Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-22-2021, 07:50 AM

Default Lithium batteries

Just curious on where some of you might be picking up lithium batteries. I only have one so far of the typical size that - 7ah - for fish finders, flashers, etc. Looking to an 18 ah and even larger size for other applications. I did order an 18 ah from Amazon.ca. All seemed good until it was cancelled and refunded yesterday. I haven't tried local shops like Fishin Hole yet but glad to get off my butt and do that. Just looking for other options...they may actually have lithium...in these crazy "but em all up" Covid times. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:05 AM

ablithium.ca seems to have some good prices. I wanted to order a 12V 100ah battery from them, but didn't want to wait until May to get it. I wound up getting a Valiant at Battery World. Time will tell how it performs. The specs are almost the same. I'm a big believer that all the brands are essentially the same quality wise. I was told the "good" ones have many more duty cycles in them. But even the "bad" ones should last years, so why spend triple ?
Old 04-22-2021, 08:09 AM

Battery World
Old 04-22-2021, 08:25 AM

I bought 2 Enerwatt 110 ah batteries for my trolling motor this winter at I&M Electric online and I believe Solacity now has them as well. I hope they perform well, they will certainly be easier on the back and arms to install than the heavy lead acids I have been using.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:38 AM

I was at Cabela's south last week and they had the Dakota Lithium 7ah, 10ah, 18ah and 23ah in stock. They were in that glass cabinet at the end of the fishing reel display.

I have a 10ah and a 23 ah for my fish finder and am happy with them. The 10ah will run my helix 5 for 26 hrs straight. They sure are spendy though.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:56 AM

Could try Prairie Grass Outdoors out of Strathmore. I picked up a 18ah AMPED lithium for my helix 7 for ice fishing. Actually makes it usable, will get like 24 hours out of it.
Old 04-22-2021, 12:56 PM

Got a 24v80ah for a terrova and a 12v40ah for livescope, ordered off amazon end of march, just arrived from wuhan, just waiting for open water to test em out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2021, 02:54 PM

Nice replies all! That gives me some great options. Now to get off my butt and make it happen. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2021, 03:19 PM

if someone in Calgary has a capacity tester, it would be interesting to see what these things actually put out
Old 04-22-2021, 08:07 PM

I just received my 50ah Lithium today, from Canbat.com. Only 2 days from phone order to delivery to my door! It'll run my MinnKota TRAXXIS 40, pushing around a 10', plastic Bass Raider. I also pre-purchased an 18 ah Lithium from them, to run my fish-finder, and act as an emergency back-up - if the 50 ah runs out of juice on the way back to the launch. The 18 ah should come in early June. I wasn't confident that my existing charger would work too well with the lithiums, so I also picked up a NOCO 10 charger at Canadian Tire. It's got a specific mode setting for lithiums.
I found Canbat very good to deal with. I have poor hearing, so I appreciate using their on-line 'chat' option, to deal with a knowledgable person. Prices were better than the famous Dakota brand, but more that the 'recycled' lithium retailers.
It's expensive - switching over to Lithiums, but I'm tired of lugging around the weight of old lead-acid, and their limited run time to keep from discharging them too far.
Old 04-23-2021, 06:36 AM

I have a 4 bank charger bolted into my boat that I use for the 4 wet cell batteries. Can that charger be used for the lithium batteries?
Old 06-22-2021, 01:31 PM

Picked up a 180watt capacity tester off ali express for $40, was curious to see how the amazon lithium 40ah turned out, pulled 38.4 ah before bms kicked out, seems decent, 96%, dont have anything to compare too

Will also use this to draw them down for storage during off season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-2021, 06:09 PM

Call Vancouver battery.ca they might have what you need.