Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-18-2018, 06:21 PM

Default Eskimo Mako 43cc leaking Fuel

Guys I noticed today at the lake if I lay my auger down on one handle gas tank up the fuel leaks from the grommet in the gas tank. Is there a fix for this. Secondly I have a spare gas tank for my Z71. Will this tank fit my Mako? Thirdly the choke lever broke off. Will the choke lever from a Z71 fit my Mako 43cc?. Rough day at Wab today lol.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:11 PM

Same thing here. Lay it flat with the tank up (not on a handle) and don't overfill (filling it half way is lots.....its a big tank). Don't know about the choke lever.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:44 PM

what is the serial number of both
Old 02-18-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellitsme View Post
what is the serial number of both
Sent you a Private Message. Thank you for the help. Im trying to repair hartly's auger .

Last edited by Jawjacker; 02-18-2018 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:51 AM

reading online seems to be a common issue with the eskimo augers, recently addressed this issue on my auger and a friends

it seemed the fuel line got brittle and shrunk a tiny bit where it seals with the rubber grommet....short term solution that might help until you fix properly is to simply pull some fuel line out of the tank through the grommet, so you have a fresh area of the fuel line making a seal against the grommet

with the case of my friends auger, the fuel line was deteriorated and cracking, so no short term fix there, need a new fuel line asap

it was either yetmans or lawnmower hospital that cost $9 plus shipping for a fuel line kit that includes the lines, grommet and fuel filter (did a couple rebuilds lately and can't remember what parts I ordered from where)

or you could buy a foot of fuel line locally for a lot cheaper and reuse the grommet and fuel filter
Old 02-20-2018, 05:41 PM

My leaks a bit also , like CNP said don't over fill. My choke lever broke also, I just built one out of a thin piece metal.