Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2011, 05:44 PM

Default Looking for Acreage for Rent

I know this should be in BST but thought I might have a better chance here....

I have two dogs, one is a Husky/German Shepherd cross (she is the most perfect dog in the world). One is a pitt bull that we recently adopted from a friend who did not want him anymore....actually we were only supposed to doggy sit, but the guy never came back for him...the life, or, lack of, he would have had if we didn't take him in would have been....well I don't have to explain it. He is very friendly and not aggressive at all.

We recently found out that his brother got into it with a porcupine, vet said it was the worst case he'd seen in 17 years. The people he lived with didn't take him to the vet for two days.....now he needs to be observed for the next 6 months or so. So of course the hubby has decided to take him in temporarily until we can get him back on his feet and a better home for him. He is very obedient and calm, no aggression either.

We have a small yard that is not just big enough for the three dogs, even if it is just temporarily. We had been looking for an acreage to rent for awhile, but now we feel some more pressure to find one with the third dog coming.

So we are looking for an acreage to rent somewhere north of Calgary. I work by the airport, so somewhere close enough that I don't have to commute for more than 1 hour. I've tried looking online, but can't find any that will accept pets. The hubby works away half the time and will be taking at least 1 of the dogs with him every time.

We are very clean and responsible, can provide references. Niche has never messed in the house, and Buddy hasn't either so far (we've had him for about 5 months), and we do have a steam cleaner in case they do. We don't party, we both smoke but we smoke outside (I don't like the smell of it in the house).

If anyone knows someone looking for tenants, please let me know. It would be a world of help to us.

Mish

Bring on the hard water!!