildfires, my mom getting divorced, the discovery of another 8 genders, and packages of bacon downsized to 375 grams, after all that, now i need to be terrified about centralized banking and digital currency. Damn, my adrenal gland can't keep up, I'm stressing hard. I may have to look into MAID.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-08-2023, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Control. Control of you. Try spending $20k with digital dollars. Likely limit with daily debit card use. No difference with digital currency. It’s your money, spend it on what you want. Whether it’s $5.00- or $100k. Where there control, this limits freedom.
Example. Pay for little girls lemonade stand with debit card/digital $$. S cash. She will need a GST # operate selling lemonade. All about Taxation. Every last penny. We citizens cannot be trusted…….. Truckers Protests.
Since We are discussing money. There are two sides on a coin. This will open up underground barter system. For every action, there is equal opposite reaction. 💰💰💰💰
Old 05-08-2023, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
I've figured for years that money is all theoretical unless it's cash in your hand.
X2, we've learned to accept that. The problem I have understanding digital currencies is that they are recognized as fake and scams, yet people still line up to deal in them ? A couple more of them just went poof, gone, in the last few months. Netflix did an excellent documentary on Gerry Cotten and Quadriga, The two principals were allegedly involved in previous cyber scams, but the suckers bought in and lost.

https://www.coindesk.com/learn/the-s...s-crypto-king/

Tale I've heard is the banks and government are looking for a version of crypto currency they can control, which goes back to the
Big Brother argument.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-08-2023, 11:45 PM

Maybe they'd just like to save the pile of cash it takes to produce the paper money? Or enable a system that's more efficient than a wad of paper that you can lose and is easy to counterfeit.

Ask yourself, why would they limit how much you can spend? That could cripple the economy. Why would they make money that disappears. It'd have no value and would cease to be traded.

Anyhow, this thread reads like paranoia. Sounds stressful to be in your heads. Maybe get help?
Old 05-08-2023, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
So between the pandemic, climate change, imminent AI singularity, Russia invading Ukraine, Chinese interference in our elections, gun bans and media censorship, eating bugs, ANTIFA, rumours of Nickelback going on tour, inflation, fiat currency, wildfires, my mom getting divorced, the discovery of another 8 genders, and packages of bacon downsized to 375 grams, after all that, now i need to be terrified about centralized banking and digital currency. Damn, my adrenal gland can't keep up, I'm stressing hard. I may have to look into MAID.
The way MAID is being redefined, that may be an option.

Grizz

Old 05-09-2023, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittman View Post
Maybe they'd just like to save the pile of cash it takes to produce the paper money? Or enable a system that's more efficient than a wad of paper that you can lose and is easy to counterfeit.

Ask yourself, why would they limit how much you can spend? That could cripple the economy. Why would they make money that disappears. It'd have no value and would cease to be traded.

Anyhow, this thread reads like paranoia. Sounds stressful to be in your heads. Maybe get help?
Take the survey and count how many options say 'limited'.
Then ask yourself why they would bother wording it like that in the first place? No need for it. It's odd to say the least.

If I told you there was a country out there already using digital currency to control their people, you would say that's paranoia also?
Can you guess where I'm going with this?

Now guess who should wake up to the dangers of a government-only controlled currency?
Hint, it's the people telling others that they're paranoid. .
Old 05-09-2023, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Full blow ostrich man.

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-09-2023, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Have a nice cold Bud Light TC...
Old 05-09-2023, 07:25 AM

Smile I'm amazed at the support for paper money

Money isn't what people think that it is. It is the government's promise to cover the value of the money with gold that they have in storage. A bit old fashioned don't you think?
We went to Australia, Tahiti, and Fiji and in the course of 6 weeks the only cash that I used was $6.00 in the washer and dryer at the hotel in Cairns.

I think that we are already here, I haven't used any cash in Canada in over 2 years.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:17 AM

Digital currency in theory sounds like a good idea. However any idea put forward by the Liberal government has to be viewed with suspicion in my opinion. All the scandals and corruption that have occurred over the past few years in Canada, and now this. Good grief.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:23 AM

Took the survey. I imagine they won’t like my responses, or care, because Jushan Chido is gonna do it anyway.

Ammo and land, boys. While we can.

Remember when separation was shouted down? Yeah…
Old 05-09-2023, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
Money isn't what people think that it is. It is the government's promise to cover the value of the money with gold that they have in storage. A bit old fashioned don't you think?
We went to Australia, Tahiti, and Fiji and in the course of 6 weeks the only cash that I used was $6.00 in the washer and dryer at the hotel in Cairns.

I think that we are already here, I haven't used any cash in Canada in over 2 years.
So how much gold does Canada still hold? The answer is zero.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 05-09-2023 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
I’d bet this hasn’t been true one day of your life. Unless you are in your mid nineties, you have never used a CAD backed by a gold standard.
Old 05-09-2023, 08:47 AM

I took the survey, but they won't like my answers, then again, it's not as if they actually care.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:19 AM

Not long before we are all screwed.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:21 AM

I took the survey as well. I don't care if they do a digital currency as long as they don't take away physical cash in doing so. The question about "should we legislate the protection of cash" got a hard yes from me.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:29 AM

Social credit system
Old 05-09-2023, 09:31 AM

Did the survey. Thanks for the link!

Of course, the demographic information part of the survey helps them pigeonhole me as an AOWM.

You know, it's odd - just a week or two ago I was on the BOC website, and was searching for information on CBDC. I could have sworn they stated that they had no plans to introduce this kind of system.

Edit: Here it is: https://www.bankofcanada.ca/2020/02/...ital-currency/

Looks like I misread.

Quote:
The Bank currently has no plans to launch a CBDC. Rather, the Bank will build the capacity to issue a general purpose, cash-like CBDC should the need to implement one arise. Because it will take several years to build this capacity, the Bank cannot wait until the need is evident before launching preparatory work. Preparing in advance is critical. At the same time, the Bank is preparing for a range of other possible changes to money and payments in Canada as innovation continues.

Last edited by Stinky Buffalo; 05-09-2023 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:37 AM

I can't disagree hard enough.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtShooter View Post
Not long before we are all screwed.
We're already a long way past screwed and into the land of rape and honey, with absolutely no honey to be found.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:40 AM

I put my demographic as a Kay-becker, used the trudeau airport postal code, 18-24 year old non-binary member of THREE minority groups, making 40-60k a year with a bachelors degree. You know, the kind of person that would vote for trudeau.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:42 AM

Quote:

I can't disagree hard enough.
Yup, I think most would be inclined to answer the same way.

Quote:
I put my demographic as a Kay-becker, used the trudeau airport postal code, 18-24 year old non-binary member of THREE minority groups, making 40-60k a year with a bachelors degree. You know, the kind of person that would vote for trudeau.
Haha! Brilliant!
Old 05-09-2023, 09:55 AM

Bottom line, you don't ask a question that you won't get the preferred answer to and if you don't, it goes in the circular file. Are you in favor of an Alberta Provincial Police ?

Grizz