Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-15-2020, 02:08 PM

Default Rubber Match Cormier vs Miocic

Well it’s finally here. The rubber match. Unfortunately this Kung Flu will have the most important MMA fight in heavyweight MMA history with no fans. Vegas odds has Cormier as the betting favourite (-110) and Miocic as the underdog (100)

What say you???
Old 08-15-2020, 02:15 PM

-110 / +100 is not really betting favorite - that's pretty much a coin flip.

Either way, I think it's going to be a great fight and a grind unless someone lands a punch.

I'm in agreement on this one - either guy can win here. First guy to land one, or make a mistake and it could be over.
Old 08-15-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
-110 / +100 is not really betting favorite - that's pretty much a coin flip.

Either way, I think it's going to be a great fight and a grind unless someone lands a punch.

I'm in agreement on this one - either guy can win here. First guy to land one, or make a mistake and it could be over.
True. It’s pretty much even I guess. Going to be interesting. Cormier and Miocic aside, I wish the promotion out together a better card for this event than they did.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:28 PM

My head says miocic but the heart's gotta root for my fellow chubster Cormier. True inspiration to the six pack challenged #carbsmatter.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL_JR View Post
My head says miocic but the heart's gotta root for my fellow chubster Cormier. True inspiration to the six pack challenged #carbsmatter.
Ha ha how ironic. I’m 3 weeks into my annual keto shred at the moment and nothing but pastries here at work today. Stellar.... ha ha

I’m not partial either way. They are both great champions and stand up fellas...
Old 08-15-2020, 04:30 PM

I love both these guys

I honestly hope Miocic takes the win though.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 08-15-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post
I love both these guys

I honestly hope Miocic takes the win though.
If he does I’d love to see Jon Jones move up to heavyweight and contest for the heavyweight title. I’m pretty sure Dana would let him jump que and give him a title shot. The pay per view buys would be enormous...
Old 08-15-2020, 08:51 PM

I hope Miocic, can't stand cormier but pretty sure the fat man is gonna attempt to just lay on him for 5 rounds to get the win.

Nothing I'd rather see than Cormier loose and ball his eyes out again in the middle of the ring.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin'wild View Post
I hope Miocic, can't stand cormier but pretty sure the fat man is gonna attempt to just lay on him for 5 rounds to get the win.

Nothing I'd rather see than Cormier loose and ball his eyes out again in the middle of the ring.
You must be the most casual fan on the planet. Cormier has never just laid on guys for 5 rounds. Lol...

Anyway I did purchase last nights card. This event was history making in terms of its magnitude and again without fans it isn’t the great spectacle it should have been.
This whole Covid thing is a nightmare and getting old...

Last edited by 1899b; 08-16-2020 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
You must be the most casual fan on the planet. Cormier has never just laid on guys for 5 rounds. Lol...
Anything but casual, DC does throw but he likes to smother. I personally don't like a thing that man stands for. His constant eye pokes backfired and it was himself that got eye poked this time. Karma's a bit**.

Anybody that purposely withholds a rematch just to get a money fight with Lesnar then when that falls apart and he looses wines and complains none stop that he wants a rematch or to strip Stipe of the title during a pandemic while Stipe is out doing his job as a firefighter, actually doing something beneficial for the country for the public goes to show DCs character.

Regardless it was a good fight it's what everyone hoped for. Glad it's done and hopefully he's done commentating as well. Happy retirement DC. Anyone who's done that sport as long as any of the guys deserves to enjoy it once done.

Congrats to Stipe, hell of a fighter and great changes and improvements from the 1st fight and 2nd fight. Happy to see a humble champ, well deserved.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin'wild View Post
Anything but casual, DC does throw but he likes to smother. I personally don't like a thing that man stands for. His constant eye pokes backfired and it was himself that got eye poked this time. Karma's a bit**.

Anybody that purposely withholds a rematch just to get a money fight with Lesnar then when that falls apart and he looses wines and complains none stop that he wants a rematch or to strip Stipe of the title during a pandemic while Stipe is out doing his job as a firefighter, actually doing something beneficial for the country for the public goes to show DCs character.

Regardless it was a good fight it's what everyone hoped for. Glad it's done and hopefully he's done commentating as well. Happy retirement DC. Anyone who's done that sport as long as any of the guys deserves to enjoy it once done.

Congrats to Stipe, hell of a fighter and great changes and improvements from the 1st fight and 2nd fight. Happy to see a humble champ, well deserved.
I like them both. DC has had a very hard life. Father murdered, lost his daughter from a car accident. They are both great ambassadors for the sport. I was torn as to who I wanted to win and still didn’t decide during the fight. It was nice to see a big fight lead up with no scripted or made up trash talk.

Ok your not a casual fan. I’ll take that back. Lol
Old 08-16-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post

Ok your not a casual fan. I’ll take that back. Lol
Haha no worries, anyone can look like a keyboard warrior haha. Naw I've been watching since before Ultimate Fighter was a thing. Was cool to see it evolve. I watched ever fight and PPV until it was once a week, wasn't affordable after that when I have 4 kids now.

I agree 100% with you that it was good for the sport though, especially without trash talk involved, kids these days need to be shown that respect goes further which is great when fighters show each other it before during and after, I personally think that it makes a better fight, not sure why but just seems that way to me.

Look forward to when there's a**es back in seats again, but honestly I look forward to when we can go back to semi normal as this work, home, work, lake and basically back to work is getting old. Hunting season can't get here fast enough lol.
Old 08-16-2020, 12:51 PM

That fight was certainly a grind .... I also was torn between who I favored to win, both seem to be pretty good guys.
Aas much as I would like to see DC retire on top, it wouldn't have been fair to Stipe to go down that way with no recourse to recapture a belt in a rematch (if DC decided to retire on top and not want a rematch).

I had the fight 3-2 Stipe for sure and maybe even 4 rounds to 1.

No complaints from me - they grinded it out.