Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-13-2011, 06:09 PM

What a stupid thread, thinking that with out the Cons around we would have no guns makes no more sense than the NDP saying if they had not made it happen we would have no national health-care.
Things could be different yes but if you make everything about guns that will be the fastest way to get them taken away.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of 53 View Post
What a stupid thread, thinking that with out the Cons around we would have no guns makes no more sense than the NDP saying if they had not made it happen we would have no national health-care.
Things could be different yes but if you make everything about guns that will be the fastest way to get them taken away.
Read sections 91 and 92 of the criminal code. It is already illegal to own a gun in Canada, unless the minister of justice says you can own one.

Look at all the guns that have already been banned in this country.

Ann McLellan, said it is all over, and laughed at us. That made a few people rather mad at the liberal party.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:15 PM

Yes. I would turn them over immediately.

Losing guns is one thing. Losing life/freedom is another.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Re-read original post

hy·po·thet·i·cal (hp-tht-kl) also hy·po·thet·ic (-thtk)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or based on a hypothesis: a hypothetical situation. See Synonyms at theoretical.
a. Suppositional; uncertain. See Synonyms at supposed.
b. Conditional; contingent.
n.
A hypothetical circumstance, condition, scenario, or situation: OK, let's consider this possibility thenjust as a hypothetical.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[From Greek hupothetikos, from hupothetos, placed under, supposed, from hupotithenai, to suppose; see hypothesis.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-13-2011, 06:44 PM

hypothically, I would think if there was any announcement like that, there would probably be a rash of burgleries targetting firearms. They can't take what someone has already stolen.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 PM

I am quite certain that if the lefties banned guns ,then all the lefties would dutifully turn in all 6 of their guns and then the lefties would rule the nation till the next election and that would be it for them.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Gone Hunting

Fishbrain, apology accepted.

I wouldn't say really old, but I sat behind Moses in grade two.

Just for clarity, I don't pick on other people's answers, just eastcoast's. It should be obvious why, no need to assume.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-13-2011, 09:28 PM

i think about that all the time more and more,im not sure, go to jail or say they got stolen. if we all stood together could they throw all of us in jail??? im sure theres some of us could hit some politicians a long ways out ,but that would probably be counter productive. but if you back a man in a corner....
Old 04-13-2011, 09:37 PM

Hunting is my Life....If the Government Took my Firearms away ,so I could'nt hunt anymore,i'd almost have no reason to live.

However I cant ever see that happening,unless they want a civil War in Canada.....
Old 04-13-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

I am with you completely. The responsibilities I have to my family are far greater than my desire to own firearms.
That said, I would fight like hell politically to prevent it from ever happening. And worst case, probably take bow hunting to the next level LOL.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:24 AM
Banned

if they outlaw guns, i guess that would make me a criminal
Old 04-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

first its your guns, then it's the rest of your freedoms. and by that time you will have lost your abillity to resist(guns).
Old 04-14-2011, 08:01 AM

Civil disobedience... but it would take all of us. Any further interference with our firearms ownership, we all simply say "no thanks". Be very tough for the government to imprison all 3 to 4 million of us.

And, if by their political maneuvering the Coalition of the Left manages to seize power from the elected majority party, so far as this writer is concerned they have no legitimacy, and no right to govern.

Finally, if any government chooses to pass oppressive laws against free and law-abiding citizens, we are obligated to not go quietly. No turning over of legally owned firearms; make them kick in all 3 million plus doors to disarm the harmless.

Get enough of that behavior on TV, and even the non-gun owning public will start to feel disgust.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 04-14-2011, 01:16 PM

Id say you want them come and get them, and a Charlton Heston quote comes to mind!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycr125 View Post
first its your guns, then it's the rest of your freedoms. and by that time you will have lost your abillity to resist(guns).
You are 100% correct

But you have to admit, my comment on this forum would sound great in court if I were ever accused of owning a gun illegally.......lol
Old 04-14-2011, 07:29 PM

Everybody would turn them in and then bitch about it on the 'net.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
If you watched the bun-fight on Tuesday and heard iggulunt's opinions on gun control you'd realize this is not a stupid thread at all. igwad wants guns gone.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:19 PM

It's so hard to imagine that this could ever be a reality in a country like Canada. It's equally hard to imagine that any rational politician could actually believe that the ban of guns would somehow solve all the problems of crime.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:31 PM

It has very little to do with crime, just good ol' fashioned social re-engineering.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Fishbrain, apology accepted.

I wouldn't say really old, but I sat behind Moses in grade two.

Just for clarity, I don't pick on other people's answers, just eastcoast's. It should be obvious why, no need to assume.
Don't worry Fishbrain. Once you get through the mandatory "Redfrog is a &^%&% idiot" phase, you start to appreciate him more and sometimes find him quite enjoyable. LOL
Old 04-15-2011, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnydipper View Post
It's so hard to imagine that this could ever be a reality in a country like Canada. It's equally hard to imagine that any rational politician could actually believe that the ban of guns would somehow solve all the problems of crime.
your right they know that it won't solve crime' but they can't come out and say that we want gun control so you can't throw us out of power if you don't like what we are doing. right now Canada is one of the few cuontries that could force the government in power out with force if things got bad enough. states is another but most cuontries even the so called free cuontries don't have the ability to get rid of their own government. so they get your guns then who ever is in power decides that they are going to stay in power and out law the other political parties and have no elections their won't be a dam thing that we the people wuold be able to do about it. government controls the police and the armed forces with out guns they could walk all over us.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
I am quite certain that if the lefties banned guns ,then all the lefties would dutifully turn in all 6 of their guns and then the lefties would rule the nation till the next election and that would be it for them.
if the have all the guns why would they have an election
Old 04-15-2011, 04:27 AM

Quote:
You're kidding right?? Surely you aren't picking and choosing which laws to obey.
Yes, I will choose the laws I obey. It is called civil disobedience. It is a long held tradition right up there with jury nullification.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:45 AM

When they finally get my guns, they will be hot and empty!
Old 04-15-2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
We all know a couple of the federal parties stand on the firearms issue. Hypothetically speaking, if the conseratives lost power and we were faced with a total ban on firearms in the next few years, how many would willingly turn over their guns? There was a very high percentage of Canadians that caved and ran out and registered their firearms when the registry was implemented, so how many of these owners would just as willingly turn them all in if required?
there is way too many guns in canada for that to ever happen.
not to mention the hunting industry in general.
the money it brings to our echonomy.
I cant see it ever happening .

to answer your question
"FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS"

as for others turning guns in remember the Norinco type 97
owners trotted off to the local detachment and took thier 30 peices of silver for what ammounted to confiscation.

they took my Guns in the UK
it will not happen in canada
Old 04-15-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
You're kidding right?? Surely you aren't picking and choosing which laws to obey.
the last time I looked there was only 10 commandments IE laws.
all others are just heresay
Old 04-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
your right they know that it won't solve crime' but they can't come out and say that we want gun control so you can't throw us out of power if you don't like what we are doing. right now Canada is one of the few cuontries that could force the government in power out with force if things got bad enough. states is another but most cuontries even the so called free cuontries don't have the ability to get rid of their own government. so they get your guns then who ever is in power decides that they are going to stay in power and out law the other political parties and have no elections their won't be a dam thing that we the people wuold be able to do about it. government controls the police and the armed forces with out guns they could walk all over us.
Fear the gov't that fears the people. If we law abiding citizens have to disarm, we then become as Germany was in 1933. I won't let that happen. Not in my lifetime.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
By making that statement, then you think that the nazis were right in carting all jews off to concentration/ death camps?? those were laws made by Germany in 1933 so was it right to obey those laws????
Yes! we should pick and choose wich laws to obey! that's what real democracy is all about! The bad laws are thrown out along with the ******* who makes them! I will not fold to a power that is wrong... I will fight and if nessesary die for my beliefs! thats the defence of freedom! the will to stand behind your convictions. If you want to turn in your rifles and "obey" bad laws you are a part of the problem!!!
nuff said!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnydipper View Post
I don't think the words Liberal or NDP describe, (rational). Their thinking, well I don't understand it nor do I understand how anyone can support them. If you think of where we have come in 20 odd years don't ever think this can't go to a next step and it is the Liberals that have pushed it from day one. I know it's a free country, at least some people believe it is but may God help us if either one of those idiots, (non rational people) ever get in.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
We would need our guns to defend our eastern boarder. Probably what is now known as the Manitoba boarder.
In the event of a total ban on firearms The Morinville Militia will be accepting new recruits.