Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-24-2010, 07:55 PM

Default 2010 X-bow season

Has anyone heard if they are gonna have a cross bow season this year? I sure hope they dont! what a stupid idea. And anyone who says its the same as a bow is a complete retard! The hardest part of bowhunting is drawing on the animal, every bowhunter knows that.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:30 PM

I for one am glad that you bought this to the attention of the forum as it has never been discussed here.

A little hint though, some members may be offended by your above terminology to describe those whose veiws are opposite yours.

I am sure glad you are posting I think you will clear a lot of things up for the outdoor community here.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:47 PM

I should not have used the word "retard". I hope people know what I ment. This xbow thing is going to screw bowhunters hard.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:01 PM

There are hundreds of posts on the subject, look them up!!! There's no need to start another one. Just read up the 24 pages in the hunting section, on crossbows ,up top. If there's something we missed feel free to add to that thread.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR_mike View Post
I for one am glad that you bought this to the attention of the forum as it has never been discussed here.

A little hint though, some members may be offended by your above terminology to describe those whose veiws are opposite yours.

I am sure glad you are posting I think you will clear a lot of things up for the outdoor community here.
Did you type that with both hands
Old 06-24-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonker892 View Post
Has anyone heard if they are gonna have a cross bow season this year? I sure hope they dont! what a stupid idea. And anyone who says its the same as a bow is a complete retard! The hardest part of bowhunting is drawing on the animal, every bowhunter knows that.
Not only are x-bows coming in,there going to change the edmonton\calgary bow zones into primative weapons zones just like saskatchewan,so i'll be able to use my muzzleloader in the bow zone starting 2011!!! I cant wait!!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:14 PM

Yes but one of them is very, very sore.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
Not only are x-bows coming in,there going to change the edmonton\calgary bow zones into primative weapons zones just like saskatchewan,so i'll be able to use my muzzleloader in the bow zone starting 2011!!! I cant wait!!
Good luck with that.Only elk should ever have that one.As most can not get an elk with a bow.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckslayer1 View Post
Good luck with that.Only elk should ever have that one.As most can not get an elk with a bow.
Luck has nothing to do with the Future.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:44 PM

Some people who don`t know any better have this misconception . That if you allowed crossbows in archery season their would be lots of rifle hunters flocking into the woods toting a crossbow. Well i am a BC bowhunter and that is simply not the case . Lots try it . the ones that like most will buy a compound .

Crossbows in bow season is good for bowhunters. It brings numbers up .
Old 06-24-2010, 09:48 PM

Bringing the numbers up is good? I really dont see your logic. If everyone bowhunted it would totally suck. More people = more competition for land to hunt on and tags.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:56 PM

The logic is the more hunters the easier it will be to keep your hunting rights. The more bow hunters the more bow hunting opportunities
Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 PM

I understand more hunters= more hunting rights but how is there more bowhunting opportunitys? there is a limited amount of tags, if we are all competing for them wouldnt that mean less opportunitys?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:34 PM

A larger percent of bow hunters just might get a larger percent of hunting opportunities.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Luck has nothing to do with the Future.
Future has no guns in our bow ONLY zones. You keep dreaming about that cause that is all that it will ever be.

Sealevel how do you think it will increase anything for bowhunters? It will take tags away.As more people means draws etc... I dont see your logic on this.As for B.C. They have a very flawed system in place for all hunting/draws IMO... Albertas is better and we dont need any change in this topic.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:12 AM

Smile

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I will have to hang my crossbow up that I just finished getting good at shooting with to its max range of 40-50 yards and order one of those new muzzle loader setups from Gunwerks that are good to 500 yards.I can't wait either.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Pretty tough to use your muzzleloader in parts of the bowzone with a firearms bylaw! Plus IF the rule passes it won't apply to muzzleloaders, to high of a population density, 200 yrds of building will be tough to comply with.

Don't be fooled either, even IF the rule changes, most bowhunters in the bowzone have already started to inform their landowners, of the potential consequences of allowing X-guns on their land. I know almost all of mine have said they won't, and most of mine give me authority to allow and disallow access to their land as well. So a good chunk of land in a NO for xguns.I know alot of other bowhunters/landowners that are also following suit.

Last edited by pottymouth; 06-25-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Pretty tough to use your muzzleloader in parts of the bowzone with a firearms bylaw! Plus IF the rule passes it won't apply to muzzleloaders, to high of a population density, 200 yrds of building will be tough to comply with.

Don't be fooled either, even IF the rule changes, most bowhunters in the bowzone have already started to inform their landowners, of the potential consequences of allowing X-guns on their land.
Potential comsequences? What a joke.

Quote:
I know almost all of mine have said they won't, and most of mine give me authority to allow and disallow access to their land as well. So a good chunk of land in a NO for xguns.I know alot of other bowhunters/landowners that are also following suit.
Think I might need to have a talk with my relatives and friends on the 150,000+ acres of land that I have authority to allow or disallow access about all of the potential consequences that could arise from allowing bow hunters to hunt that pre rifle season any more.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckslayer1 View Post
Future has no guns in our bow ONLY zones. You keep dreaming about that cause that is all that it will ever be.

Sealevel how do you think it will increase anything for bowhunters? It will take tags away.As more people means draws etc... I dont see your logic on this.As for B.C. They have a very flawed system in place for all hunting/draws IMO... Albertas is better and we dont need any change in this topic.
Is it better ? I can`t see how ! i go to the store and buy a tag. I can kill it with what ever is weapon i choose. I don`t need and achery tag , ML tag .or spear tag.....The flaw in our system is that we have draws at all.

I am starting to get it now ! its not weather crossbows are archery or not. its greed .
Old 06-25-2010, 07:12 AM
Banned

it will rapidly appear that the initial term used to describe some people here will apply mostly to the OP

zonker you whizbang, just had to post to keep things fun around here eh? lol, great entertainment...now be a good little doobie and go read the main crossbow thread before you say another word....capiche
Old 06-25-2010, 07:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IR_mike View Post

wow, the restraint....thats sum funny shizzo right there! nice one
Old 06-25-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
After reading this tripe I have made a decision. There will be no bow hunting allowed on my property in the future. The elitist attitude of so many of you bowhunters on here has pushed me over the edge.

Thank you for calling me a retard, you are correct, granting permission to everyone who asks is retarded.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 06-25-2010, 08:52 AM

for the love of all things sacred and holy......make it stop....
Old 06-25-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Crossbow season is shared with the General Season & in some areas Primitive Weapons Season. Personally I hope it will stay that way, for many reasons I have already outlined.

And BTW, this board is right full anti-bowhunters so please don't fan the flames.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
After reading this tripe I have made a decision. There will be no bow hunting allowed on my property in the future. The elitist attitude of so many of you bowhunters on here has pushed me over the edge.

Thank you for calling me a retard, you are correct, granting permission to everyone who asks is retarded.
X2 NO MORE BOWHUNTERS on our land anymore and when they ask why i will tell them to contact mister crapmouth on the ao fourm and go hunt with him as he has tons of land that that is bow only. and you will not have to worry about us retards!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 10:15 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post

You and the other land owner that posted up on here are hillarious sounds like u guys are kids in grade 8 but the funniest part is im sure neither of you earned your land and was probably handed down in the past but that is aside the point i just think its funny if a few post on a website could sway an honest desicion made amongst you and some very honest solid reliable bunch that have had access to your properties in the past. As far as the x-guns we all know that they are weapon for those that are archery impaired thats why we allow access to the sport for HANDICAPPED people so all the ones lobbying for this must be a bunch of handicaps. As far as the primitive weapons seasons go i think they would be a great idea in december we could have 2 weeks of "PRIMITIVE"(open site flintlock muzzleloaders shooting balls not sabots and recurve and longbow access only)this would give only the most dedicated hardcore hunters the right and privledge to some extra time in the field this just my .02 cents
Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 AM

Thumbs up

But the bottom line and the honest to god truth is that anyone who is lobbying to interfere with our allready set in stone archery seasons are those that are JEALOUS of us true hunters who work sooo hard to get it done year after year and know that they will never be able to adapt the skills needed to be successfull with archery tackle and these are the same people who think hunting with an inline muzzloader is actually a primative weapon (get your head out your...)because shooting over 100 yards aint very primative so all you haters keep on hating it helps drive us true HUNTERS...
Old 06-25-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Alberta View Post
But the bottom line and the honest to god truth is that anyone who is lobbying to interfere with our allready set in stone archery seasons are those that are JEALOUS of us true hunters who work sooo hard to get it done year after year and know that they will never be able to adapt the skills needed to be successfull with archery tackle and these are the same people who think hunting with an inline muzzloader is actually a primative weapon (get your head out your...)because shooting over 100 yards aint very primative so all you haters keep on hating it helps drive us true HUNTERS...
Whatever super hunter. Bottom line NO BOWHUNTERS!!. Well time to head home for weekend and have a good chat with a couple of neighbours.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE View Post
Whatever super hunter. Bottom line NO BOWHUNTERS!!. Well time to head home for weekend and have a good chat with a couple of neighbours.
We are pretty super eh?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 PM

Been a member here for years. Don't know anyone what hates bowhunters. Think its the bowhunters afraid of the crossbow hunters when and if the law changes, yup I can only access greed.

I am not a bowhunter nor a crossbow hunter but I am all for a crossbow season to coincide with the bow season.

If and when they do change the law ya think I am going to run out and buy a crossbow............don't think so.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com