Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-22-2013, 05:26 PM

Default Please delete

How time flies. A friend asked me if I was going to the Thorncliffe Gun Show in January. I said what??????

So here it is:

Jan. 11./2014 – - A.A.C.C.A. Thorncliffe Community Centre – 10:00 to 4:00 - 403-771-8348 (voice mail only)

Apr.18th. & 19th. /2014. – A.A.C.C.A. Easter weekend show, B.M.O. Stampede grounds. 403-771-8348 (voice mail only)
Fri. 9:30 to 5:00; Sat. 9:30 to 4:00

Enjoy......

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:35 PM

I'm on the alternate list to get a vendor table there.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I'm on the alternate list to get a vendor table there.
Same here Stuart, and the big one at Easter.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:08 AM

With these gun shows are there any memberships you must obtain to get in or is it a fee at the door thing? New to the calgary area....
Old 12-25-2013, 01:01 AM

Usually they're reasonable $5 at the door, public welcome and women and kids get in for free. The Easter show generally has a big line that starts early for those seeking first admission. When I'm there as a shopper I'd prefer they stay open for another 2 hours, but when I'm a vendor closing time seems about right.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:44 PM

Is it any cheaper to buy a new rifle at the gun show as opposed to a store? Any other benefits and good reasons to go to the gun show?

I just started hunting and looking to get my own set-up for this year (borrow a rifle for this season), would it be worth it to check out one or more shows?
Old 12-26-2013, 08:30 AM

As far as new guns go, there are some times "show specials" that offer deals but for the most part, there are few real deals on firearms at gun shows these days. They can be a good opportunity to find collector items and discontinued guns (sometimes at a good price) that are normal hard to find though.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinthesky View Post
As far as new guns go, there are some times "show specials" that offer deals but for the most part, there are few real deals on firearms at gun shows these days. They can be a good opportunity to find collector items and discontinued guns (sometimes at a good price) that are normal hard to find though.
X2,MSRPs on new guns are fairly consistant from one dealer to the next......but with many vendors under one roof,depending how eager they are to move stock,might be some wiggle room,or throw in good pkg deal on scope/rings/sling etc.??More significantly,shows are good opportunity to find gently used guns,compare price and condition to what else is there etc.If you've done your homework ahead of time and know what you want and what you are willing to pay,used gun prices are more negotiable than new guns.
Just having many vendors under one roof alone can save you a ton of time and gas from running all over hell's half acre to "save" 50 bucks?
And last but not least,being in a room full of guns and gun enthusiasts is just plain fun day of manly shopping....GO TO SHOW!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:31 AM

The major thing I like about the Easter show is the variety of stuff available.
You can see stuff you won't find around town, or the province, and put hands on it. There is stuff that you may not have paid attention to, or not seen in a venue like the classifieds on the forums, or even magazine ads. There is stuff that come out of people's garages and closets and basements. There are items that inspire ideas. Lots of things to talk to people about, and usually, lots of people that can answer questions, because they have the knowledge. All in one place.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:55 PM

Good show, be better if there was more parking, but beats the Stampede rip off.

Grizz
Old 12-26-2013, 06:58 PM

Error