Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-15-2018, 03:29 PM

Default Youtube Creators Post Here

Hello fellow Fishermen/Fisherwomen

As many of you know Youtube is changing their rules in relation to who can make money on youtube by making videos. You must have 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time in the past year. This is making it harder for new channels to start up and make money. Let's be honest, not many people make a living off of Youtube, but it is nice having some extra spending cash to spend on some toys for the outdoors. (It is quite easy to make somewhere in the $1000-3000 range a year off of it).

I am just 33 people short currently to reach the 1000 Subscribers goal, so if you could subscribe to my channel, that would be awesome.

Link to my Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FishCrazytoTheCore

I would like it if all Youtubers could post their channels below so I can subscribe to their channels also. This way we can all help each other with our channels. If there are any of you that would like to start up a channel or want a little more info on how to start up a channel, feel free to message me.

I would really like to start something along the lines of a monthly draw for some fishing gear on my channel if there is interest and if I get enough viewers that are looking at my Fishing and outdoors videos. If you are interested in this subscribe to my channel and start watching those fishing videos.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:40 PM

I just subbed.

Here's my channel - I haven't posted in awhile but I do plan to eventually. If it's just going to be fishing related not sure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-GkPht-gqk&
Old 02-15-2018, 04:54 PM

Here’s mine. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs0...Y1UYJF6pGX2L0g

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 02-15-2018, 05:18 PM

So what are the pay outs on having a youtube movie
Old 02-15-2018, 05:54 PM

Be sure to subscribe to Jeffs channel!!!

We have a couple great videos from the summer, my favorite one features a walleye that is over 10 pounds caught in Alberta!!

We are doing OK this ice season too, no lunkers yet but stay tuned!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TimidHouseCat

If you want to skip right to the 10 pound walleye you can watch the video titled back to back trophy fish! The pike was a personal best for Jeff, though most of you guys wouldn't call it a true trophy.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
When you find out let me know
Old 02-15-2018, 06:04 PM

I just got up your channels. I have my subscriptions private, which means it won't tell you I specifically subscribed, but the number with still appear.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
it depends on add revenue.

The more views your video gets, the better the return.

For it to be considered actually profitable you have to be raking in 50 thousand+ views every video. And that's very hard to do unless you are already a pro circuit fisherman or one of the googans. Those guys make thousands of dollars from their youtube accounts, at least when they aren't being demonetized for posting hunting videos that is.

Yes, its true. If you post a video with any sort of gun or shooting (or swearing, drug use, copyright infringement) they usually demonetize the video pretty quickly, which means you get 0 dollars no matter how many views it gets. On top of that, your account can be flagged depending how often you get demonetized and your non-gun related videos will be effected by a blanket demonetization of your channel. Lame, I know.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:29 AM

Sorry tubers but I don't subscribe. I thought some of you were in it for the fishing reports but apparently some are in it for the money ... and both. Have fun with that. But, I'll watch a good fish report from time to time
Old 02-16-2018, 12:03 PM

Any likes and subs are appreciated!
Cheers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdT0MzTIS5Q&t=17s

Last edited by Calgaryguy1977; 02-16-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:27 PM

I subbed to all of your accounts
Old 02-17-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSR Fisher View Post
it depends on add revenue.

The more views your video gets, the better the return.

For it to be considered actually profitable you have to be raking in 50 thousand+ views every video. And that's very hard to do unless you are already a pro circuit fisherman or one of the googans. Those guys make thousands of dollars from their youtube accounts, at least when they aren't being demonetized for posting hunting videos that is.

Yes, its true. If you post a video with any sort of gun or shooting (or swearing, drug use, copyright infringement) they usually demonetize the video pretty quickly, which means you get 0 dollars no matter how many views it gets. On top of that, your account can be flagged depending how often you get demonetized and your non-gun related videos will be effected by a blanket demonetization of your channel. Lame, I know.
Swearing is ok, I've got (too much) swearing in my videos and haven't been penalized or demonitized.

http://www.youtube.com/c/ReelDealOutdoors
Old 02-17-2018, 04:47 PM

In all honesty I had no idea there was any money to be made on YT nor how to obtain any revenue till a year ago!
I learned how to shoot commercials, create cartoons and edit video back in a high school class and just wanted to share some vids with friends and family back home after moving across the country. When I got a GoPro as a gift I just started shooting all my fishing adventures and sharing them online.
Shooting and editing is a creative outlet for me and being able to shoot what I love while (hopefully) entertaining and educating people along the way is just a bonus!
If you're going out asking for subscribers so you can hang on to the $60 you made in revenue this year you're missing the point. Just make great content and people will watch, share and subscribe in time!
Old 02-17-2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the11fisherman View Post
When you find out let me know
250,000 views can pay about $300-$400
Old 02-18-2018, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reel Deal View Post
250,000 views can pay about $300-$400
I originally thought that JR was wondering how much he could make by making on honest to goodness movie for YouTube (the type you have to buy lol), not just YouTube videos.

I'm just glad that guys are posting their channels here because I like seeing their content.

As for the comment about people not wanting to lose the money they have made this year, YouTube will not take that money away. The money they have earned will stay with the creator. The issue is is that they have to make a minimum or $100 to get paid out.

Every channel has to start somewhere and I am glad to help them get the subscribers they need. I have gotten many subscribers off of here and I want to return the favor.

By sharing channels we are just allowing another mode of sharing fishing experiences and other stuff. For example, on my channel I have quite a few fishing videos, but my most famous video (1.2 million+ views) is a video of vehicles breaking through ice. I like variety, but to each their own. There is a creator her that has a darned funny video of his dog "eating " breakfast.

I hope there will be more channels posted on here soon.