Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-24-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Just got some similar news...sorta.

Got a call earlier today with an offer to spend some time working up in Lloyd. Wicked money, but I'll be pretty much stuck there working and not doing much else. Any days off would be spent with the wife.

Great opportunity to make some quick money and get myself at least somewhat out of the hole, but kinda disruptive to life
You realize the bites going to heat up on every Edmonton area lake as soon as you go. There'll be trophies jumping out of holes.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:

Got a call earlier today with an offer to spend some time working up in Lloyd. Wicked money, but I'll be pretty much stuck there working and not doing much else. Any days off would be spent with the wife.

Great opportunity to make some quick money and get myself at least somewhat out of the hole, but kinda disruptive to life
Life being what it is my friend, take it while you can get it, the fish arent going anywhere. I will save a few for you down here if nothing else. and besides, spending time with your wife isnt all bad

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-24-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfespirit View Post
You realize the bites going to heat up on every Edmonton area lake as soon as you go. There'll be trophies jumping out of holes.
I know...you can thank me later

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-24-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Life being what it is my friend, take it while you can get it, the fish arent going anywhere. I will save a few for you down here if nothing else. and besides, spending time with your wife isnt all bad
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to do it...it'll be a PITA but it's an opportunity that I really shouldn't pass up.

And yeah, spending time with the wife definitely has its benefits...especially after a couple weeks apart

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 12-24-2009, 10:53 PM

Well that sucks...... more fish for me then

When are you headed up? Maybe you can make it out sometime before you leave.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 12-24-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Well that sucks...... more fish for me then

When are you headed up? Maybe you can make it out sometime before you leave.
Sounds like they want me up there for Jan 5. Really hoping I can squeeze in at least one more day of fishing before I head up there, but we'll see how things pan out. I'd really like to head somewhere I can pull something a little more substantial through the ice

edit: picked up a wicked sled from another forum member today...no more trying to get everything into the backpacks!!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-24-2009, 11:20 PM

i'll be out there for around 830 ish and know the lake fairly well.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck posse View Post
i'll be out there for around 830 ish and know the lake fairly well.
Sweet! Glad to hear you're coming out for sure, and especially glad you know the lake (since I have no idea!) I hereby nominate you as our official Hasse guide!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-25-2009, 12:12 PM

830? I will be there by 2 in the afternoon! But will be there.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyflyfish View Post
830? I will be there by 2 in the afternoon! But will be there.
Better late than never

I'll be there early, and I'll probably be one of the last ones off the ice...bring a flashlight for when it gets dark and we'll slay some fish!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-25-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:

Yeah thats life sometimes hey. Well merry x-mas/holidays/hounaka, etc. to all, anyone get any fishing schwag for x-mas. Got me some new stuff can't wait to go on monday. See ya all there
Old 12-25-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Yeah thats life sometimes hey. Well merry x-mas/holidays/hounaka, etc. to all, anyone get any fishing schwag for x-mas. Got me some new stuff can't wait to go on monday. See ya all there
Sweet, new toys! What'd ya get?

No fishing goodies for me this year, but that's okay...have a more important purchase to hopefully make in the next couple days for the wife and I

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-25-2009, 01:07 PM

i'll supply the noise got a new e call im dieing to try out. but ill leave the boom stick at home.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:58 PM

Just checked the forecast, and The Weather Network says the high for Monday is -8...should be a nice one out there!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-26-2009, 01:03 PM

I have to take a pass this time.Please give us an update of the event and the catches..Have fun everyone !
Old 12-26-2009, 05:01 PM

was thinking about hitting beach corner for breakfast before hitting the ice anyone interesrted i.ll be there around 7:30
Old 12-26-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
was thinking about hitting beach corner for breakfast before hitting the ice anyone interesrted i.ll be there around 7:30
I'm in. Mind meeting up with me somewhere along the way?

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-26-2009, 05:42 PM

7:30 is too early for me but I can meet up with you on the ice. Ill tie some orange survey tape pn my tent so you can find me amoungst the sea of tents lol

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 12-26-2009, 05:50 PM

sure timmies in stony ok or which way are u coming out
Old 12-26-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
sure timmies in stony ok or which way are u coming out
Sent you a visitor message, but how about the Tim's on 34ave and 99st?

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-26-2009, 06:19 PM

geez....timmies??? how about a grill on the ice with some bacon eggs, and fresh coffee!! Ya man thats what Im talking about!!
Old 12-26-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
geez....timmies??? how about a grill on the ice with some bacon eggs, and fresh coffee!! Ya man thats what Im talking about!!
We're just meeting up at the Tim's then heading out to Beach Corner for breakfast I think?

Never been to Hasse so I'm hoping to meet up with that redneck guy so I can follow him out...breakfast is just a bonus as far as I'm concerned

If you've got it brewing, I'll definitely take you up on a coffee out there

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-26-2009, 07:47 PM

as far as breaky on the lake is concernd i have a coleman stove ill find my grill and coffee pot and im game bacon eggs and coffee lake side sounds good to me. up to u guys..
Old 12-26-2009, 07:49 PM

I just want to make it clear, chance of getting any large fish is slim. That said chance of getting lots of small fish is good. Just so we are all on the same page
Old 12-26-2009, 07:53 PM

where is this place? Obviously somewhere west.

t
Old 12-26-2009, 07:54 PM

as lond as i get to wet a line im good. plus who want to be botherd catching big fish they interupt my napping.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyallpeder View Post
I just want to make it clear, chance of getting any large fish is slim. That said chance of getting lots of small fish is good. Just so we are all on the same page
That's the name of the game this time around...sounds like there may be a few kids in the mix and it would just be fun for everybody to catch something and get out and do some socializing

Depending on my work situation, as soon as I have time available I want to organize another gathering, and bigger fish are definitely going to be a part of that plan!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-26-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
as far as breaky on the lake is concernd i have a coleman stove ill find my grill and coffee pot and im game bacon eggs and coffee lake side sounds good to me. up to u guys..
Sure, that sounds like a good time, and I know thorne is in as well

I'll bring out a pound of bacon and a dozen eggs...how many are in for breakfast?

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-26-2009, 09:28 PM

So what do you guys suggest for bait out there? I just took a look at my maggots, and they're all black (only half of them were black when I got them ) so I'll probably need to grab something. I do have some minnows, both preserved and frozen, but they might be a bit on the big side for perch. Still have some garlic shrimp chunks as well. And these guys (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=48325) if I'm feeling adventurous

edit: and I'm assuming little jigs are the way to go?

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 12-26-2009, 09:31 PM

im bringing a tub of small minnows and maggots. can try marshmellows to they work all summer for trout.