Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-23-2012, 07:50 PM

Default Ozonics

Does any one know any thing about these things, Do they work like they say thet do?
Old 06-23-2012, 09:15 PM

I was wondering the same thing. THey look pretty cool.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:43 PM

It saved Jason Petersons bacon.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:28 AM

Thinking of getting one, Even if it takes away half your scent like you say it could make the difference, I watched all the u-tube video's on it but one never knows, If it works like you say it could make or break a sucsess on a monster. But it may increase the harvest rate with bow hunters on BIG Whitetails then they may go on draw too like mulies
Old 06-24-2012, 08:55 AM

Hey guys, I was skeptical until I used one this spring. As u all know a Bears #1 defense is his nose and I tell u what I am a believer now!
You should look at it like an insurance policy for when u have a swirling or fickle wind. I know from experience this spring that when they get a snout full of your scent stream, with the Ozonics running, they can sometimes detect something but they don't associate it with a human and they soon relax. In my opinion the ozone smells like static electricity, the same naturally occuring smell that you can detect after a good lightning storm..that fresh smell. Again, I think one still needs to practice good hunting fundamentals as you should always do but like I said, when those fickle winds come it can save all that hard work you have invested getting in range of that trophy of a lifetime.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
Hey guys, I was skeptical until I used one this spring. As u all know a Bears #1 defense is his nose and I tell u what I am a believer now!
You should look at it like an insurance policy for when u have a swirling or fickle wind. I know from experience this spring that when they get a snout full of your scent stream, with the Ozonics running, they can sometimes detect something but they don't associate it with a human and they soon relax. In my opinion the ozone smells like static electricity, the same naturally occuring smell that you can detect after a good lightning storm..that fresh smell. Again, I think one still needs to practice good hunting fundamentals as you should always do but like I said, when those fickle winds come it can save all that hard work you have invested getting in range of that trophy of a lifetime.
I think i will try one, Its like you said, You still go in a scent free as possible but when that swirling wind comes up something like this could save your hunt. I am exspecially excited to try this at the bear bait.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffy View Post
Been using the Ozonics now for two seasons, won't leave home with-out.. If you do purchase one, a spare battery is a good idea.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:06 PM

Don't own it, but i'm considering....
Found this interesting and talked to a friend in law enforcement saying that there has been talk of controlling it better or even banning it here...
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/14...ce-terrorists/
Old 06-24-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snortwheez View Post
Don't own it, but i'm considering....
Found this interesting and talked to a friend in law enforcement saying that there has been talk of controlling it better or even banning it here...
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/14...ce-terrorists/
Interesting read, Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:42 PM

I used one last fall. Actually I borrowed it from Jason Peterson and used it during the last week of the season. I wasn't getting the winds I needed to hunt a stand with a big deer on it.
To me it seemed like a gimmick but I had deer that had to cross my scent line to get out to the fields.
In my opinion, it doesn't make human scent dissapear totally, it seems to mask it or change it. I know that may not make a whole lot of sense, but when deer were in my scent line, they didn't spook, but I could tell they knew something was up. It was like they couldn't quite figure it out, but not totally scared of it.
Although hunting the proper winds is the best way to kill a big deer, to me this is a bit of a crutch if you need to make something happen.

Just my two bits worth.