Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-21-2020, 09:49 PM

Default Anyone fish Lac La Ronge Sask

Hey I know this is AB forum but i’m headed out to la ronge to a buddies cabin all next week and hoping to get into some big lakers. If you’ve know this lake at all and wouldn’t mind sharing some info it would be greatly appreciated. We’re there to sled and fish and I’m mainly looking for lakers, but may try for the pike and walleye as well. Heard hunter bay is the best spot for them I fished it 2 years ago with no luck but weather was bad and didn’t have a flasher. I got my flasher with me this year and even if you can suggest depths or areas of the lake where you’ve had success would be greatly appreciated as this lake is absolutely massive lol . Feel free to pm me too ! Thanks!
Old 02-21-2020, 10:21 PM

I have Ice fished La Ronge a few times when I was still in high school which was 20 years ago. The few times I fished it we only targeted Lakers and Hunters Bay was where we always fished. I remember it being a long sled ride from the boat launch back into Hunters. I don’t remember the fishing being hot and heavy but it was enough to keep a guy interested and kept us going back. We have a family friend that lived up there he now lives at Hudson Bay, Sk but he still has a cabin on La Ronge that is accessible only by boat in summer or sled in winter. It’s on an island out towards Hunters Bay somewhere. Dad goes up in the Summer time once in a while to fish with him still.
Old 02-22-2020, 01:04 AM

There are some YouTube videos of the fishing there for Lakers.