Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-24-2012, 09:53 PM

Default First time Hunter, purchasing WIN card online

I have cousin who will be fininshing the online Hunter Education course tomorrow, provided that he passes, he wants to beat the deadline to put in a couple draws. WHat can I expect on getting the WIN card bought? Is there some sort of an ID# he will be given proving that the course was passed?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:58 PM

No need to wait before getting the WIN #.

Your Cousin can get his WIN # right now and apply for the draws tonight. He will need to have passed his hunter course before buying his hunting licence in a couple of months.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:05 PM

When I phoned ( the number on the back of your win card) about this I was told that they had to have passed their hunter training before they could apply for draws. I had a posting about this 2-3 weeks ago.

When getting a new win card they will give you a # that you use to apply for the draws.

This will be before the hard copy of the win card shows up in your mail.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Elk Hunter View Post
When I phoned ( the number on the back of your win card) about this I was told that they had to have passed their hunter training before they could apply for draws. I had a posting about this 2-3 weeks ago.

When getting a new win card they will give you a # that you use to apply for the draws.

This will be before the hard copy of the win card shows up in your mail.

I applied for my draws already and haven't completed any hunters Ed yet.... You only need it to actually purchase the draws. Not apply for them. I tought I was hooped for this year but turns out its needed to acquire licenses not apply.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:27 PM

Hope this helps

This is from my wild alberta site. Under win cards

Do I have to take a Hunter Education course before getting a Win Card

NO. Successfully completing a conservation and hunter education course (or passing a hunter-competency test) is required only for first-time hunters applying for a hunting licence (if such hunters have not passed such a course or test elsewhere and are not non-residents accompanied by a licensed guide). Anyone who applies and pays $8.00 is eligible for a WIN card.

http://www.mywildalberta.com/Hunting.../WINcards.aspx

passing a hunter-competency test) is required only for first-time hunters [B][COLOR="Red"]applying for a hunting licence

Call the # on the back of the Win Card and Yes first time hunters need to have Hunters Ed before applying for draws.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:13 AM

I phoned SRD and they said hunters ed must be completed before Hunting Draws. However, I'm not sure that's exactly true....Got my son to complete his hunter's ed on line and then put in for his draws a day or two later. I'm not sure if that was enough time for AHEIA to notify SRD. However, when you apply for draws it asks if you have completed hunter training. Just click yes and away you go. I'm not sure it takes anything more than your word that you are eligible.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Banned

thats funny. thunder posted the quote that applies, yet highlighted the wrong part and doesnt seem to understand what he posted.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:18 PM

What's funny bambi,
The highlighted part is the part that states you need to have your hunter training if you are going to apply for a draw. i.e. applying for a hunting licence

Thunder
Old 06-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Elk Hunter View Post
What's funny bambi,
The highlighted part is the part that states you need to have your hunter training if you are going to apply for a draw. i.e. applying for a hunting licence

Thunder
youre wrong....read closer.