Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 PM
Banned

Default Yamaha rhino 700efi

Who owns one of these and do you really like it or not. I got roped into buying one in very nice shape but not sure if I want to keep it. I have never owned a side by side, they seem really big and heavy and wide. I have noticed that a lot of people own them and love them. Are they really that good for hunting? what makes them any better than a quad?
Old 07-16-2014, 12:26 AM

I just recently bought my friend's in November. It was his personal machine as he is a Yamaha 5 Star dealer. Mint shape with over $10g in accessorize including Fox Float shocks, rear ro cage and seat , power steering to name a few .

We have been using rhinos at moose camp since they come out and have 4. Now three of the guys have the new Viking and 2 rhinos.

I think the rhinos are great machines for the outdoors stuff. I went from my old 99 Honda 450 es that was a great machine but the rear before snapped the rear axle. My 2 boys are wanting to go out and with the quad it was too hard with 3 to attempt hunting.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:00 AM

Put bigger tires on it and it will go where no man has ever been before.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumoulin View Post
Put bigger tires on it and it will go where no man has ever been before.
Does it make that much of a difference? If I keep it I will do that. What kind of tires do you recommend? Do you have to go with larger rims?
Old 07-16-2014, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Fishing Maniac View Post
I just recently bought my friend's in November. It was his personal machine as he is a Yamaha 5 Star dealer. Mint shape with over $10g in accessorize including Fox Float shocks, rear ro cage and seat , power steering to name a few .

We have been using rhinos at moose camp since they come out and have 4. Now three of the guys have the new Viking and 2 rhinos.

I think the rhinos are great machines for the outdoors stuff. I went from my old 99 Honda 450 es that was a great machine but the rear before snapped the rear axle. My 2 boys are wanting to go out and with the quad it was too hard with 3 to attempt hunting.
Sounds like you can do a lot with that machine.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 375ph View Post
Does it make that much of a difference? If I keep it I will do that. What kind of tires do you recommend? Do you have to go with larger rims?
I recommend 14" rims and a set of 27" mudlights or swamlites. It will make a world of difference and give you an extra (true) 2" lift without messing with lift list which will trash your axels no matter what "they" say.

Don't put too aggressive tires or it will be hard on the front end due to vibration on hard ground.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:22 PM

Get the Big horn maxis you won't be disappointed. I had them on my RZR and they were excellent
Old 07-16-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumoulin View Post
I recommend 14" rims and a set of 27" mudlights or swamlites. It will make a world of difference and give you an extra (true) 2" lift without messing with lift list which will trash your axels no matter what "they" say.

Don't put too aggressive tires or it will be hard on the front end due to vibration on hard ground.

If stock is 25" then 27" gives you 1" of lift. And stay as far away from mudlights as possible.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Banned

Default Tires

I was just in the market for tires. I have mud lites on my quads so that's what I was going to put on my sxs until I went to Recreational Power Sports. The said all the exploration company's are going with the mud bugs because of how well the preformed specifically in muskeg, because the tread design doesn't tear up the muskeg as bad so I bought them.

Totally impressed with their performance in muskeg, definitely outperform my mud lites in the muskeg which is where I'm most scared of getting stuck where I ride. Also totally impressed with Recreational Power Sports prices.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I was just in the market for tires. I have mud lites on my quads so that's what I was going to put on my sxs until I went to Recreational Power Sports. The said all the exploration company's are going with the mud bugs because of how well the preformed specifically in muskeg, because the tread design doesn't tear up the muskeg as bad so I bought them.

Totally impressed with their performance in muskeg, definitely outperform my mud lites in the muskeg which is where I'm most scared of getting stuck where I ride. Also totally impressed with Recreational Power Sports prices.
Good to know for next time.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:03 PM

I've owned all of them mudlites and bighorns are both terrible tires. Go with Mudbugs or Zillas.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Banned

Default mud bugs

Wow, some awesome advise. I think I will look at the mud bugs.