Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 01-15-2014, 09:49 PM

Sorry found the rules.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:15 PM

Just signed up, don't know anyone else thats going and never been to any sort of archery competition before....should be fun!!

Schian
Old 01-17-2014, 01:01 PM

Default Update On The Oilman's.

Just a quick update for everyone. Here are the numbers so far.
- 100 Registered so far.
- MBR: 43
- MBO: 20
- FBO: 2
- FBR: 11
- SM: 4
- SL: 3
- Trad:3
- Youth,Mixed: 14

Taking 50 more registrations till we cap it at 150. If you know someone interested in going let them know as we just registered a 100 in less than a week.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:07 PM

I am in, should be great. I usually am in a walleye tourney , but going to do more 3D this year. I heard this shoot is awesome!
Old 01-18-2014, 12:36 PM

Default Oilman's

Tyler Pletz of High Point Taxidermy has just donated a full shoulder mount, Value of 750$. It does not expire for 2 years as well. Some lucky archer is going to be super happy. Thank you Tyler
Old 01-18-2014, 03:17 PM

Sounds like a great time. So here's a free bump.
I'd like to attend having never been to a 3D shoot before but I checked my work schedule and I'm working that weekend.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 01-19-2014, 12:14 PM

You can count Hot Paws and myself in Bit Runner. Maybe we can find some of our arrows we misplaced last year! LOL.
Goin to register now.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods Runner View Post
You can count Hot Paws and myself in Bit Runner. Maybe we can find some of our arrows we misplaced last year! LOL.
Goin to register now.
Will see you there man! I hope you don't shoot a bow like you shoot a rifle or I might just have to pay you upfront

LC
Old 01-19-2014, 01:23 PM

Default Oilman's.

Quote:
Goin to register now.
Hot Paws was the 110 registration and won 50$ keg card. Also Eugene and every one else who is thinking of staying in a room at Rimbey. I am working with Super 8 and Best Western right now but will have 20 rooms at each hotel locked up for the shoot. Trying to get a better rate right now. The super 8 right now is 20$ cheaper per night. They come with water slides, hot tub, breakfast ect, Both hotels do. Also its 13 miles from the Shoot from hotels.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:36 PM

I might just have to bring the iron wolf Lefty. Make it interesting!

Thanks Shane. We wouldn't miss it. I have to monitor this discussion more often. Forgot all about it.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:35 PM

Talking Senior men's

What is the age for senior category ?
Old 01-20-2014, 07:06 PM

Default Oilmans

The age class is 50, The class is M50
Old 01-21-2014, 10:10 AM

What do you guys give away for prizes for 1, 2, 3? looking for ideas for a shoot that I wanna do out here. Usually it's just medals but was thinking of doing something else or extra.
I may just have to see about making the trip out there for the shoot, sounds like fun!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:38 PM

Default oILMAN'S.

Booner you should come, Its a blast!!!! As far as prizes it changes from year to year. This year our sponsors have been Crazy generous so the prizes are even better than last year which I thought would never happen. It depends on the class, number of archers in the class ect. For example, This years Men's price is a 1600$ Pro Edge Elite bow. Youths first place price is a 250$ U.A Jacket. What we do is give away prizes for each class, Then with all the left over prizes and there is a bunch we sell raffle tickets for them to try raise money for our Charity. This year there will be a raffle for a 2014 Carbon Hoyt Spyder, A complete Sitka Gear Package and A full shoulder mount value 750$, Early Bird prize package worth 300$. A closest to the 11 ring on a target at a un known distance at the end thinking 250-500 value. The prizes are mostly around hunting and Archery gear but there are things like Leather Coats, Golfing equipment, Bradley Smoker, Rinehart Targets. There is a huge amount of other stuff as well, like a 400$ pair sun glasses tons of Primos stuff, Ground blinds, calls ect as well as lots of Nock On Gear and Under Armor gear. Sure-Loc sights, lone wolf tree stand with lone wolf tree steps. 1000$ worth of browning knives and browning gear. The list goes on and on and on. The only bad thing about this shoot is I cant win nothing But at the end of the day the big winners here are all the family's that will benefit from the money raised from this shoot.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:40 PM

Default Oilman's.

Booner you should come, Its a blast!!!! As far as prizes it changes from year to year. This year our sponsors have been Crazy generous so the prizes are even better than last year which I thought would never happen. It depends on the class, number of archers in the class ect. For example, This years Men's price is a 1600$ Pro Edge Elite bow. Youths first place price is a 250$ U.A Jacket. What we do is give away prizes for each class, Then with all the left over prizes and there is a bunch we sell raffle tickets for them to try raise money for our Charity. This year there will be a raffle for a 2014 Carbon Hoyt Spyder, A complete Sitka Gear Package and A full shoulder mount value 750$, Early Bird prize package worth 300$. A closest to the 11 ring on a target at a un known distance at the end thinking 250-500 value. The prizes are mostly around hunting and Archery gear but there are things like Leather Coats, Golfing equipment, Bradley Smoker, Rinehart Targets. There is a huge amount of other stuff as well, like a 400$ pair sun glasses tons of Primos stuff, Ground blinds, calls ect as well as lots of Nock On Gear and Under Armor gear. Sure-Loc sights, lone wolf tree stand with lone wolf tree steps. 1000$ worth of browning knives and browning gear. The list goes on and on and on. The only bad thing about this shoot is I cant win nothing But at the end of the day the big winners here are all the family's that will benefit from the money raised from this shoot.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:00 PM

Default Senior guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bit Runner. View Post
The age class is 50, The class is M50
Thanks bit runner, I registered as MBR, looks like I should have registered for M50, I am so looking forward to this shoot, it will be my first 3 D shoot.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:23 AM

Default Oilman's

Update, 130 registered now, 20 to go, If your interested in coming there still is 20 spots left but filling up fast
Old 01-23-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Update, 130 registered now, 20 to go, If your interested in coming there still is 20 spots left but filling up fast
This shoot is filling up super fast! Looking forward to it.

LC
Old 01-23-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
I might just have to bring the iron wolf Lefty. Make it interesting!

Thanks Shane. We wouldn't miss it. I have to monitor this discussion more often. Forgot all about it.
Ah the wolf! Taking a shot at that with my 308 at the Rodeo and hearing Bob say "hit to the vitals" was an awesome feeling. Missing the second shot, not so awesome. I'd love another crack at that bad boy with the bow at say 45 yards.

Just registered me and my 12 year old son, we'll be camping at Shane's not too sure if we' pull the trailer or just the tent. Hopefully well be teamed up with some people not looking to be very serious but have a lot of fun.

Really looking forward to meeting up with some AO'ers that I have had the pleasure to meet before and some new ones of course. Although if Lefty is going to be at the rifle rodeo
again this year too... Not sure I can handle that much metro-male in one year
Old 01-23-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallAirFever View Post
Ah the wolf! Taking a shot at that with my 308 at the Rodeo and hearing Bob say "hit to the vitals" was an awesome feeling. Missing the second shot, not so awesome. I'd love another crack at that bad boy with the bow at say 45 yards.

Just registered me and my 12 year old son, we'll be camping at Shane's not too sure if we' pull the trailer or just the tent. Hopefully well be teamed up with some people not looking to be very serious but have a lot of fun.

Really looking forward to meeting up with some AO'ers that I have had the pleasure to meet before and some new ones of course. Although if Lefty is going to be at the rifle rodeo
again this year too... Not sure I can handle that much metro-male in one year
I see the smack talk gets going in January this year....

LC
Old 01-25-2014, 12:43 PM

With only 20 spots available a couple days ago, very curious how many are registered now??!!! I know I have since registered a freind!!! Great to see something fill up so quickly and early on.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
With only 20 spots available a couple days ago, very curious how many are registered now??!!! I know I have since registered a freind!!! Great to see something fill up so quickly and early on.
146 registered, 4 spots left. I will post a final update of classes and number in each one when once the last 4 come in. This is going to be a TON of fun!
Old 01-26-2014, 01:01 PM

Default Update on the Oilman's.

Ok everyone we were able to register 150 people for the Oilman's in May in a very short time. Even though we have reached our cap of 150 we have decided to take another 15 registrations for the people that will not be able to make it and that's it for this year. Here are the numbers from the 150 registered.

MBO: 34
MBR: 57
S.M: 11
FBO: 6
FBR: 13
S.L: 4
TRAD: 6
YOUTH: 19

During the registration we gave away 1000.00$ in keg cards, Nock On Hats, 3 Pairs of Sitka Shooter Gloves and a Wookie wrist sling. Congrats to all the winners YOU HAVE TO BE PRESENT AT THE SHOOT IN ORDER TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE!
Old 01-26-2014, 01:43 PM

Just a quick question with increasing the registration cap...if we have freinds that have not yet, but would be interested in registering still, will their registration be guaranteed and able to make solid plans to attend, or would it be pending an existing registrants cancellation...maintaining the 150 cap?? How does a registrant know if they have won any or the above mentioned prizes...I know me personally never took a good look at the registration confirmation, so if registrants are notified on their confirmation, I (and they) will be taking a better look :-0, or do you plan to post the lucky people on here??!!!
Again, pretty excited to take part in this and meet some of you!!!
Old 01-26-2014, 01:50 PM

Not sure how the cap works but if you won a prize then you were sent an email stating what it is.

LC
Old 01-26-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
Just a quick question with increasing the registration cap...if we have freinds that have not yet, but would be interested in registering still, will their registration be guaranteed and able to make solid plans to attend, or would it be pending an existing registrants cancellation...maintaining the 150 cap?? How does a registrant know if they have won any or the above mentioned prizes...I know me personally never took a good look at the registration confirmation, so if registrants are notified on their confirmation, I (and they) will be taking a better look :-0, or do you plan to post the lucky people on here??!!!
Again, pretty excited to take part in this and meet some of you!!!

Yes the next 15 people that register can make plans to attend for sure. I like a space in between each group. Example group shooting on 1,3,5,7,9 ect ect ect. If all 165 people showed up we would put a group on 1 and 25 as there is a big space walk in between targets so it will still work out very well. All winners are posted on Face Book. Give us a like and check us out at oilmans shootout
Old 01-27-2014, 02:39 PM

Default Oilman's Archery Shoot.

We are maxed out now at 165 archers, Any body wanting to shoot it from this point on will be put on a cancelation list. Best we can do. See a lot of you there.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
We are maxed out now at 165 archers, Any body wanting to shoot it from this point on will be put on a cancelation list. Best we can do. See a lot of you there.
Wow nice turn out for you guys. Looking forward to it.

Quick question if we want to shoot with some other archers do we drop an email to you to stick us in a group?

LC
Old 01-27-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

Quick question if we want to shoot with some other archers do we drop an email to you to stick us in a group?

LC
I was wondering the same thing, sort of. More along the lines of I was hoping to find some other people to shoot with that are not overly serious as far as the competition aspect goes. More like going to shoot a round with your buds where you chat about yardage before the shot and take a laid back approach. I am more looking at this as a great reason to get out and shoot some foam with my son and some new friends, not so much as a contest.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post

LC
We will do our very best to get everyone who wants to shoot together get to shoot together. Next week I will put a post up and we get groups and names set up then. I have to put this down till next week and actually do my job out here now. This was a busy 2 weeks... but well worth it.