Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-17-2011, 04:45 AM

Default sylvan fishing tips

hey there, im looking for some fishing tips on sylvan lake. i go there from sundre 2-3 times a week maybe more with friends, and all we pretty much seem to catch is walleye, from the peir. the only other thing i have managed to catch off the peir is a 29inch 6.5lb pike, can anyone tell me some better spots to go and what would work better then a jig and minnow. i do not have a boat or access to a boat, so if anyone knows any shore fishing secrates it would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-17-2011, 11:43 AM

Marina bay just down the road with the rainbowish houses you can fish from shore and its a better chance to catch 15+lb pike and over 100 eyes.

dont expect to catch perch at all.
dont expect the whites till fall.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:23 AM

ok, i have tryed there and not caught anything, what time would you advise to go there and what setup should i use? ive tryed jig and minnow and got nothing so far
Old 07-18-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentam View Post
ok, i have tryed there and not caught anything, what time would you advise to go there and what setup should i use? ive tryed jig and minnow and got nothing so far
ok mabe your not in the right spot are you fishing on the dock and casting out 15-20 feet?

i use size 12 black marabu leeches on the fly rod.

but if your spincasting a simple j hook with a minnow should work if therye shying away from the jig.

the lighthouse is another decent place to catch all fish. you will normaly see the whitefish swimming around there and sightfishing there for the pike is pretty good too

Tags
sylvan lake