Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-08-2016, 02:32 PM

Default Deeper Fish Finder

Been hearing about these things for a while now. Checked some YouTube videos on them and they seem like a cool little unit for locating fish. It's definitely a cheaper alternative for getting an ice flasher and I like how compact they are. I can definitely see a few disadvantages like draining the battery on your mobile device, but for just dropping down a hole and seeing if there is any fish around would be neat. Was wondering if anyone on these forums have used these things and what's your experience with it been like? Also, where in Alberta can you buy them?
Old 12-08-2016, 03:08 PM

Don't know anything about them but just looked it up. They have a sale on right now. $40 off the Pro version and $50 off the Pro+ version and free express shipping.

http://deepercanada.com/
Old 12-08-2016, 04:38 PM

I bought mine in the summer so I have not used it on the ice yet but when I do I will let you know. it works pretty good for the price you pay and I just used it on my aluminum boat off the side to find depths and things like that. its pretty detailed especially when the water is clear. it does drain your battery pretty fast but I also use my phone to kill time as well so its probably a combination of both.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:11 PM

There was a review on this site last year or the year before if you do a search you should be able to find. That was one of the older models though and I believe a lot has changed since, although that did rate highly according to him. I went with the Fish Hunter unfortunately and have not been happy with the fish finder part of it but works great as depth finder.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:41 PM

Talk to Brandonkop AO member on here he knows all about these things. He is your best bet to know if they are any good and how to use them
Old 12-08-2016, 10:30 PM

Save your money and buy a real flasher

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2016, 09:04 AM

Default Deeper

I have had one for the last 2 hard water seasons and love it. Your correct about draining battery but if you get a cheap tablet or turn on airplane mode it doesn't run it down bad at all. Feel free to PM me if you want more info I'm sure the real flashers are better but the deeper does the job for me. Once at gull I put it in a during ice season and it was going nuts right away I figured it was full of **** lol. Put a small hook down and the second it hit bottom tap tap tap lol. School of perch. Works great for the summer also
Old 12-09-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Save your money and buy a real flasher

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
you don't like it? or have you tried it?
Old 12-09-2016, 09:17 AM

I haven't tried the deeper fish finder But I would suggest the Garmin Striker 4 for $180. http://www.cabelas.ca/product/85751/...sonargps-combo It's a good little fish finder.

Last edited by FishingNewb; 12-09-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:25 AM

NO I HAVE NOT ,just checked it out online for the price I think a flasher or fish finder would be a better option IMO,i guess it could have some uses .