Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-09-2017, 02:43 PM

Default ACA Stocking report

Been checking out the ACA stocking report. It says ponds like Hermitage ,Ft. Sask and others around Edmonton and area are not going to be stocked till possibly June if at all. Others are getting cut way back on totals put in etc. Apparently its due to shortages of up to 60% due to Whirling disease etc.

I dont know how to paste to here but google ACA stocking reports and read for yourselves.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
Been checking out the ACA stocking report. It says ponds like Hermitage ,Ft. Sask and others around Edmonton and area are not going to be stocked till possibly June if at all. Others are getting cut way back on totals put in etc. Apparently its due to shortages of up to 60% due to Whirling disease etc.

I dont know how to paste to here but google ACA stocking reports and read for yourselves.
http://www.ab-conservation.com/progr...stocked-lakes/
Old 05-09-2017, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishingEDM View Post
I only saw one that said June and it also says that all except 11 will be getting fi just at a reduced number until testing is done. Looks like a large majority will be getting fish soon. I even see one or more that says not stocked yet that I know has been stocked.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:19 PM

There are only 2/6 hatcheries in AB that aren't contaminated/quarantined for whirling disease right now. (This info is from Smoky Trout Farm who are one of the two that are open)

Has a major impact on the # of available trout this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2017, 09:31 PM
Banned

Thanks to OP and poster that linked up this report for us. It really is a bad situation for lakes and ponds in AB. First the aerators all get shut down, and now this. I can see why Hermitage is on the chopping block, as every 50 yrs or so the NSR might flood enough to reach the pond.
Just the tip of the iceberg as far as overall fishing in AB.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Thanks to OP and poster that linked up this report for us. It really is a bad situation for lakes and ponds in AB. First the aerators all get shut down, and now this. I can see why Hermitage is on the chopping block, as every 50 yrs or so the NSR might flood enough to reach the pond.
Just the tip of the iceberg as far as overall fishing in AB.
One would think that instead of needing to assess the lakes that have potential to spill over or drain into a creek, like Legal pond, they would ensure they are not stocking diseased fish.