Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 11-13-2014, 10:43 AM

The new Rolo cam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolocam (38).jpg (26.5 KB, 89 views)
Old 11-13-2014, 01:23 PM

Kind of funny some of the comments on here, let me tell you guys just wait until you shoot this bow its not meant to be a speed bow but it by far the smoothest bow I have ever drawn and shot, no vibration what so ever , just dead in your hand. We have had our demo in the shop for a week and have many orders for this bow, now if they can just fill their orders on time I will be very happy. According to my rep at Mathews it has broken all records for pre sales. Do yourselves a favor before you pass judgment, find a shop that has one and try it out.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
Then there is again for target the TRG7

Neil
looks like it could fold into a decent game cart at least.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:37 PM

Heck I'd like to try it. Looks like it should make a smooth drawing bow at least. If it has rubbing/wear issue's, that would prevent me from buying it but I'd still like to shoot it. Looking to try a couple of the new Elite's though, after what I've been hearing about them. To me, smooth and easy draw cycle is paramount,as well as a good solid wall. Vibration is a non issue for me, I've never shot a bow that had a bothersome amount. With some its noticeable, but I really don't care. The arrow is away, whats it matter if the bow shudders a tiny bit?
Old 11-14-2014, 04:15 PM

I shot the Z2 and HRT today at Big Timber in GP. Liked them both but the HRT is the smoothest bow I have ever shot. Like Spike said no vibration at all. I compared it with the Heli and it was like night and day.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:43 PM

Got a chance to shoot the no cam HTR today. Like what was said before it was very smooth and extremely dead in the hand. It defiantly has a different feeling draw cycle though it starts out feeling very heavy in the beginning and then feels like it lightens up through out the rest of the draws cycle. On another note my bow tech thought that the Teflon sleeves were there not to protect the string but keep the serving tight where it goes around the round track. Either way there was no signs of any rubbing on the one I shot.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:11 PM

Has anyone shot these no cam or the creed xs yet? Any in calgary to check out
Old 12-05-2014, 02:45 PM

I am surprised none of a the authorized dealers that are on this site have not shot and reviewed the no cam yet. I shot the no cam at Big Timber in Grande Prairie.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:40 PM

I shot the no cam and was not impressed. Bow was quite, no question but the draw cycle was odd.

I am in my 40's, started shooting compounds when all we had were round wheels and tear drops on metal cables was the norm. The bow it self feels big and awkward. I am far from a mathews hater, as I have shoot them for years, last bow they built that I Liked was the MR series. This bow seems like a desperate attempt to be different just to be different.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:08 PM

Just shot one today, Its pretty smooth...I was surprised when I read all the hate on Matthews...I'm relatively new to the bow world and don't yet have an allegiance to any specific bow company yet. My first bow got stolen (Diamond/BowTech) now I'm looking for my next/upgrade, If the price tag wasn't so high for the HTR I probably would have picked it up today. But all the posts about it being smooth are 100% correct. Does anybody have some actual helpful information about these bows? Where does all the hate come from?
Old 03-20-2015, 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=munki63;2771818]Just shot one today, Its pretty smooth...I was surprised when I read all the hate on Matthews...I'm relatively new to the bow world and don't yet have an allegiance to any specific bow company yet. My first bow got stolen (Diamond/BowTech) now I'm looking for my next/upgrade, If the price tag wasn't so high for the HTR I probably would have picked it up today. But all the posts about it being smooth are 100% correct. Does anybody have some actual helpful information about these bows? Where does all the hate come from?[/QUOTE]

Most of this was just parody from "fan boys" of other brands....lol
in all seriousness Mathews inovated the archery world with its bows and strings...I personally shot them for 20+ years...

They were the most sucessful archery manufacturer of its time ...only archery company in fourtune 500 club....but they got somewhat cocky...
and havent done anything new or at least what shooters wanted in the last three years, they only thing up was price...and lost a lot of loyal shooters...including myself...

They are the inovator of Solo Cam...any company with solo cams in their line up pay loyalties to Mathews....hence systems like "cam 1/2"

They are still top of line bow manufactuers, bows and service is quaility...

However I can shoot an inovative APA..made in Canada..just as wwell or better as APA really fits a shooter...
.couple years ago it took me 7 weeks to get an Idler wheel for a mathews bow...parts I can get overnight from APA...thats a hunting season....was one of reasons I switched.

If the Mathews bow grabs your fancy...by all means shoot it you most likely wont be dissapointed..

Neil
Old 03-20-2015, 03:34 PM

LC
Old 03-20-2015, 03:42 PM

That's funny I'm trying to decide between Bear, Matthews and APA! REALLY like how the no cam shoots tho!
Old 03-20-2015, 03:42 PM

he he he he he he heeeeeeee
Old 03-20-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

LC
Old 03-20-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
he he he he he he heeeeeeee
Have you fired an arrow through a no cam yet lost?
Old 03-20-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munki63 View Post
That's funny I'm trying to decide between Bear, Matthews and APA! REALLY like how the no cam shoots tho!
Go with what bow that picks you...not what everone else thinks you should shoot!!!

Neil
Old 03-20-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkhammer View Post
Have you fired an arrow through a no cam yet lost?
Was commenting on Leftys picture sorry....

Yes ...its actualy not really new tecnology....more like 25 year old technology revised...

But it shoots nice...

....its a smooth draw like the old round wheel bow...but its got up to 85% let off...

Neil
Old 03-20-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkhammer View Post
Now thats even funnier...ha ha ha ha!
Old 03-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Banned

I keep testing the HTR and I keep walking away wondering what people like about that bow. I hear "what a smooth draw" all the time, but I don't see it. I always test bows @ 70lbs because that's the minimum weight I shoot at. I bought a Blowtech RPM 360 this year after testing about 15-20 different flagship and top end bows. I challenge anyone who thinks an HTR is smooth @ 70lbs to try an RPM @ 50lbs and see which draw cycle you prefer, because an HTR @ 70lbs and an RPM @ 50lbs will both shoot a 400gr arrow around 280fps.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:20 PM

If you guys think that is an old style wheel bow, you need to lay off the ganja.

Note that the wheels are anchored in the centre of the wheel.... I can't even wrap my head around how this works.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudelpointer View Post
If you guys think that is an old style wheel bow, you need to lay off the ganja.

Note that the wheels are anchored in the centre of the wheel.... I can't even wrap my head around how this works.
No one said it was an old stlye wheel bow...just said its a revised no cam bow...

Neil
Old 04-25-2015, 01:48 PM

Default No cam

Any new reviews on the no cam ?
Old 04-25-2015, 05:54 PM

I love mine
Old 04-27-2015, 08:17 AM

It seems that all who own the no Cam love it...many are just reluctant to try it for some reason

Neil
Old 05-29-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
It seems that all who own the no Cam love it...many are just reluctant to try it for some reason

Neil

Price tag maybe?
Old 05-29-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytAlpha35 View Post
Price tag maybe?
One good Reason for sure...

Neil