Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 03-29-2020, 09:57 AM

Default Canada Goose

Just reading some of the guesses on Hunter Dave's thread about the auction forecast.
I was following earlier where people were concerned about Canada Goose and the coyote market, all being based out of China, with the epicenter of the Covid virus.
Canada Goose has apparently switched over a lot of their manufacturing to face masks and other medical supplies to help fight the virus. It's helped a bit with their plummeting share prices, but doesn't show as optimistic for the fur market.
Old 03-29-2020, 11:36 AM
Banned

Canada Goose is based out of Toronto where they manufacture everything.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:31 PM

Default Goose

I thought their biggest market was China. That's why I have been watching their shares to see how the recovery is reflected; or not!
Still doesn't change the fact that their capacity/volume of fur used will be reduced if the manufacturing has been re-tooled for medical supplies.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgutpile View Post
I thought their biggest market was China. That's why I have been watching their shares to see how the recovery is reflected; or not!
Still doesn't change the fact that their capacity/volume of fur used will be reduced if the manufacturing has been re-tooled for medical supplies.
All of their stores are listed on their website. They have 3 stores in China that opened last year and stores in Europe (ie. Italy). Pretty much everywhere has been hit with COVID so CG will be effected worldwide anyway. Who knows what things will be like next winter though.

When I heard that CG was getting into the medical gown, etc business I thought of it as a positive for investors. There’s no problem selling that stuff right now and they have suddenly diversified and are tapping into the market.......smart.

I’m not an investor right now.