Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-27-2014, 07:21 PM

Might head out tomorrow morning
Old 03-27-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binnzer32 View Post
Anyone fishing gull tommorrow? I will be there all day if anyone is bored. Zip you fishing?
Unfortunately, not Friday, however, Backwabbit & I are making plans for the weekend, tic-tock-tic-tock times running out, our days are numbered.

Z-Z

Old 03-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Banned

Hey I will be out in a red eskimo flip mo 2 with a light blueish toyota tundra at birch bay if your bored.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoteblaster View Post
Might head out tomorrow morning
Old 03-27-2014, 08:18 PM
Banned

Right on. Wanted to get a fish in with you. Oh well. Good luck this weekend guys. I don't wanna be on ice this weekend so took Friday off !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
Unfortunately, not Friday, however, Backwabbit & I are making plans for the weekend, tic-tock-tic-tock times running out, our days are numbered.

Z-Z
Old 03-27-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binnzer32 View Post
Right on. Wanted to get a fish in with you. Oh well. Good luck this weekend guys. I don't wanna be on ice this weekend so took Friday off !!
Hey Binnzer ... if I can't be fishin Gull tomorrow .... here's a "Zip Tip" that may help put a few big Whites on the ice for you. I make my own W/W's, this is just one of my box's, your imagination can make some interesting creations ... these were quite productive the other day, let me/us know how you do.

Wonder how many other members will give this combo a try this end of the season weekend?

Look forward to a few replies .....

Z-Z

Old 03-28-2014, 05:00 PM

good looking w.w
Old 03-28-2014, 05:32 PM

Default im at brownlows tomorrow.....HELP PLEASE!!!

ill be at brownlows tomorrow but one of the guys ditched me and he has the auger!!!!!!!

If there is someone at brownlows tomorrow at about 11 AM that would drill some holes in my shack i will pay u or i have a box of gear u can rummage through and take whatever.

please let me know....i dont want to drill it by hand....my hand auger is wobbley.....

i have a yellow shack 375 yards out to the right of the launch.....

Thanks

Happy
Old 03-28-2014, 06:14 PM

Happy .... I'm sure you'll have lots of company out there tomorrow and/or Sunday to help you out. If the lake access isn't all blown in & the ice road is manageable I may also be out there tomorrow.

Don't worry, be happy ! (couldn't resist)

Z-Z

Is that your yellow shed to the left ?

Old 03-28-2014, 06:26 PM

ewwwwwwwwww i dont wanna drive 2 hours and hope....lol
Old 03-28-2014, 07:26 PM

I will be out there, early am, I'm going north of you about half a mle up, I can swing back down
Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 PM

Hey Zip....

If you are gonna be out there Sunday, would love to meet you amd any of the other guys!

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 03-28-2014, 08:30 PM

Was there on tuesday afternoon during the snow and cloudy day, ice is still close to the 40 inch thick and action was slow but if nothing comes by in the first 5 to 10 mins use a big daredevil spoon and jig it then if you see a whitefish let it sit cause they tend to bite on hook then the other two
Old 03-28-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
Hey Zip....

If you are gonna be out there Sunday, would love to meet you amd any of the other guys!
Bwackwabbit & I will be out tomorrow, depending on how our day goes & how much snow we have to deal with we plan on returning Sunday & of course Monday to close out the season with a smile!

Just look for the "Black Pearl" flying a jolly roger, that's were we'll be.

Z-Z

Old 03-29-2014, 09:13 AM

We will try to make it out if we get all our work done today. We ar stuck at work till 8:30pm or we would be out there right now fingers crossed
Old 03-29-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z View Post
Bwackwabbit & I will be out tomorrow, depending on how our day goes & how much snow we have to deal with we plan on returning Sunday & of course Monday to close out the season with a smile!

Just look for the "Black Pearl" flying a jolly roger, that's were we'll be.

Z-Z
Here we are...

Old 03-29-2014, 07:38 PM

Default Sunday kick at the cat

Well the plan is in place should be on the ice around 830-900am.. Going north of brownlows tomorrow should be fun if it's not a snowstorm !!
Old 03-29-2014, 09:02 PM
Banned

Couldn't have asked for a better way to finish it off. Landed 11 whites in 3 hours. Other two buddies limited out simultaneously by 11AM. Water visibility was probably 2 ft below the ice. Thick fluffy snow, but saw a bunch of sedans driving around.

... And a one-eyed burb:

oh, and we spotted the black pearl too. How did you guys make out?
Old 03-29-2014, 10:12 PM
Banned

Is that little one pike bait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gslice View Post
Couldn't have asked for a better way to finish it off. Landed 11 whites in 3 hours. Other two buddies limited out simultaneously by 11AM. Water visibility was probably 2 ft below the ice. Thick fluffy snow, but saw a bunch of sedans driving around.

... And a one-eyed burb:

oh, and we spotted the black pearl too. How did you guys make out?
Old 03-29-2014, 10:48 PM
Banned

nah. The little one was hooked bad in the bottom jaw and when i tried to unhook it, it started doing barrel rolls, then I heard something snap so I decided not to release it.

Caught 2 other monster whites immediately after that were bigger than the 2 in the pic. Too bad they had to be released.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:02 AM

Anybody going out today for the season ender?

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 03-31-2014, 07:44 AM
Banned

I'd love too. Took Friday off to go. They biting good in that murky water northwest of brownlows too. Makes it fun and challenging not being able to see them. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
Anybody going out today for the season ender?
Old 03-31-2014, 08:03 AM

Binnzer...

Are you talking about the shallow water straight west just after you get on at brownlows? I see guys fishng over in that bay but I always figured they were going for perch??

Maybe I will try there once I get there...

Thanks...

Old 03-31-2014, 08:44 AM
Banned

Yea northwest of approach kinda near point but not quite there. I was in 8 fow or so. Orange and yellow candy cane ww worked good for me. All fish bit bottom hook.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:02 AM

Looks like Zip n I are headed that way today.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:57 AM

A lot of guys out here today! Haha...diehards.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:25 PM

Default Brownlows Season Closer

Wasn't able to update our year end adventure until today, we spent our last 3 days punching holes in different areas looking for big whites but had difficulty finding them, the heavy snow didn’t help. Backwabbit & I met up with Jack&7, Monday mid-afternoon and we all went to an area not far from where Happyfisher was anchored. We seen lots of fish, at times I had up to 4 Pike staring at my Sasy-Shad minnow combo, but no takers. I kept one Pike over 4 lbs for dinner for the Mrs, the fish was full of eggs, sad. We had one very large Pike hanging around and kept watch over us, this big girl will hopefully spawn out this spring and continue on.

I can appreciate Water ...... thread, “Humbled on the last Day”. On Monday, I caught 9 fish, a combo of Pike, Burbs & Perch but Bwackwabbit had the honors & magic lure that did both Jack & Zip in. I'm sure he’ll update further.

Perhaps you may have seen the Black Pearl flying the Jolly Roger, we stayed until, 7:00 pm, didn’t see many others on the lake when we departed, it was a fun day we met a new member who we hope to see more of, overall, a great way to close out the season.

Purchased my new fishin license on line this morning, now we’ll focus on some trout fishin.

A few pic's from our adventure .... enjoy!

Z-Z

Visitor Moochin

Old 04-02-2014, 06:43 PM

All in it was a great last weekend! Lighter on fish caught than we hoped but that's fishin'. Great company made up for it once again. Was great to meet a fellow member and thanks to Zip for the "spot" and a huge assist on my biggest pike of the day! (It had the camera cable in its mouth and he dropped slack cable down the one hole so I could land the fish in the other).

The "magic" lure Zip spoke of is a Sebile Vibrato. Seventeen pike between 3:45 and 7:30 impressed me...

Here it is in actionhttp://youtu.be/v5Nz2rEhpws

Last edited by bwackwabbit; 04-02-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:55 PM

I imagined the number "17 PIKE" would of been in bold & enlarged like so .... I was in Edm at Cabella's yesterday looking for one, but no success! Bwackwabbit is also modest, he didn't mention how many Burbs he & his buddy "Bill" caught. Next year Jack & Zip will of course bring more fire power to even the odd's!

Z-Z

Old 04-02-2014, 10:04 PM

hey zip thanks for all the posts and pics this past season...appreciated chain