Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-15-2015, 07:50 AM

Default !!!super happy happy happy!!!

Was out shooting the other day and in the process of cleaning up, my Vortex Razor spotter took a spill off the tail gate. I picked it up and imminently noticed that the focus knob popped off. Upon closer inspection I decided to just pop it back on. With a little bit of thumb pressure it went back on with no problem. Oh wait, what? CRACK! The fine knob separated and broke off from the course knob. It falls off right in my hand. Man was I choked. Obviously it landed funny but still makes the heart sink when a 2000$+ spotter breaks. Although the body and glass are still in pristine condition, I decided to call vortex about getting a new focus knob to replace mine.

During my convo with the warranty rep (Kristabel, very professional and down to earth so to speak) we decided that I send a picture of the knob to them via email to save having to send my scope away and be without it for sometime. Less than 45 minutes later I had a reply. I was advised that my email and picture was sent to the head warranty rep in the US. There head rep decided that I should get a brand new scope! What, really!? Yup! And to top it off they are in the process of sending it to me right now. All I had to do was provided them with a tracking number showing that I mailed my scope to them. Very trusting and no hassle. Definitely a very happy Customer.

I bought the spotter in March of 2013, never had a problem with it and I absolutely love it. Use it all the time. Vortex stuck by there guns, never asked for a receipt. Even when I offered to send a screen shot of the receipt, Kristabel just laughed. Saying it was appreciated but not needed.

All of my rifles have Leupold Mark 4's and VX6's mounted on them and I'm still a #1 Leupold fan. Now, I'm not crazy and thinking of changing a thing. But if I was, I would give vortex a serious thought. Well, maybe not on my rifles but the binos are deff on my next to purchase list. Thought I'd just let anyone know that if your wondering about the warranty on VORTEX products.

It's amazing!
Old 04-15-2015, 09:06 AM

vortex has the best warranty ever.

LIFE TIME UNLIMITED UNCONDITIONAL

You cannot go wrong with vortex. great quality for great price.

Enjoy !!!
Old 04-15-2015, 10:30 AM

A buddy of mine fell on his ass this winter and bent his scope in the process. Vortex sent him a brand new scope to replace it with. I couldn't believe that their warranty would cover damage like that.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:49 AM

My brother had a pair of lower end bino's replaced twice no ? asked one of the best warranties out there.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:59 AM

Default Vortex

I dropped my diamond back bdc off my quad it hit hard so the focus wasn't working right I shipped it to vortex on wensday had new scope at my door the following wensday VORTEX is awesome love the glass the service and warranty is the best
Old 04-17-2015, 09:20 AM

I've only had 1 warranty issue with Vortex and I've owned 4 Vortex products. They were fantastic to deal with, and the process couldn't have gone better/smoother than it did.

I only just bought my first Leupold in December, but the guns I shoot most wear Vortex. Heading out tomorrow with my .223~it wears a Viper HS 4-16x44 BDC. Great value, very decent glass for the money.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:54 PM

I have the Razor 65 spotter and it's good to hear of such excellent CS (incase mine takes a tumble down a mountain)
Old 04-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Banned

Do Vortex have a long range scope with an adjustable turret?
Old 04-17-2015, 11:31 PM

I have a friend who swears by his Razor gen 2. Hefty price tag but it's supposed to compete with the big dogs of the glass industry.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:07 AM

Default Vortex

Vortex has some great long range scopes. The viper HS ans PST in 50mm with a 30mm tube have been working great for me
Old 04-19-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmhunter View Post
Do Vortex have a long range scope with an adjustable turret?
They do - the Viper PST line covers this.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category...st_riflescopes

A friend of mine has the 6-24x50 FFP on his heavy barrelled .308 and loves it.

They don't get big by being dumb.