Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 PM

Default WCB. How do they figure out payments.

I hurt myself at work this past Monday. I fell down hard in a trailer on my lower back/butt area and went to the Hospital an hour later. X-Rays showed no bone damage.

At this point I can't really sit or stand at all without a lot of pain. My entire left side and lower back is completely seized. I spoke with my boss tonight. I told him that I had just seen my Doctor who put me on Percocets and told me to let the swelling around the injury settle down. The boss is obviously worried about the premiums for the Company and wants me to go into work and do something so that it is not a lost time accident. I explained that it takes me a long time to find a position that allows my back to relax. He is none too happy right now and told me this: " I'm not sure how WCB is going to work this out. You probably wouldn't have got any hours in this week, so I don't think they should have to pay for those days." I have only missed a few days due to shortage of work in the last 3 months and generally get close to my 40hours.

Does WCB pay based on what I have been working in the past few months or what the Employer says I "would" have been getting?