Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 03:13 PM

No problem. I have enough crown land around me I have started hunting there. I have zero issues with being denied. It's not my land. I do question why I all of a sudden get denied permission and the outfitter is allowed but I really can't do anything about it so I move on.

Allowing permission to access is one thing. Making money or destruction of wild game animals is another. Keep all that land to yourself. I don't walk all over my neighbors land and I won't on yours. Selling out wild life is wrong.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownb View Post
Go ahead print some cards, good luck to you. Nobody is stopping you.
Actually I believe it wouldn't be legal.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expmler View Post
You know that oil companies pay for access to the resource.
Yes I fully understand that.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhguy View Post
I am a farmer...how many posts have I said that?? How do I not buy produced food and expect you to feed me ?? Please explain yet another contradiction
You said you don't buy beef. So you don't buy meat from the beef farmer but you expect the beef farmer to grant you free access to get your meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertacoyotecaller View Post
Sure I have fun. Lots of fun. But fun doesn't pay the bills and we are talking about the bottom line here. Aren't we?
You figured it out, if you can't afford your HOBBY then you have to stop, nobody is forcing you to do your hobby.
Banned

Quote:
Yes I fully understand that.
Should they have too?
Old 03-29-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
You know that oil companies pay for access to the resource.
A resource that's for sale legally

The lack of feathers must confuse some of them
Old 03-29-2014, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
No problem. I have enough crown land around me I have started hunting there. I have zero issues with being denied. It's not my land. I do question why I all of a sudden get denied permission and the outfitter is allowed but I really can't do anything about it so I move on.

Allowing permission to access is one thing. Making money or destruction of wild game animals is another. Keep all that land to yourself. I don't walk all over my neighbors land and I won't on yours. Selling out wild life is wrong.
The outfitter understands business.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Actually I believe it wouldn't be legal.
Your idea not mine.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Should they have too?
I think more directional drilling should be completed so they can purchase one small piece of land and tap into the resource under your ranch land.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
A resource that's for sale legally
The oil company pays the gov't for the resource in royalties, they lease the land from the farmer.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:26 PM

How about this . farmers can charge whatever they like for the privilege of setting foot on their land (put up a toll booth if you like that way you can make something off the people that are just lost and looking for directions as well) . Then forfeit the right to all public grazing leases ,they would revert back to the crown for the peons that don't want to pay to play. That way you only get to farm land that you bought and payed for.

Quote:
The outfitter understands business.
I understand business as well. I also understand the current laws and the history behind them. I also understand how certain groups gain permission.

Go ahead and get your outfitter license if you want to sell hunts.
Banned

Quote:
I think more directional drilling should be completed so they can purchase one small piece of land and tap into the resource under your ranch land.
Fine by me, the oil isn't mine.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:27 PM

Ah grazing leases. Another sore subject. Another thread required for that one.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
You said you don't buy beef. So you don't buy meat from the beef farmer but you expect the beef farmer to grant you free access to get your meat.
I said cattle wise I raise my own...why would I buy it. I do buy some grains for food I figured buying it paid for the product and all costs including damaged crops...we farmers are paid , if you have a bad year then you can get government help, then you want hunting to pay as well...who gets to sell the same product three times over .

Old 03-29-2014, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
How about this . farmers can charge whatever they like for the privilege of setting foot on their land (put up a toll booth if you like that way you can make something off the people that are just lost and looking for directions as well) . Then forfeit the right to all public grazing leases ,they would revert back to the crown for the peons that don't want to pay to play. That way you only get to farm land that you bought and payed for.
You do realize a farmer pays for the lease. He doesn't get the benefit of use for free.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:

Obviously you haven't taken anytime to read my previous posts, I am a farmer and I don't agree with this proposal, I am not selling out wildlife, and i sure as hell do not let outfitters on, where I do get mad is when you tell me how wrong I am running my farm, you don't know me, I wish I could take vacations or even one or even go away for a long weekend, I can't there is to many responsibilities here, I don't mind though that's my livelyhood, so just because you have a rich farmer friend don't lump us all together, furthermore if you hobby is to argue then stop we are trying to find solutions here. Your not helping.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
I said cattle wise I raise my own...why would I buy it. I do buy some grains for food I figured buying it paid for the product and all costs including damaged crops...we farmers are paid , if you have a bad year then you can get government help, then you want hunting to pay as well...who gets to sell the same product three times over .
A hotel owner gets paid many times over for the same product.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownb View Post
You figured it out, if you can't afford your HOBBY then you have to stop, nobody is forcing you to do your hobby.
It's not a hobby if someone asks you to come out and help. Earlier in the discussion, the comments were made that hunting just ends up costing the farmer and the hunter reaps all the rewards. I don't even drive on the farmers land when calling coyotes for them. I pay out for fuel and all expenses. How am I getting 100% of the rewards? That is my argument for my comments. The relationship is not purely symbiotic. It's purely one sided. I still do it because I respect that the rancher has an issue that I can help solve. I do see that opportunity as a chance to take advantage of the farmer and charge. I only walk on his land and communicate to him afterwards what took place.

Not a hobby, nor 100% benefit to me. If the farmer wants to take that same situation and look at it as a money generating opportunity, I believe it's wrong.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:37 PM

Expmler you are up over 120 posts between this and the Snowmobile tresspass thread and they are all the same theme .The Gov't is screwing you over the hunters are screwing you over and the sledders are screwing you over. Have you considered listing your farm as a registered charity? That way you could have another revenue stream to go along with your outfitter dream
Old 03-29-2014, 03:40 PM

Quote:
You do realize a farmer pays for the lease. He doesn't get the benefit of use for free.
Yup I realize that but that is something that would go away. No more lease land from the gov't think of the money you'll save.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Expmler you are up over 120 posts between this and the Snowmobile tresspass thread and they are all the same theme .The Gov't is screwing you over the hunters are screwing you over and the sledders are screwing you over. Have you considered listing your farm as a registered charity? That way you could have another revenue stream to go along with your outfitter dream
I don't believe in taking charity, I pay my way. I just ask that you do the same.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:43 PM

I don't believe all farmers are rich. I don't believe they are all poor either. I don't believe my boss either when he says he can't give me a raise either.

All business's do not require subsidies, whether it's farming, selling cars, building houses. I do not get any subsidy when I make less money from one year to the next. I do not get to run dyed diesel in my truck when I work off road in the bush. When I can't make ends meet, it's time to call it quits. Don't start looking at raping the land and it's resources to make ends meet.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Actually I know 3 separate farmers who lease no less than 10 quarters each. They all admit that with the oil leases on the land, they actually make a few hundred bucks a year after taxes and upgrades.
I hunt all over the province on more sections than I can count, and I have never run into anyone with your ideals. For that I am thankful.
Most farmers I meet are happy to have me there and I in turn am happy to help them anyway I can and share my harvest with them. They understand that hunting is a management tool and by limiting the numbers of hunters in the field, their problems will get worse, not better.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
A hotel owner gets paid many times over for the same product.
A hotel is not a one time consumable resource...your logic is dumbfounding

Quote:
I don't believe in taking charity, I pay my way. I just ask that you do the same.
What makes you think I don't pay my way? I spend thousands of dollars to support my hunting hobby. Just because I don't give you money doesn't mean I don't pay my way .

Quote:
Nope you want me to pay your way!

Old 03-29-2014, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yup I realize that but that is something that would go away. No more lease land from the gov't think of the money you'll save.
I am not the one complaining about paying my way. If I want access I am willing to pay because I see a benefit.
You want the benefit without the cost.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
A hotel is not a one time consumable resource...your logic is dumbfounding
Neither is my land.
Closed Thread