Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-04-2024, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I think it’s great.

Now to start a company called green eco slicers… make a Swiss Army knife green. Put a solar cell on the side and a led light. Donate $1 to save the whales and a $1 to support radical leftists. Write “diversity” on the other side.

Use rainbow metal for the blades.

Diversity video of people whittling carrots for a vegan salad.

Fast forward a year and I’m a millionaire.
I actually laughed out loud. This is an accurate humorous take.
Old 04-04-2024, 08:03 PM

A rock on the ground could be a weapon given the right circumstance. There is no end to this kind of stupidity.
Old 04-04-2024, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvsask View Post
I actually laughed out loud. This is an accurate humorous take.
The rainbow blade gor me. Help I'm being attacked by diversity!

Actually that happens on the LRT all the time.
Old 04-04-2024, 08:29 PM

I've carried a pocket knife for as long as I can remember...and used it for a variety of things...not the least of which was coming across this accident on the highway a few years ago. Tossed my knife to a buddy, who was able to use it to cut the seatbelt holding the unconcious driver laying over on the front seat and dragging him out, thereby saving his life !! A minute later this is what the vehicle looked like....

Old 04-04-2024, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
You seriously can NOT fix stupid. Ban golf clubs. Hammers. Pipe wrenches. Cutlery. Glass dishware. High heeled shoes. For the love of all things holy, people are stabbed in prison. Do they sell knives in there?
Wasn't one of the first murders ever recorded committed with a rock?
Ban 'em all, I say.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Wasn't one of the first murders ever recorded committed with a rock?
Ban 'em all, I say.
I believe it was a black tactical switch rock
Old 04-04-2024, 11:14 PM

I don’t know, you guys are laughing, but imagine how these people feel:

Former city councillor Allan Bolstad lives in the Alberta Avenue area where he said knives can be bought in convenience stores.

“I stood there for five minutes looking at these, thinking, this is bad,” Bolstad said.

Ok, I laughed here for quite a bit. Lol. Wait till he discovers the kitchen knives section at Canadian Tire. Or a jerky stand at the same convenience store. He will have a full blown panic attack.

This guy too:

Morin decided to walk into one corner store and purchase two knives.

“I wanted to see how easy it was for someone to go buying these weapons at our corner store and it was pretty quick,” Morin said.

I wonder what he was expecting when he decided to check “how easy it is to buy these weapons”.

Crazy stuff.
Old 04-05-2024, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post

Former city councillor Allan Bolstad lives in the Alberta Avenue area where he said knives can be bought in convenience stores.

“I stood there for five minutes looking at these, thinking, this is bad,” Bolstad said.

Ok, I laughed here for quite a bit. Lol. Wait till he discovers the kitchen knives section at Canadian Tire. Or a jerky stand at the same convenience store. He will have a full blown panic attack.

This guy too:

“I wanted to see how easy it was for someone to go buying these weapons at our corner store and it was pretty quick,” Morin said.

I wonder what he was expecting when he decided to check “how easy it is to buy these weapons”.

Crazy stuff.
It must be terrible going through life being afraid of a pocket knife. Cowardly lion is the image I see when I read these stories. Hopefully they don't have sons.
Old 04-05-2024, 07:16 AM

Quote:

This guy too:

Crazy stuff.
Pretty sure that Morin misspelled his own name.
Old 04-05-2024, 07:56 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtShooter View Post
https://globalnews.ca/news/10401448/...-store-knives/

Hilarious. Someone ask the UK how well their knife bans work!!
A few citizens want this not all of Edmonton and yup worth a story for some to write about is all.

This will blow over and onto another after all it’s the big city.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-05-2024, 08:36 AM

Nothing more than people moving into certain areas of the city, because real estate is cheap, and trying to gentrify them and profit from the proceeds. It's been happening everywhere for a long time. These areas of the city have always been rough and attracted certain demographics, which have been made way worse by the city enabling and encouraging drug use, homelessness and crime. The city has allowed setting up safe consumption sites, open drug use/drug dealing in these neighborhoods for years now. They have stifled law enforcement's attempts to actually enforce the law due to woke race based policies.

I'm not saying that gentrification is necessarily wrong, however it usually means displacing not only the addicts and mentally ill people, but also the lower income residents that have lived there for generations. There have been multiple attempts to clean up some areas of the city with countless millions of taxpayer dollars since I moved here 30+ years ago. There has been some success but most of these projects have failed to do anything but siphon more money from taxpayers and line the pockets of developers and contractors with close ties to the city. I can't blame the developers and contractors, as they'd be crazy to not take money thrown at them by the city.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:41 AM

When it comes right down to it, this appears to be nothing more than the woke looking for an excuse to be offended.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:49 AM

Another quote from Christy Morin:

“It’s really scary because when you’re working in critical care communities like the Alberta Ave district and areas, McCauley, Queen Mary Park, all over the city, we are dealing with people who are using heavy drugs and you’re sort of wondering: how are they going to manage a knife like this?” she said.

Maybe the drug issues should be examined first...not the knives...

Wokeness at its best!...
Old 04-05-2024, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
I've carried a pocket knife for as long as I can remember...and used it for a variety of things...not the least of which was coming across this accident on the highway a few years ago. Tossed my knife to a buddy, who was able to use it to cut the seatbelt holding the unconcious driver laying over on the front seat and dragging him out, thereby saving his life !! A minute later this is what the vehicle looked like....

A Tesla on a Sunday drive!

Have carried a knife my entire life - feel naked without it.
A pocket knife or a belt knife is a basic piece of safety equipment.
When I was in Nautical College, one of the crusty old instructors stated: "Gentlemen, a seaman without a knife is like a "lady of the night" without "the appropriate piece of her anatomy"" (Paraphrased)"
Words to live by...

Last edited by Sundog57; 04-05-2024 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-05-2024, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If the woke had their way, nobody HONEST AND LAW ABIDING would carry a leatherman or a pocket knife. I am surprised they don't call for registering kitchen knives. BUT THE CRIMINALS WOULD CONTINUE TO BE FORGIVEN FOR THEIR ACTS OF VIOLENCE, AFTER ALL, IT IS
SOCIETY'S FAULT
There. I fixed it for you.

Drewski
Old 04-05-2024, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundog57 View Post
A Tesla on a Sunday drive!

Have carried a knife my entire life - feel naked without it.
A pocket knife or a belt knife is a basic piece of safety equipment.
When I was in Nautical College, one of the crusty old instructors stated: "Gentlemen, a seaman without a knife is like a "lady of the night" without "the appropriate piece of her anatomy"" (Paraphrased)"
Words to live by...
I carry a mini leatherman in my pocket, and have a full sized one in the storage between the seats of my truck. Just as my father did, and his father before him, I carried a pocket knife since I was a young boy. Oddly enough, none of us have ever used the pocket knife as a weapon, we have always carried and used them as the tools they were designed to be..
Old 04-05-2024, 10:24 AM

Don't trust any man that doesn't carry a pocket knife.
Old 04-05-2024, 10:36 AM

Quote:
I carry a mini leatherman in my pocket, and have a full sized one in the storage between the seats of my truck. Just as my father did, and his father before him, I carried a pocket knife since I was a young boy. Oddly enough, none of us have ever used the pocket knife as a weapon, we have always carried and used them as the tools they were designed to be..
My grandfather gave me a Case Stockman when I was 7, I've rarely been without a knife ever since. Beyond being an indespensible tool pocket knives become keepsakes and mementos. After enough years in my pocket they aquire enough sentimental value that I retire them to a little box and get a new one. Going through that box occasionally is like looking at a photo album... memories of old adventures, friends I've lost touch with, and family members who've passed.

They will never stop me from carrying a knife.
Old 04-05-2024, 12:57 PM

Quote:

This guy too:

Crazy stuff.
Tell them they make knives out of toothbrushes in prison. That'll blow their minds!

BW
Old 04-05-2024, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I don't carry them on me. I do have one in the truck, in my tool kit on the ebike in my fishing vest, and in my tool box. Never too far away from my lethermens. Never ever though to use one as a weapon though.

BW
Old 04-05-2024, 01:07 PM

I wonder if Edmonton ever considered that people want to carry knives because they don't feel safe in this drug addled utopia they have created?

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-05-2024, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I wonder if Edmonton ever considered that people want to carry knives because they don't feel safe in this drug addled utopia they have created?
Knife is the last thing you want to have in a confrontation with a druggy… I would rather have an expandable baton… you take the knee out and walk away…
Old 04-05-2024, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I don't carry them on me. I do have one in the truck, in my tool kit on the ebike in my fishing vest, and in my tool box. Never too far away from my lethermens. Never ever though to use one as a weapon though.

BW
In other words, you are armed to the teeth! Or is it knifed to the teeth? Or leathermanned?
Old 04-05-2024, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Knife is the last thing you want to have in a confrontation with a druggy… I would rather have an expandable baton… you take the knee out and walk away…
My bare hands is the last thing. I will take the knife long before my bare hands.

I’d take numchucks though. 😂
Old 04-05-2024, 01:40 PM

Quote:
In other words, you are armed to the teeth! Or is it knifed to the teeth? Or leathermanned?
I just find a leatherman very handy, and like to have them within reach. Just don't walk around with one in my pocket or on my belt.

BW
Old 04-05-2024, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
My bare hands is the last thing. I will take the knife long before my bare hands.

I’d take numchucks though. 😂
Popeye- is that you?
Old 04-05-2024, 02:13 PM

I just watched a video on Active Self Protection of a druggie killing a policeman with a knife. I agree with others who have stated that the druggie was the problem, not the kitchen knife he used in the attack.

Gerry Burnie
Old 04-05-2024, 03:19 PM

Slow news day in Edmonton?
Old 04-05-2024, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekan View Post
No. Just the standard everyday MSM propaganda....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 04-05-2024, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekan View Post
Nah just another diversion from the real news that they don't report. All we have for TV news media is tabloid style 'news blurbs' devoted to nonsense catering to the dumb and dumber.

So much going on in Canada and the world yet they devote maybe 25% airtime to real issues which they put their biased media spin on, the rest is about things that don't matter to anyone. Infotainment sucks.