Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-25-2012, 03:59 AM

Default changing wmu's on draws

OK I screwed up. I entered the wrong wmu for one of my draws, is there an easy way to change it? I've been looking and have not seen anyway to do that. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 06-25-2012, 05:49 AM

Call AlbertaRelm this morning and see what they can do to help you out..
Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 AM

instead of buying a single draw per year, we should be able to a get a sixpak that will last for six years in a row, and every year just change the wmu, if you do nothing for that year it would default to a 999. its still only $18.00 per sixpak instead of 3 per year.
-worst case scenario is you build prioirties.
-this would be great for tr antelope were you not going anywhere for 8-10 years...
-trophy MD takes 3 years to get...you have three years credits left.
-mountain goat, moose, etc

-only one (or two?) draw app per year could be sixpakked per applicant.
seems easy to me.

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31

Last edited by roger; 06-25-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
instead of buying a single draw per year, we should be able to a get a sixpak that will last for six years in a row, and every year just change the wmu, if you do nothing for that year it would default to a 999. its still only $18.00 per sixpak instead of 3 per year.
-worst case scenario is you build prioirties.
-this would be great for tr antelope were you not going anywhere for 8-10 years...
-trophy MD takes 3 years to get...you have three years credits left.
-mountain goat, moose, etc

-only one (or two?) draw app per year could be sixpakked per applicant.
seems easy to me.
Administrative nightmare... Change the rules for a WMU, have to process thousands of refunds. Then handle all the angry calls from people who were given refunds, didn't realize it, and could have put in on a different draw if they had known. Then handle calls from people who bought a sixpack but want to change their minds or have moved. No refunds for these people you say? Then all you have is unused, wasted draws for people who no longer even live in the province.

Better to just take the 5 minutes each year.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Administrative nightmare... Change the rules for a WMU, have to process thousands of refunds. Then handle all the angry calls from people who were given refunds, didn't realize it, and could have put in on a different draw if they had known. Then handle calls from people who bought a sixpack but want to change their minds or have moved. No refunds for these people you say? Then all you have is unused, wasted draws for people who no longer even live in the province.

Better to just take the 5 minutes each year.
x2!! Not to mention the amount of confusion that some hunters have with their draws now.. Could you imagine if they had to plan 6 years in advance??
I can see it now...."I forgot it was time to change to WMU xxx, now I am 999'd... When will be able to choose our draws?!"
Old 06-25-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen1971 View Post
Call AlbertaRelm this morning and see what they can do to help you out..
For assistance call the RELM Help Desk at 1-888-944-5494 or email drawhunt@ca.ibm.com
Old 06-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen1971 View Post
x2!! Not to mention the amount of confusion that some hunters have with their draws now.. Could you imagine if they had to plan 6 years in advance??
I can see it now...."I forgot it was time to change to WMU xxx, now I am 999'd... When will be able to choose our draws?!"
its amazing isnt it? all the info is in the draw booklet, yet there are thousands of questions about the simplest things.

no wonder srd doesnt listen to hunters when they have requests regarding management of wildlife. looking at the average joe hunter that cant figure this out, its easy to see from their point of view that most hunters arent smart enough to have a reasonable opinion about such things.....
Old 06-25-2012, 06:54 PM

I have done this before. Call Alberta Relm help line and ask them to cancel the draw. They won't refund you but getting it right is well worth 3 bucks. After the draw is cancelled enter the correct one. The old one will still stay up on your draw profile but will show as cancelled.