Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-06-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
So I put this together, as of Burglecut83's post (and including mine). If you posted you got 1 point. If you quoted Matty you got 3 points. If you got quoted by Matty you got 5 points. Matty's score worked different. He got 1 point for each post plus 1/5 points for each member he pulled into the thread....

Mind you, I did make one mistake in post count and I guess that is why I don't make $150k, despite my degree.

and we have our champion...
Awesome work, I won't ask how long it took but made for one of the best finishes to a troll thread in a long time! I don't see the point for the overtime loss but still a decent scoring system!

Old 01-06-2014, 11:00 PM

Yup, great work!
Crap, I didn't even "medal"!
Cat
Old 01-06-2014, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Hey Kid why don't you PM me your name and I'll make sure my counterparts at the Alberta Building Trades and at Syncrude and Suncor put your application In the appropriate file
Cat
Don't worry Cat you get my vote for the ribbon of excellence for the top post of "Career Advancement Assistance". With the permission of Erik I will see if this can be amended into the scoring chart........

Old 01-07-2014, 08:46 AM

I win!

......shame walk
Old 01-07-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRsMav View Post
I win!

......shame walk

Cat
Old 07-16-2014, 01:27 AM

hey guys,

I graduated last year with a Honours Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry. I live in Toronto and have been applying to jobs in the oil industry in alberta and have not been able to find anything. I have been considering going to SAIT or NAIT to do power engineering. I was wondering if i were to do this would I still have trouble finding a job in the oil industry? Any feed back would be much appreciated.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Wow... You should just drop out of school now while you still know everything and not have to work hard until you are of the ancient age of 30.

My nephew moved here from BC at the age of 17. He decided there was no future for him there and he was working as a bag boy at Safeway for $6 an hour.
Got a job in the oilfield doing all the crappy labour intensive jobs (grunt work).
Stuck it out and moved up the ladder.
He is now 30 years old and has a pretty nice house paid off, buys a new truck every two years, is home about as much as he is at work and has well over a million in the bank and in investments.

But hey... you feel you are above doing the hard work.
Must have bought a lot of Google.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brslk View Post
Wow... You should just drop out of school now while you still know everything and not have to work hard until you are of the ancient age of 30.

My nephew moved here from BC at the age of 17. He decided there was no future for him there and he was working as a bag boy at Safeway for $6 an hour.
Got a job in the oilfield doing all the crappy labour intensive jobs (grunt work).
Stuck it out and moved up the ladder.
He is now 30 years old and has a pretty nice house paid off, buys a new truck every two years, is home about as much as he is at work and has well over a million in the bank and in investments.

But hey... you feel you are above doing the hard work.
Bull*****