Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2020, 05:15 PM

Default MSR Tents

Anyone have reviews on the MSR backpacking tents? specifically the Hubba hubba
Old 08-12-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox View Post
I have a Hubba Hubba NX (2 person), going up for sale actually. No issues with the tent, it's packable and light, pretty easy to set up. Has held up well in the rain and wind for me. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is because I won a tent in a raffle that has a few features that I like more, but if I hadn't won it I would still continue using the MSR and wouldn't hesitate to bring one in the back country.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:03 PM

If you don’t plan on doing any winter camping the Hubba Hubba is a great tent. I’ve had mine for 3 years now and it has treated me great. Luckily haven’t had it in any terrible weather, but lots of rain and it holds up well.

If I was to buy another tent I would get a exoskeleton tent. You can set it up without the inner getting wet during a rain storm. The poles are on the outside. Also, 4 season tents help during late fall to keep the breeze out of the tent a bit more since they are dual walled instead of having a mesh inner. I enjoy this when it’s a cold breeze that make me chilled.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:33 AM

I've owned an MSR Hubba Hubba for over 7 years now and its a great 1-2 person tent.

All in (just weighed it a few weeks ago) mine was 2173 grams, and packs reasonably small. Plenty of guy-out points on the tent to handle wind, although it is built well to deflect wind if you set it up facing the correct way.

I also really like the fly design which creates two vestibules for boots / backpack (maybe not big enough for an expedition pack though).

It goes up fast, can be done easily by a single person, and is simple enough to do in the dark as well.

Buy with confidence.

They don't get big by being dumb.
Old 08-15-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox View Post

Off the top of my head I don't recall the 4 season MSR tent I had but it was pretty bomber. Sold it only to raise funds and the boys had a wall tent.

MSR is a great company overall and when they bring a product to market the customer is not expected to be a beta tester.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology