Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-05-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
you sooooo smart buddy.....you got a NACK for BEST solutions....lol.....buying a bonker today, get ready for pics of my fish that makes Bin Laden's pics look like little boo boo
LMFAO you're good at photoshop too huh?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
lol...braun you should know better....you can call me a idiot....i dont care. Im happy that your better/best than me and can say that....
Oh i know. I just find it amusing that people can say those things. it just shows that they dont know what they are talking about because they dont even know who the forum member is that they are saying things to. that glenmore thread was a perfect example of that..... I especially get a kick out of it when it happens outstanding members like you, tosh, npauls, mustang, dace, tackle runner..... to be honest it makes the day go by faster.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee9 View Post
The next time I get out fishing, I would still like to post pictures. Unfortunately, I just found out my fishing bud can't make it. So I guess I'll just head out myself.

Could someone tell me how to hold a camera in one hand, the fish in the other hand and still be able to focus the camera on the fish without the fish slipping out of the other hand? I find that pictures in the water do not represent the scale or size of the fish at all and are basically useless. If anyone doesn't believe me, I will email a pic and they can try to tell me the size.
ask donnie to tag along, maybe marie will come too..... maybe they can hold your camera

Last edited by Braun; 05-05-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitfisher83 View Post
I cant say im the BEST....lol
Old 05-05-2011, 11:11 AM

A 13" bow is just slang for a small brown no less than 12" and no greater than 14" but caught using spinning gear and released in fresh water classified as a river in either PP1, PP2 or ES1 areas of Alberta during the months of April, May, October and November on non leap years and is caught on a weekday either during a new moon or within 1 day of a new moon on either side.

I knew exactly what she was talking about. She described it in the BEST way possible.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:12 AM

Looks like a pickerel to me!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:12 AM

I think everyone wants the best for the fish. I also believe that the majority do what they feel is best to accomplish that.

If anyone is so worried about what other people are doing, I have 2 suggestions:

1) Do some volunteer work with fish and wildlife.

2) Realize that you can't control what other people do, you can only change what you do.

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:

although im not the BEST, i must say this is some of my BEST work
its a limited print and may or may not increase in value

Old 05-05-2011, 11:29 AM

Thumbs up

Congrats on a nice fish.....

And.... I.B.T.L.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Banned

chubbs......... I am speechless..... you have way too much time on your hands. you need a hobby........ and not painting........
Old 05-05-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
chubbs......... I am speechless..... you have way too much time on your hands. you need a hobby........ and not painting........
you think the water is too blue for the Bow?
Old 05-05-2011, 12:20 PM

LMFAO Chubb is no picasso.....that trout looks like it's been mangled a bit....
Old 05-05-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
LMFAO Chubb is no picasso.....that trout looks like it's been mangled a bit....
Thats because you bashed it on the grass and then drove your lawnmover over it....remember?

Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 PM

You forgot the beer cans that lazy jerks leave along the banks.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:55 PM

I appreciate the modern art...but why did you but baitfisher83 on the bottom left of the picture...it looks like she is underwater...
Old 05-05-2011, 01:45 PM

Chubby, relax....

I tried to be respectful in my reply and was not trying to preach. However, the best for the fish is to keep it in the water. You know that, I know that, let's not kid ourselves here. If you are going to take a picture, hold it up out of the water momentarily (like in my avatar) and then put it back in as quickly as possible. Again, you know this Chubb.

The goal is to have the least impact on the fish, so I guess Chubber, if in the situation, the best solution to impact the fish the least was to put it on the bank on the schnarb (I really just like using that word) then fine, I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume that was the case.

However, if people are going to practice C&R fishing (which I fully support) then they also need to be educated on how to best handle the fish so it has the best chance of survival. My intent was only to help educate, not to attack.

Cheers.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtoad View Post
Chubby, relax....

I tried to be respectful in my reply and was not trying to preach. However, the best for the fish is to keep it in the water. You know that, I know that, let's not kid ourselves here. If you are going to take a picture, hold it up out of the water momentarily (like in my avatar) and then put it back in as quickly as possible. Again, you know this Chubb.

The goal is to have the least impact on the fish, so I guess Chubber, if in the situation, the best solution to impact the fish the least was to put it on the bank on the schnarb (I really just like using that word) then fine, I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume that was the case.

However, if people are going to practice C&R fishing (which I fully support) then they also need to be educated on how to best handle the fish so it has the best chance of survival. My intent was only to help educate, not to attack.

Cheers.
alls good BT.....i just wanted everyone to know the situation pertaining to the spot she was in...
and i miss scrapping with you...lol
p.s. you want to order 1 of my paintings?

hope you have a great fishing season
Old 05-05-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
A 13" bow is just slang for a small brown no less than 12" and no greater than 14" but caught using spinning gear and released in fresh water classified as a river in either PP1, PP2 or ES1 areas of Alberta during the months of April, May, October and November on non leap years and is caught on a weekday either during a new moon or within 1 day of a new moon on either side.

I knew exactly what she was talking about. She described it in the BEST way possible.
I wish I could edit my first post and put this in....too funny....lol
Old 05-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
alls good BT.....i just wanted everyone to know the situation pertaining to the spot she was in...
and i miss scrapping with you...lol
p.s. you want to order 1 of my paintings?

hope you have a great fishing season
Two of my favorite spots on the Bow are seriously dangerous waters and I typically only go to them with another person, and even then, it's still sketchy at best to release the fish as carefully as possible.

pretty fish, gorgeous colours.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post
Two of my favorite spots on the Bow are seriously dangerous waters and I typically only go to them with another person, and even then, it's still sketchy at best to release the fish as carefully as possible.

thanks Gus i painted it myself....no help
Old 05-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
thanks Gus i painted it myself....no help
Watercolour I'm guessing with a #2 Sable?
Old 05-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavMahler View Post

have we fished any of those spots? that one spot I showed you definitely isnt the safest. one could break their neck getting down there let alone dangers of fighting the fish in that section of quick high water. When I took you there it was rather low. Imagine the water being another 1.5feet higher. thats when I discovered that spot
Old 05-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
have we fished any of those spots? that one spot I showed you definitely isnt the safest. one could break their neck getting down there let alone dangers of fighting the fish in that section of quick high water. When I took you there it was rather low. Imagine the water being another 1.5feet higher. thats when I discovered that spot
That area and a bit further downsteam,, my fear is plopping the water and getting my leg stuck between two erosion boulders and snapping my shin like a pencil, then drowning, or getting swept away into a tangle of shopping carts or discarded barbed wire and old rusty hooks.

but nice fish, nice colours BAITFISHER.

Chub, fingerpainting is fun too.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:21 PM

If anyone wants me to show them the scene of the crime I'd be glad to..lol
Old 05-05-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
If anyone wants me to show them the scene of the crime I'd be glad to..lol
The Fence!!!!................911 im stuck and cant get out
Old 05-05-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
The Fence!!!!................911 im stuck and cant get out
lol you're so gonna get a slap....
Old 05-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Chubby, relax....

Cheers.
Welllllll to tell you the truth the best thing for the fish is not to fish for it at all.I'm pretty sure that big hook you ram through its mouth is as harmfull if not more to the fish then Baitfisher laying it on the ground to take a pic.Hmmmm maybe think about that ..................
Old 05-05-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
Welllllll to tell you the truth the best thing for the fish is not to fish for it at all.I'm pretty sure that big hook you ram through its mouth is as harmfull if not more to the fish then Baitfisher laying it on the ground to take a pic.Hmmmm maybe think about that ..................
Nope, not true. They enjoy the workout I give them. Cheaper than a gym membership.

And if they didn't want to be caught, then they should have kept their big fat yaps shut!

Cheers.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nope, not true. They enjoy the workout I give them. Cheaper than a gym membership.

And if they didn't want to be caught, then they should have kept their big fat yaps shut!

Cheers.
Well Baitfisher83 was just helping them do pushups.........

But becareful if you work them out to much, they are going to pull you right in the frigin water......

Cheers
Old 05-05-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
Well Baitfisher83 was just helping them do pushups.........

But becareful if you work them out to much, they are going to pull you right in the frigin water......

Cheers
If a 13 inch trout pulls me in the water, I quit..lol