Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-29-2013, 10:31 PM

Default First thread and a question

First off I want to say that I enjoy this forum and sometimes spend to much time on it. I must say that time flys reading all the opinions and thoughts.
Here is my conundrum. Last night was spent working and when I was unloading I was reading a thread and one of the forums high posters made a funny and seeing as I have a good sense of humor and thought I would add to it, quoted his post and added my little bit of humor.
I get up this afternoon and look at the thread to see if anyone else had added to it. Couldn't find hide nor hair of anything I had written. The original post in the thread was there but mine wasn't.
I thought that since I was tired I hadn't hit the submit button and did the whole process over. A few minutes later someone quoted me and said they thought that they had read it earlier in the day. That was when I realized that my post had been deleted.
I don't know what was wrong with what I had wrote and I never received a PM saying that I had stepped over a line or stepped on someone's toes or anything like that.
I've seen some pretty rough stuff here and my comment was really nothing as far as I could see.
I'm not suspended or banned so I'm guessing things are ok.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
First off I want to say that I enjoy this forum and sometimes spend to much time on it. I must say that time flys reading all the opinions and thoughts.
Here is my conundrum. Last night was spent working and when I was unloading I was reading a thread and one of the forums high posters made a funny and seeing as I have a good sense of humor and thought I would add to it, quoted his post and added my little bit of humor.
I get up this afternoon and look at the thread to see if anyone else had added to it. Couldn't find hide nor hair of anything I had written. The original post in the thread was there but mine wasn't.
I thought that since I was tired I hadn't hit the submit button and did the whole process over. A few minutes later someone quoted me and said they thought that they had read it earlier in the day. That was when I realized that my post had been deleted.
I don't know what was wrong with what I had wrote and I never received a PM saying that I had stepped over a line or stepped on someone's toes or anything like that.
I've seen some pretty rough stuff here and my comment was really nothing as far as I could see.
I'm not suspended or banned so I'm guessing things are ok.
I have had that happen to me as well. I never did find out why but I suspect that maybe it was deleted so as not to cause a problem from guys going off on it as they sometimes do.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:37 PM

Did you see the post show up or did you hit send then turn off the Internet and hit the sack. Sometimes posts don't get uploaded. Mobile devices particularly so.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-29-2013, 10:39 PM

ive also had that problem when making light of a situation. I usually do it to make an all to serious thread lightened up a little. no bigee, no worrys my friend...
Old 06-29-2013, 11:05 PM
Gone Hunting

I deleted your post Chewbacca.

At least I think that is the one you are referring to.

I didn't send you a note for two reasons. I was very busy at the time and you didn't do anything wrong.

However, the post you quoted was not appropriate for a general audience forum.

Correction, it was not the quote, it was what you added to the quote.
the rest of my explanation still holds. I didn't see it as a big deal, simply inappropriate for this venue.

Even though it was not appropriate, it was funny, and among most hunters, I think it would be acceptable. However, children do read these threads.

I didn't see the joke or you quoting it as worthy of a warning. Both were well intentioned I am sure.

So I simply deleted the posts and moved on.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 06-30-2013, 12:53 AM
Banned

Happens... its all a matter of opinion and perogative namely... the mods.
Some stuff slips by... they ahve to sleep some time but some overly colourful remarks get the chop.

Its a bummer when its a zinger but... you can't win em all.

I suspect I know the thread as well.

There is a fine line between sinner and saint here sometimes but at least you didn't get a chitty gram.

And... neither did I
Old 06-30-2013, 02:39 AM

Just got in from the fire. Good company with good people.
For what it's worth I'm glad all is good here between us.
Thanks for your patience Keg.
BDB you gots to quit baiting me like that
Like Arnold would say. "I'll be bach"
Old 06-30-2013, 04:03 AM
Banned

was it at 3am in the morning? iv'e had the same thing happen then as AO reboots.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I deleted your post Chewbacca.

At least I think that is the one you are referring to.

I didn't send you a note for two reasons. I was very busy at the time and you didn't do anything wrong.

However, the post you quoted was not appropriate for a general audience forum.

Correction, it was not the quote, it was what you added to the quote.
the rest of my explanation still holds. I didn't see it as a big deal, simply inappropriate for this venue.

Even though it was not appropriate, it was funny, and among most hunters, I think it would be acceptable. However, children do read these threads.

I didn't see the joke or you quoting it as worthy of a warning. Both were well intentioned I am sure.

So I simply deleted the posts and moved on.
That was a good answer, thank you.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:48 AM

Now I understand. I didn't realize you all were using a child's mind as the guideline. That explains a lot of the whining and bickering. Lol