Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-13-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
Lets go, give it to me. Sees im the only one on this forum with a different opinion other than the Police being Nazis.
That right there should tell you something,But you are entitled to your opinion.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseelk View Post
That right there should tell you something,But you are entitled to your opinion.

A very pro-gun forum is not the place to start a debate but the topic is getting old fast to me and people need to move on. When the government steals children ill be concerned, until then, kicking in doors to flood ravaged homes and holding on to some guns isnt exactly pushing my buttons.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
A very pro-gun forum is not the place to start a debate but the topic is getting old fast to me and people need to move on. When the government steals children ill be concerned, until then, kicking in doors to flood ravaged homes and holding on to some guns isnt exactly pushing my buttons.
If its that troublesome ,You do have the option of not reading or posting on the subject.Just sayin
Old 07-13-2014, 03:10 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
its possible you dont own a tin foil wardrobe. What most here miss, as ive said on more than one occasion the police and military generally dont do things by halves. So if it was a gun grab they would have every single fire arm in high river.. locksmiths, plasma torches , metal detectors ect ect . However this was not the case and rudimentry search of property's brought forward a few hundred fire arms, of which it has been reported 99% have been returned safely.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
RCMP, military etc entered homes to ensure there was noone who was unable to exit themselves inside. They didnt kick every single door in High River. They kicked the doors of houses in the impact zone to ensure noone was dead inside, trapped or unable to get out themself. With noway of relocking the doors taking the firearms was the best decision that could be made.

Would it of made sense to leave notes on doors saying "This house is vacant", sure, but at the time people panicked and noone did it. A simple sign would have sufficed if it was done, but in High River it wasn't so I think the best situation unfolded.
I think you need to reread EVERYTHING that the RCMP did in High River. Some homes that weren't affected by the flood had the door kicked in and guns taken. Your post is ignorant DoubleU, get informed.

The police had plenty of opportunity to open their mouths and be upfront with people, but when they finally did, the damage was done. The fact that they have taken zero accountability?
Old 07-13-2014, 03:22 PM

You simpletons just don't get it.

Its not just about the RCMP taking guns.

The issue is the RCMP using their position of trust to illegally enter and seize property from lawful citizens.

If you are not upset about it something is wrong with your brain. Regardless that the property was returned - it was a breach of the most basic and most powerful law of our land. - The Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Allowing our National Police force to throw this law out the window - even if it saves just one life - is a insult to the individual and a threat to western values.

The individual is what makes our society great and when that individual can have his/her rights arbitrarily suspended by anything but a judge/jury we are already a ways down the slippery slope.

“The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail, its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter, the rain may enter -- but the King of England cannot enter; all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement!”

- William Pitt
Old 07-13-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Sad really a town devistated by flooding and folks are moaning abought fornt doors and a few hundred firearms. First world moan .
Those of us that were born and raised in Canada, a supposed free country, see this as being about our rights as Canadian citizens. We have the legal right to expect that our property, is safe from the very people that we pay to protect both ourselves, and our property. Unfortunately, the police in this country seem to think that they can do as they please, whether they are obeying our laws or not, and then make up lies afterward, in an attempt to justify their actions.

As for the people that were born and raised elsewhere, in places where personal freedoms and property rights mean little, I can understand why they can't figure out why many Canadians get upset, when our rights and freedoms are trampled on by the police.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
RCMP, military etc entered homes to ensure there was noone who was unable to exit themselves inside. They didnt kick every single door in High River. They kicked the doors of houses in the impact zone to ensure noone was dead inside, trapped or unable to get out themself. With noway of relocking the doors taking the firearms was the best decision that could be made.

Would it of made sense to leave notes on doors saying "This house is vacant", sure, but at the time people panicked and noone did it. A simple sign would have sufficed if it was done, but in High River it wasn't so I think the best situation unfolded.
You think a sign saying ,"clear, no one inside" would have stopped them from entering.....

That's funny!

This really has little to do with guns and everything to do with our fundamental rights and freedoms that they disregarded and stepped on!

LC
Old 07-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post

The issue is the RCMP using their position of trust to illegally enter and seize property from lawful citizens.

If you are not upset about it something is wrong with your brain. Regardless that the property was returned - it was a breach of the most basic and most powerful law of our land. - The Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Allowing our National Police force to throw this law out the window - even if it saves just one life - is a insult to the individual and a threat to western values.

The individual is what makes our society great and when that individual can have his/her rights arbitrarily suspended by anything but a judge/jury we are already a ways down the slippery slope.

“The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail, its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter, the rain may enter -- but the King of England cannot enter; all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement!”

- William Pitt
so now you quote castle law of the uk lololol so your a royalist . Like me.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Those of us that were born and raised in Canada, a supposed free country, see this as being about our rights as Canadian citizens. We have the legal right to expect that our property, is safe from the very people that we pay to protect both ourselves, and our property. Unfortunately, the police in this country seem to think that they can do as they please, whether they are obeying our laws or not, and then make up lies afterward, in an attempt to justify their actions.

As for the people that were born and raised elsewhere, in places where personal freedoms and property rights mean little, I can understand why they can't figure out why many Canadians get upset, when our rights and freedoms are trampled on by the police.
Thats really wierd that the right you speak of is based on the laws of the UK. so you suggest it was every day normal sit rep in high river and the RC's and military just showed up and started kicking in doors. Nope it was during or post, State of emergancy . In fact on that very sad day I watched the state of emergancy being called /posted in sundre. How boring, u's not frm hear we thinks we have the US constatutin so go back form theres. Lol magna carta hmm home as a castle yep ...till its below the high water mark .
Old 07-13-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasteland.soldier View Post
I'm not saying you don't have the right to your opinion. But I do have the right to point out when it's a dumb one.
Yeah, that one.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:56 PM

Some extremely disturbing views here i hope its just boredom leading to playing devils advocate how anyone could not be extremely upset by these illegal activities purpetrated against us by OUR public SERVENTS is truly beyond me..
Old 07-13-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Thats really wierd that the right you speak of is based on the laws of the UK. so you suggest it was every day normal sit rep in high river and the RC's and military just showed up and started kicking in doors. Nope it was during or post, State of emergancy . In fact on that very sad day I watched the state of emergancy being called /posted in sundre. How boring, u's not frm hear we thinks we have the US constatutin so go back form theres. Lol magna carta hmm home as a castle yep ...till its below the high water mark
Unfortunately we don't have a real constitution, like the USA, where everyone is equal under the law. Unfortunately when the Americans became tired of being oppressed by the British, and fought and defeated the British to form a country of their own, with more just laws, the people from the North declined to join in, so we are stuck with laws that have far too much basis in British law. The fact that our laws still refer to the crown, when our country is ruled by a parliament, rather than a monarch, is proof of just how backwards our laws are. Perhaps if the Royal was removed from RCMP name, and the stupid crown was removed from their emblem, they would be more inclined to do what we pay them to do, rather than to act as if they are above the law, like some kind of royalty.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I agree. Like Hildebeast Clinton said about Benghazi, "What difference does it make"

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 07-13-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
I agree. Like Hildebeast Clinton said about Benghazi, "What difference does it make"
The point being,that if the RCMP are not held accountable for their actions at High River, they will continue to do as they please, choosing any excuse that seems convenient at the time.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
so now you quote castle law of the uk lololol so your a royalist . Like me.
Whenever someone posts lol, my opinion of their IQ drops, when they run it on to lolol, it drops even further.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Whenever someone posts lol, my opinion of their IQ drops, when they run it on to lolol, it drops even further.
Whee-o good thing its an opinion. Happily mine was tested repeatedly, And found to be above average, But thanks for the concern.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
The point being,that if the RCMP are not held accountable for their actions at High River, they will continue to do as they please, choosing any excuse that seems convenient at the time.
Not the best quote to use anyway.
Kind of inappropriate when taken in context.

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.

What we need to do is to stop the establishment of policy becoming normal practice becoming law.

The start point is HR.

Every gun owner needs to insist that those crimes are prosecuted and that the government elect lnows that their standing in the next federal election depends on whether they do their job and stand up for our rights and the Charter or not.

A class action suit by those impacted wouldn't hurt either, especially if it is made very public.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosejuice View Post
Not the best quote to use anyway.
Kind of inappropriate when taken in context.

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator. Now, honestly, I will do my best to answer your questions about this, but the fact is that people were trying in real time to get to the best information. The IC has a process, I understand, going with the other committees to explain how these talking points came out. But you know, to be clear, it is, from my perspective, less important today looking backwards as to why these militants decided they did it than to find them and bring them to justice, and then maybe we’ll figure out what was going on in the meantime.
As much as you'd like to derail this thread. I'll pass. Suffice to say. She lied and fabricated reasons for things that she did and did not do, and then brushed it off as unimportant and ....oh look there's a squirrel.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 07-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Unfortunately we don't have a real constitution, like the USA, where everyone is equal under the law. Unfortunately when the Americans became tired of being oppressed by the British, and fought and defeated the British to form a country of their own, with more just laws, the people from the North declined to join in, so we are stuck with laws that have far too much basis in British law. The fact that our laws still refer to the crown, when our country is ruled by a parliament, rather than a monarch, is proof of just how backwards our laws are. Perhaps if the Royal was removed from RCMP name, and the stupid crown was removed from their emblem, they would be more inclined to do what we pay them to do, rather than to act as if they are above the law, like some kind of royalty.
You should really read more on the rcmp and the fact they have been reflective invited to many sh hole disaster areas to help train and assist in crean up recovery efforts ,hati , the indian ocean tsunami ,bosnia ect ect. Hmmm some what respected around the world. Oh geeze the french won the us war of independence yawn . The terrorists yanks had been on the back foot for two years blah . You might remember the RN a and Hm forces were defeating you boy Napoleon at the time uggg. For the tenth time nice constitution all right shame it took till 1968 to actually be true roughly speaking
Any way back on track I was at ground zero 2hrs north and can only speak of the respect and courteous actions of the RC's in the sundre area and there assistance in that area. Hence it boggles yhat it was sit rep normal and doors just started getting kicked and some of the fire arms in high river were secured ime house clearances do a wee bit mpre damage than a front door and 99% of the weapons are returned safely to the rightful owners in a prompt fashion. One guy was actually on the news applauding the actions for saving his collection hmmmm media spin im sure.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
As much as you'd like to derail this thread. I'll pass. Suffice to say. She lied and fabricated reasons for things that she did and did not do, and then brushed it off as unimportant and ....oh look there's a squirrel.
No worse than her opponents that cut funding for upgrades and forgetting about all the attacks on their watch.

All I'm saying is that if you want to use a quote it should be appropriate to the topic.

I agree with the sentiment but not the quote used to illustrate the point because it actually supports a view opposite to what you intended.

That is all.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Because we have not held them accountable they are now writing this breach of laws into their policy (rules of engagement) book. The only excuse they now need is that its's "policy", this policy will become the rule of law. Remember it's a just rule if it keeps adding to the progressives power over others.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 07-13-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post

- William Pitt
x100! I have a hard time seeing so many that don't grasp this concept. Big trouble for our kids.......
Old 07-13-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
This forum doesn't look too pro gun to me, in fact lately it's been taking on bit of an anti gun tone.

Are you a cop or just pro state powers & anti individual rights?

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 07-13-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
You should really read more on the rcmp and the fact they have been reflective invited to many sh hole disaster areas to help train and assist in crean up recovery efforts ,hati , the indian ocean tsunami ,bosnia ect ect. Hmmm some what respected around the world.
For one, it doesn't take much to improve on Haiti, or Bosnia, or the third world Asian areas that you refer to, so compared to their backwards law enforcement, the RCMP are a positive example. As to being respected, the people in those areas hear glorified stories of the NWMP, and the early RCMP, and they have not actually lived under modern day RCMP rule, so they have not experienced what is going on in places like High River. They have no idea, what the RCMP have become.

Quote:
Oh geeze the french won the us war of independence yawn . The terrorists yanks had been on the back foot for two years blah . You might remember the RN a and Hm forces were defeating you boy Napoleon at the time uggg. For the tenth time nice constitution all right shame it took till 1968 to actually be true roughly speaking
None of which changes the fact, that the once might British, lost to the Americans, and the Americans became a world power, as the British lost power and influence around the world.

Quote:
This forum doesn't look too pro gun to me, in fact lately it's been taking on bit of an anti gun tone.
Certain members, have always posted with an anti firearms tone, very notable one person that has posted several times on this thread. He seems to support the draconian firearms laws employed by the british.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish gunner View Post
Whee-o good thing its an opinion. Happily mine was tested repeatedly, And found to be above average, But thanks for the concern.
Are you implying your opinion was tested repeatedly and is above average?

If your point is your IQ is above average, why don't you apply it to your grammar, sentence construction, and punctuation so the rest of us can understand just exactly what the heck your point is.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
Because we have not held them accountable they are now writing this breach of laws into their policy (rules of engagement) book. The only excuse they now need is that its's "policy", this policy will become the rule of law. Remember it's a just rule if it keeps adding to the progressives power over others.
Precedence.

They normalize the practice and trin us like dogs to accept that it is just :how things are done".

Some have already learned that lesson with only minimal coaching.

Pretty sad the sort of bipods that are bold enough to call themselves free men nowadays.
Worse part is the suckers actually believe it.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Certain members, have always posted with an anti firearms tone, very notable one person that has posted several times on this thread. He seems to support the draconian firearms laws employed by the british.
It's unfortunate he never learned English. Too busy polishing his Camilla bobble head.

The ignore button will drop your blood pressure 10pnts.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosejuice View Post
Precedence.

They normalize the practice and trin us like dogs to accept that it is just :how things are done".

Some have already learned that lesson with only minimal coaching.

Pretty sad the sort of bipods that are bold enough to call themselves free men nowadays.
Worse part is the suckers actually believe it.
Exactly. The media helps normalize this behavior, after all the cops are only going after "crazy" gun owners. What most knothead Canadians don't realize is this attack on property is setting the precedence that anything is fair game.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:04 PM

Being a Mounty mean's never having to admit you did something wrong.