Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Banned

been following this thread with great interest. been trying to get info. about theese pigs for the past year. iv'e talked to county officials in barrhead, lac. ste anne, smokey lake and two hills. they still have a bounty on them in lac st. anne and two hills. iv'e also talked to relatives in the two hills area and mayerthorp area along with any local person i run into on my many fishing trips. two things iv'e discovered is that there don't seem to be that many around and if the locals do know of any they keep that info. to themselves. i will however keep trying and one day i hope to post a successfull pig hunt story.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:45 PM

county of two hills i have heard of some by derwent. not sure if that is two hills or vermillion though.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrushoutdoors View Post
I have seen the damage they can cause in the southern states where the numbers are in the 6 figures per state but here where we have wolves and cougars and large coyotes the numbers stay in check from what I have personally seen(not google). I have yet to see any damage from a few pigs that would even rival what one bear can do to an oatfield in one night.

and winger keep making yourself look stupid with all your lies good job
There not lies, Just repeating information I was told. Sorry that I was grossly misinformed. From now on (or at least awhile) Ill keep my opinions and everything else to myself. Enjoy your summer folks, good luck on your draws comin up! Taker easy
Old 07-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Banned

seems to be a lot of "i heards" on the topic. well guess what...I SAW one my own self. frist two pm's gets the info. they are in the wetaskiwin area, so if you dont live nearby dont bother.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:41 AM

My buddy killed one by Viking last year.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:04 AM

My son and his buddies got another pig tonite in an area talked about in this thread. That puts them up to 18 since december 2011. Their is alot more around than people realize. Will try to get pics up when he sends them