Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-17-2018, 08:51 AM

I bit the bullet and went the whole yard of Lathrop and son's Mountain hunter elite boots and can't say enough good things about the boot and the service. Bought some First lite merino and love it and I will not go to the hills without my Uncompaghre puffy jacket.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmsniper View Post
I’m looking to upgrade from the blue jeans to a nice hiking pant. Something like the Kuiu guide pant or similar performance. It doesnt have to Have a fancy camo pattern but good quality. What are you guys using?
The Kuiu attach pants are really nice for mid to late season hunts. I wear them with Kuiu long underwear which I HIGHLY recommend the zippers are game changers. I dont find them to be the most comfy pants I've worn and the rear pocket flaps drive me crazy but they are overall very nice. First lite makes some of my favourite pants but Ive also had many mountaineering brand pants that are fantastic as well.

Side note if anyone is looking for binos I HIGHLY recommend the Nikon HG I have a pair of Zeiss SF and they are comparable to surprising degree.