Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-13-2017, 01:17 AM

Default Catching fish with lures I found along the river bank

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DR2IlNZzvwk
Got skunked the day before but managed to find some decent lures along the shore or the Red Deer river. Decided to come back the next day with the goal of catching some fish on those same lures.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:48 AM

Looks like great day and great spot! Well done!
Old 06-13-2017, 10:54 AM

Great vid. Watched the entire 16min. Worth it. Loving life on the river. Well done indeed, some nice catches there.. Lures and feesh!
I am a scavenger too, and can't help but stop for nature (snakes) too, or whatever else I wander across. That's the beauty of fishing. Set aside the fish, where our passion takes us, the people we meet along the way, places we find, discoveries, in tune with this earth, this is why I fish.
Enjoyed your vid, keep on "trukkin".
Barefoot, Bold!
Old 06-13-2017, 10:56 AM

Very well done. I enjoyed that entire video.
Perhaps a head mount would help you keep it in the lens? I know that helped my fishing videos immensely
Old 06-13-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
Great vid. Watched the entire 16min. Worth it. Loving life on the river. Well done indeed, some nice catches there.. Lures and feesh!
I am a scavenger too, and can't help but stop for nature (snakes) too, or whatever else I wander across. That's the beauty of fishing. Set aside the fish, where our passion takes us, the people we meet along the way, places we find, discoveries, in tune with this earth, this is why I fish.
Enjoyed your vid, keep on "trukkin".
Barefoot, Bold!
Couldnt agree more Fishfinder. And i'm glad you enjoyed the video. They're only going to get better with time.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Very well done. I enjoyed that entire video.
Perhaps a head mount would help you keep it in the lens? I know that helped my fishing videos immensely
Thanks for the input Wildwoods. I'll mess around with my headmount and try to get you guys some better shots next time.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timidhc View Post
Thanks for the input Wildwoods. I'll mess around with my headmount and try to get you guys some better shots next time.
FYI not intended to be critical. I appreciate positive feedback and I'm sure you must as well. Regardless, that was a stellar day and I am glad you took the time to post it. Keep them coming
Old 06-13-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Couldnt agree more Fishfinder. And i'm glad you enjoyed the video. They're only going to get better with time.
Yep, sure lovin' life on the river. Somehow for me it just holds that little something extra that I don't get out of lake fishing.

Great vid, looks like a great day.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:45 PM

Default Fishing along the rriver

Good job and well done. Goes to show many of us that a good day of fishing doesn't mean a truckload of tecky stuff.

Buck12
Old 06-13-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
FYI not intended to be critical. I appreciate positive feedback and I'm sure you must as well. Regardless, that was a stellar day and I am glad you took the time to post it. Keep them coming
I understand and honestly appreciate all the feedback i can get. I want to make these videos as good as i possibly can. I'm hoping to eventually get a mic to help with the wind noise and a tripod to switch up the shots but for now i'm working with what i've got.
Thanks again for taking the time to watch and offer your advice.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck12 View Post
Good job and well done. Goes to show many of us that a good day of fishing doesn't mean a truckload of tecky stuff.

Buck12
Thanks Buck. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to get my hands on all the best fishing gear but I make do with what i've got for now.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks Buck. Don't get me wrong. I'd love to get my hands on all the best fishing gear but I make do with what i've got for now.
Meh, I've owned some decent gear over the years, but I still use this rig as much as anything else... and I don't really consider myself to be making do. It catches fish and never malfunctions, that's about all I care about in a general purpose fishing rod. Just keep doing what you're doing, having fun.

Last edited by Bushleague; 06-14-2017 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:56 PM
Banned

I watched you're video yesterday, man was that ever fun!

My prediction is that one day you will be a famous fisherman with you're own TV show! Keep up the amazing work Timidhc

Last edited by 338 Rules; 06-14-2017 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:42 PM

Sweet edit man!
Old 06-15-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Got skunked the day before but managed to find some decent lures along the shore or the Red Deer river. Decided to come back the next day with the goal of catching some fish on those same lures.
Great video!! And an awesome quick "escape" for mental health purposes here in the office.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:

Nice video and it is fun to watch. the video make me want to quite my job and go fishing

But don't walk on the river bank with barefoot brother. There are so many abandoned lure and hooks, and you could get hurt easily.

Tags
fishing, goldeye, red deer river, video, walleye