Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-25-2014, 05:49 PM

Default My wife is transforming

So my wife has never been into hunting, she loves target shooting but not animals. She has only ever tried mountain sheep and is afraid all wild game tastes like that ( she was not the biggest fan of the sheep)

I have been slowly working to get her to agree to hunting or be at peace about it for her self. Well today she comes home and says to me that she saw a giant doe in the ditch that got hit by a car. I was expecting a "awe poor animal how sad" instead she says the first thing that came to her mind was "what a waste" hahaha One step closer!
Old 10-25-2014, 08:05 PM

Are you close by?? Grab her by the wrist and go knock the guts out of it..
Old 10-25-2014, 08:28 PM

That's awesome. My wife has had nothing to do with my hunting, but she came home oneday and announced she wanted to start hunting! We got her a cow elk tag, and she's a great shot after practicing this summer. Can't wait to get her out for a late season cow elk!
Old 10-25-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskwhitey View Post
That's awesome. My wife has had nothing to do with my hunting, but she came home oneday and announced she wanted to start hunting! We got her a cow elk tag, and she's a great shot after practicing this summer. Can't wait to get her out for a late season cow elk!
I been trying to get mine to do the same. But we waited to long on getting an undersubscribed tag.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Banned

My wife loves fishing but I can't convert her to hunting.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:42 PM

I just preach the quality time we'd get if she takes it up. I think it's working
Old 10-26-2014, 12:56 AM

Heh, I have the opposite problem, I'm trying to convince my boyfriend to hunt with me. At least he fishes with me, it's a start!
Old 10-26-2014, 10:19 AM

Thumbs up

After I went moose hunting for 2 weeks some years ago my wife said that is not happening again...I don't like been away from you that long. I told her then fine you can come along and be the camp cook and dish washer or you can take up hunting and actively take part. Next thing I know she had taken her Firearms Course and then her Hunter Training that she took on line was completed.
She doesn't stay home much anymore and I must admit I enjoy teaching her, and her company hunting.

Jim
Old 10-26-2014, 10:29 AM

Took the wife out scouting last weekend. We discussed the finer points of hunting like good sign, beds, tracks, habits. She hasn't stopped talking about the good we had. She realized it's not about the king but rather the case.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:24 PM

I wish I could get my gf to hunt. She wants to accompany me this year but that's it. Hopefully it's a start....
Old 10-26-2014, 01:30 PM

When I met my wife (Rkymtngal) she was very supportive of my hunting addiction. I knew I had found a good woman so I married her as fast as possible. Now we compete for wall space for our mounts. Lol. Just got back Saturday from a week long horseback hunt for sheep where she took real beautiful ram. Consider myself very lucky. She'll be posting a story about the hunt here shortly.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:31 PM

I make sure that when I take mine she gets real cold, then she won't come out anymore. On another note there's always a hot meal waiting for me when I go back to the farm for lunch.