Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-06-2020, 03:45 PM

Default Smoking price New Sako 85 lefty

For anyone interested, Cambodian Tire in Cranbrook has a lefty Sako 85 in 7 Rem mag on sale for $1399. Yeah, it’s not a Creedmoor, and we all know 7 mags won’t kill big game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0256C6F0-BA23-45BB-81E1-4E99EFDC20C5.jpg (23.5 KB, 194 views)
Old 02-06-2020, 05:13 PM

That’s quite a deal!

For some reason our CT only carries Browning (most of the stock), Winchester, Savage, Ruger, and some Remington. That’s unfortunate.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:36 PM

We have had Sauers, Styers , Dakos andcsome other higher end rifles and shotguns in our CT store in Ft. McMurray as well Savage, Remington , Ruger , Winchester, Henry and Brownings as well as some others .
Cat
Old 02-06-2020, 05:58 PM

^ That’s nice. But then I have seen your pics of the Ft. Mac Canadian Tire and man... Wish we had it here.

The most “odd” rifle I saw at our store was a Kimber last year. By “odd” I mean something other than what I listed before. It sucks.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
^ That’s nice. But then I have seen your pics of the Ft. Mac Canadian Tire and man... Wish we had it here.

The most “odd” rifle I saw at our store was a Kimber last year. By “odd” I mean something other than what I listed before. It sucks.
From what I understand it has more to do with individual store owners as far as what they put in their stores , for years we had next to nothing , then they built the dedicated outdoor store as well as the general merchandise store .
I grin every time I walk in there !
Cat
Old 02-07-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
From what I understand it has more to do with individual store owners as far as what they put in their stores , for years we had next to nothing , then they built the dedicated outdoor store as well as the general merchandise store .
I grin every time I walk in there !
Cat
Yes, I was told that by a guy in the gun shop here in the Hat, It's the store owners that handle the gun shop seperate from Canadian Tire
Old 02-07-2020, 01:04 PM

Yes, absolutely. And I believe our local market isn’t perhaps large enough to support anything bigger than what we have. I just don’t get stocking 30-50 x-bolts and other-bolts in a 100-gun inventory (just example numbers, I don’t really know what the real numbers are) instead of offering more choice. I don’t see those Browning rifles flying off the shelves either. Having said that, I bought 3 of my 5 firearms there (SX3, BLR, X-Bolt) and other at another Canadian Tire (10/22). And now that is the only the place in town to buy anything firearm related, except for a pathetic choice of ammo at Walmart. They did recently bring in some reloading equipment and supplies as well though, most of which is now on clearance at 20-25% off the ticketed price, which is not a good sign.
Old 02-07-2020, 05:53 PM

Default Sako LH Hunter

brewster29 I owe you a beer. Thanks for the tip. I am an owner.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:05 PM

Congrats! Was truly a great deal!
Old 02-07-2020, 07:25 PM

Great to see someone here get this awesome deal. I have a couple wood stocked 7 mm’s or I would have been all over this! Good for you rafternk.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
That’s quite a deal!

For some reason our CT only carries Browning (most of the stock), Winchester, Savage, Ruger, and some Remington. That’s unfortunate.
Stopped by the CT today. I wasn’t that much off but forgot to add Mossberg to the list. Also found a couple of Howa’s that weren’t there before. So fingers crossed for more choice to come.

More importantly though, I saw that they now have a CZ 455 I was thinking to buy for a while. Looks like I might be getting another rifle in the near future.