Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-19-2017, 11:37 PM

Default Jug bay outfitters on Lake Athabasca

My fishing partner and I just booked a 4 day fishing trip for the last week of August with Jugbay outfitters on Lake Athabasca!!! Have any of you out there had any experience with them? I realize that it's a little late now for research as we've already paid or deposit! Tia!
Old 04-20-2017, 09:11 PM

Smile Jug bay

Hey buddy, if there's anything you would like to know about the camp or the fishing you can contact the lead guide at 780-792-6761. I'm sure he'll tell you everything your going to be looking forward to at the end of august. The fishing, food, and cabins are amazing. It truely is a trip of a life time!
Old 04-21-2017, 11:02 AM

Make sure the boys take you guys to Macintosh Bay. Biggest pike in the lake there. It's a long run but worth it !!!!!
Old 04-21-2017, 10:58 PM

Default Jugbay

Jug bay fishing is AMAZING!!! We were up there a few years ago and there's no shortage of huge fish aka "HOGS" we were catching 40lbers ! The guides and staff were absolutely fantastic , accommodations were perfect and food was fabulous ! Not to mention the shore lunches !! You won't be disappointed fishing up there !!
Old 04-22-2017, 05:47 PM

How much to fish jug for 4 days ?
Old 04-22-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety d View Post
how much to fish jug for 4 days ?
$2800, that's " All in", you just bring your boots and clothing?! They supply rods, tackle and everything else ( which I'm struggling with, fishing with some else's equipment is like dating a buddy's sister)😂. They did recommend bringing a fly rod for grayling!
Old 07-27-2018, 06:21 AM
Banned

Default This is the type of outfitter they are....

https://globalnews.ca/news/4356186/s...r-bootlegging/

Hope they lose their business.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCFisherman View Post
They were charged not convicted.

It would be nice to hear from people who have used them and have first hand experience with the managements use of alcohol. Is this a case of them selling booze to guests without a license or were they running down the lake selling full bottles to anyone? The RCMP are going to go for the most serious charges they can and see what kind of deal they need to make to get something to stick. I would personally hope that the punishment fits the crime if they are convicted. They could also be the best outfitter in the province with one lapse of judgement by one person in management too....
Old 07-27-2018, 07:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
They were charged not convicted.

It would be nice to hear from people who have used them and have first hand experience with the managements use of alcohol. Is this a case of them selling booze to guests without a license or were they running down the lake selling full bottles to anyone? The RCMP are going to go for the most serious charges they can and see what kind of deal they need to make to get something to stick. I would personally hope that the punishment fits the crime if they are convicted. They could also be the best outfitter in the province with one lapse of judgement by one person in management too....
They will be convicted. I’m here right now. Talk to the locals...
Old 07-27-2018, 08:22 AM

I had a friend go up last year , him and his friend had a very good experience at the jug bay fish camp similar to what the 2nd, 3rd,4th people had to say.
I and my father in law and brother in law went up late last month
Was a total different experience, nothing like my friend had experienced
All different guides from year before, drinking every night , sleeping in , cooks sleeping in, very disorganized, half of dock is missing from looking at brochure,
Camp was nice place, poor up keep on boats,
One day out of 3 had decent fishing ,
First day did not leave camp till 10:30 am because they did not switch out the boat with a faulty motor that would not run , they were supposed to switch it out that night but did not- they stayed up drinking instead,
Second day cook slept in still had , but still made it out on water from 8am till about 5 or six that night , good day fishing
Last day was total waste of our time, fished maybe 1 hr time out of possible 8 possible hrs,
Spent aprox 4 hrs sitting at guides friend house , while he tries to get gas for boats and what ever else he was waisting our time
Not professionally run anymore as it seemed to be before according to my friend .
Old 07-27-2018, 08:24 AM

What did they actually do though?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt45 View Post
I had a friend go up last year , him and his friend had a very good experience at the jug bay fish camp similar to what the 2nd, 3rd,4th people had to say.
I and my father in law and brother in law went up late last month
Was a total different experience, nothing like my friend had experienced
All different guides from year before, drinking every night , sleeping in , cooks sleeping in, very disorganized, half of dock is missing from looking at brochure,
Camp was nice place, poor up keep on boats,
One day out of 3 had decent fishing ,
First day did not leave camp till 10:30 am because they did not switch out the boat with a faulty motor that would not run , they were supposed to switch it out that night but did not- they stayed up drinking instead,
Second day cook slept in still had , but still made it out on water from 8am till about 5 or six that night , good day fishing
Last day was total waste of our time, fished maybe 1 hr time out of possible 8 possible hrs,
Spent aprox 4 hrs sitting at guides friend house , while he tries to get gas for boats and what ever else he was waisting our time
Not professionally run anymore as it seemed to be before according to my friend .
That's too bad. Did you get some of your money back atleast?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2018, 08:46 AM

No never tried, maybe should have
Old 07-27-2018, 09:07 AM

Default Jugbay?!

Holy crap!!! I guess we got lucky with our trip, fishing was good everyday that we were there! I admit that there was some celebrating going on but our guide and cook were up at the crack of dawn everyday! I guess “ that’s the end of that”!!
Old 07-27-2018, 09:14 AM

Never fished with Jug, that last story sounds awful. I would have given that guide an earful if he had been wasting my time like that. That's the type of ***** that is supposed to be taken care of on company time not on customers time. You pay a premium to fly up there and get a great fishing experience, not watch your guide get fuel and fart around all day.

I have stayed at Indian Head a couple of times and it is a great place. A gay couple actually runs the place, Bobby & Steve but they are honestly great guys and do a good job running that place. The guides at Indian Head are first-class and know their stuff. Compared to other lodges i've flown into, these guys run things with a ton of class and treat you with the courtesy you deserve when you are paying a pretty penny to be up there.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonedocks View Post
Holy crap!!! I guess we got lucky with our trip, fishing was good everyday that we were there! I admit that there was some celebrating going on but our guide and cook were up at the crack of dawn everyday! I guess “ that’s the end of that”!!
Please share some pictures if you can.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2018, 01:24 PM

Tough crowd on here. Sure glad I don't own an outfitting or guiding gig since this anti social media thing got so big. Like the old boys say you can't please everyone. I can't think of one outfit that's been mentioned without a barrage of negative comments. Look at the fortress lake thread and how it ended with the actual owner chiming in to douse the flames. Guess you should all just keep your day jobs and quit dreaming of being the perfect host at a lodge.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:24 PM

Default Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerhunter View Post
Please share some pictures if you can.

Thanks
Sorry, no can do, I’m technologically challenged when it comes to posting pictures on this site!
Old 07-27-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
Tough crowd on here. Sure glad I don't own an outfitting or guiding gig since this anti social media thing got so big. Like the old boys say you can't please everyone. I can't think of one outfit that's been mentioned without a barrage of negative comments. Look at the fortress lake thread and how it ended with the actual owner chiming in to douse the flames. Guess you should all just keep your day jobs and quit dreaming of being the perfect host at a lodge.
X2 most want a deal or preferably a free trip. Then have no problem slagging the industry.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrance Fishburn View Post
Never fished with Jug, that last story sounds awful. I would have given that guide an earful if he had been wasting my time like that. That's the type of ***** that is supposed to be taken care of on company time not on customers time. You pay a premium to fly up there and get a great fishing experience, not watch your guide get fuel and fart around all day.

I have stayed at Indian Head a couple of times and it is a great place. A gay couple actually runs the place, Bobby & Steve but they are honestly great guys and do a good job running that place. The guides at Indian Head are first-class and know their stuff. Compared to other lodges i've flown into, these guys run things with a ton of class and treat you with the courtesy you deserve when you are paying a pretty penny to be up there.
Indian Head is boarded up this year. Not running at all.. surprised Jug Bay hasn’t robbed everything from them yet. Crooked operation!

And Pikeman what kind of BS comment is that! Go to your hole bud!
Old 07-28-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCCFisherman View Post
Indian Head is boarded up this year. Not running at all.. surprised Jug Bay hasn’t robbed everything from them yet. Crooked operation!

And Pikeman what kind of BS comment is that! Go to your hole bud!
It's unfortunate Indian Head isn't able to open this year, I was supposed to fish with them in September. I considered booking with Jug Bay, but I'm glad I didn't.

Sounds like a tough industry to be successful in it, but some do very well. It seems like Lakers Unlimited has become the most established and successful lodge on the lake.
Old 07-28-2018, 09:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishpro View Post
It seems like Lakers Unlimited has become the most established and successful lodge on the lake.
Just where we were. Awesome trip as usual!
Old 07-28-2018, 12:47 PM

I heard Lakers unlimited was the worst outfitter in the north.! I guess it's just one man's opinion eh?
Old 07-29-2018, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
I heard Lakers unlimited was the worst outfitter in the north.! I guess it's just one man's opinion eh?
Well they don’t make the news do they? Ur so special pikeman06
Old 07-30-2018, 08:37 AM

Indian Head boarded up? Dang, thats a shame. I've stayed there twice and really enjoyed it each trip. I know its pricey and for most people probably hard to justify when a trip to mexico for a week costs half as much as a 4 day fishing trip but I still hate to hear that. Such a good location on the lake. Man I can't wait to win the lottery....I have so many fishing related plans...Gonna buy about 4 lodges by my count, few boats, some other stuff...Maybe a helicopter.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:48 PM

Hey LCC fisherman there's a thing called defamation you should Google up. Running a legitimate buisness in the ground on an open forum isn't the smartest thing. Especially a f.n issue and before your accusations have passed before a court of law...I'm done with this. Just saw a thread going the wrong way. What if it was your buisness and some bugger trying to pull the dishes off your table? Keep your negative crap to yourself.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hey LCC fisherman there's a thing called defamation you should Google up. Running a legitimate buisness in the ground on an open forum isn't the smartest thing. Especially a f.n issue and before your accusations have passed before a court of law...I'm done with this. Just saw a thread going the wrong way. What if it was your buisness and some bugger trying to pull the dishes off your table? Keep your negative crap to yourself.
I shared a news article. Pound sand bud.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
All that was done was share a recent news article, he didn't slander them in any way. you must have stakes in this lodge?