Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-28-2007, 07:09 PM
splitbrow

Default NSR Fishing - Where to go....

Hey guys, normally I spend my summers between University playing in the mountains but I landed a great job in Edmonton for this summer.

I love river fishing and have lived in Edmonton for the past 4 winters. Anyone have any good advice for places to start fishing the NSR in the spring/summer?

If anyone is interested I would love to team this spring/summer and spend some time getting to know the river.

Thanks...

Split...
Old 02-28-2007, 08:42 PM
jrs

I know theres good amounts of goldeye, pike, and a few burbot along that rip-rap by that boat/ferry operation. Its pretty deep as well. I'd imagine anglings allowed, correct me if theres some special downtown Edmonton clause. Thats the only section i'm really familiar with.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Ryanlookingforperch

you used to be able to pick up a nsr fishing map at the fishin hole. not sure if it is still available.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:46 AM
bigbore

downstream SplitBrow, Downstream Fort Sask areas can give a guy fishing overload syndrome
Old 03-01-2007, 11:25 PM
gonefishin

The Fort Sask area is awesome... but the fellow that own the land across the Sturgeon used to give me and my buddies crap about fishing that area... he tried to tell us he owned that part of the river (we didn't pay him much attention). There's also good fishing downtown behind Telus Field, but it's hard to find parking.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:44 PM
whitetrail

there is a good spot just north of legends golf course.