Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-17-2018, 09:21 AM

Default 2018 / 2019 Honda Ridgeline

Morning,
Does anyone on here own one or know of anyone that does? looking for some feedback on them. Read alot of good things about them and looking to get the wife one maybe since she drives 90% on paved roads. I just read the Pilot comment below by another person about the parts on a Pilot being expensive. Just wondering if that is the case on these trucks to since they fall in the same family. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2018, 09:45 AM

Great truck for general purpose driving, light hauling and light towing. Way more polished and refined than any other pickup on the planet. It actually drives more like a car than a truck.

If you're not going to work it hard, it's easily the best medium-sized pickup you can get. It will last forever, it drives well and it has a big cab as well. In-bed lockable storage is also a neat feature.

It's quite capable off-road, thanks to the SH-AWD system, but it has limited ground clearance compared to, say, a Toyota Tacoma TRD or a Chevy Colorado Z71 or ZR2.

For how most people use a pickup (and how you say your wife will use it), it's definitely the best of the bunch. You'll probably pay more for it, compared to the competition (Chevy, especially), but I haven't been pricing them lately. Like Toyota pickups, they tend to be less aggressive on discounts...
Old 08-17-2018, 10:28 AM

Agree with above comments. Get teased all the tine it’s not a truck but i use it as one with over 400,000 k with half of that mileage in places i shouldn’t be. Only maintenance ie rubber, brakes, timing belt and religious on fluids. Best winter vehicle i have ever owned. When this does die one day will pick up a good used one that has done a great job in maintenance and again drive til she drops. For wifey being a road princess will last you a very long time. Awesome dependability
Old 08-17-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
Great truck for general purpose driving, light hauling and light towing. Way more polished and refined than any other pickup on the planet. It actually drives more like a car than a truck.
Thats because its a unibody and not body on frame like most trucks.
Old 08-17-2018, 01:29 PM

I wish like hell that I would have waited 6 months for them to come out. I'm still happy with my F150 though. Clearance would be the biggest issue I can see, but if all you do is drive in a field to pick up a moose or drop off decoys, then it would be more than up to the task.
Old 08-18-2018, 04:10 AM

And they actually look pretty slick going down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2018, 07:13 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Starting at 40K and then it goes up quick for a small rig.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-18-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingnut View Post
Morning,
Does anyone on here own one or know of anyone that does? looking for some feedback on them. Read alot of good things about them and looking to get the wife one maybe since she drives 90% on paved roads. I just read the Pilot comment below by another person about the parts on a Pilot being expensive. Just wondering if that is the case on these trucks to since they fall in the same family. Thanks!
I have on '06 for the last three years (3rd owner and have put 120k on since purchase)and absolutely love it, with the in bed trunk being a top notch feature, along with the flip up rear seats as second and the dual action tailgate being third. Ride is brilliant (much better than the pilot due to beefier suspension parts). I have pulled up to the max capacity and while it wasn't fast, it never felt over matched...I would expect the additional power and 1 more gear would improve things. Like another poster said, when this one is toast I will be getting another.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingnut View Post
Morning,
I've had a 2007 2011 then a 2014 now a 2017 great little trucks.

Mack