Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-11-2008, 12:48 PM

No worries, man. I just say the, "Ciad mille failte " and knew it was the slogan for the town and their highland games! Cheers.

Tree
Old 06-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Banned

I am very surprised that all you DYED IN THE WOOL so called conservatives would even give CBC one second of your viewing time. Its a corporation made and run by friggen liberals.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:39 PM

It is just a song, I will watch hockey on CBC on Saturdays, on TSN or sports net when ever they have a good game on and if I am on the road its sports 960. I think most hockey fans are the same.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:58 PM

sad to see it gone...i don't think we will ever have another "song" that fully replaces it...however...i do not feel like it is my 2nd anthem or that it means to me more than any other tv. song. in all reality i think the nickelback cover of the elton john song will be the song that replaces it. ( i believe it is nickelback..i could be wrong..)

i hope it is not the hockey song.....that song drives me nuts.....although the punk cover version is much more fun.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:41 PM

I like the song cuz it screams Canadian like toques and maple syrup. My chief point was that CBC never seems to do the right thing, every major decision seems to blow up in their faces and become a PR nightmare. As for a replacement song I hear their doin a Canadian Idol type songwriting competition for 100 000 to the winner. Like Stompn Tom the Nickleback/Kid rock version of Saturday would likely cost more than the old HNIC theme unless Elton is a closet hockey fan.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:45 PM

i agree it is a canadin touchstone.....but time heals all wounds.....and i was only meaning that the nickelback song would replace it for the time being...as they already play it now i am assuming they already have some sort of contract....who knows for how long or how much.

i do agree about the short sightedness of the CBC...with all the absolute CRAP that the cbc uses my money to produce...and they couldn't hold on to this. one more reason i don't tune into the cbc all that often.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:23 PM

BTW, FYI, the poll in the Calgary Sun yesterday said 84% of the people thought CBC made the right decision.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Like Stompn Tom the Nickleback/Kid rock version of Saturday would likely cost more than the old HNIC theme unless Elton is a closet hockey fan.
Elton's been out for a while now..............and I'm NOT talkin' hockey!

Tree
Old 06-12-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemad View Post
BTW, FYI, the poll in the Calgary Sun yesterday said 84% of the people thought CBC made the right decision.
Exactly a poll in the Calgary Sun ...that hardly makes for a credible arguement... I mean cmon its a hotbed of the provincial Liebrals hardly the arguement I would make
Old 06-13-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBuzz View Post
I don't think the CTV stations will gain viewers by having that tune/ CBC will not loose any viewers.
CTV did /will get alot of publicity from this though
There will be a little flurry of people tuning into the CTV broadcast just out of curiosity to see what it looks and sounds like to see the song on a completely different broadcast. They are probably hoping a few stick around after. Plus they already got their 2.5 million dollars worth of publicity out of this.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leverboy View Post
I am very surprised that all you DYED IN THE WOOL so called conservatives would even give CBC one second of your viewing time. Its a corporation made and run by friggen liberals.
I don't really notice any political bias of any sort on hockey broadcasts LOL Except Cherry, who definitely is NOT liberal LOL.

If you boycott the CBC, all that happens is their advertising revenue goes down, so they need and get MORE money, your money, from the government.... So if there is anything on there that interests you, it actually pays to watch it.

But yes, I agree, some of theri programs have a pretty liberal bias.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemad View Post
And Calgary has their finger on the pulse of everything that is hockey
Thier opinion doesn't matter much...after all they think the Phelms are a GOOD hockey team. That in itself shows their ignorance on hockey facts.

BH

Old 06-13-2008, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodHound70 View Post
And Calgary has their finger on the pulse of everything that is hockey
Thier opinion doesn't matter much...after all they think the Phelms are a GOOD hockey team. That in itself shows their ignorance on hockey facts.

BH
Ahh, so you are saying everyone in Edmonton is dead against the theme song change? or are you just ****ing where you usually do? oh, by the way, Oiler fan here too... but that theme ain't gonna make them any better
Old 06-13-2008, 01:27 PM

C.B.C. recently shut down the production of Newsworld in Calgary and guys lost their jobs..We now have to listen to hockey night in Toronto and soon will just have to listen to C.B.C. in Toronto the capitol of Canada. I suggest all the tax money that goes into the C.B.C. from the west stays in the west and we form a new corporation called W.C.B.C. (western canada broadcasting corporation.)