Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-09-2014, 06:43 PM

Angry Canada Post rant!

Besides the now all too often parcels left on doorsteps without a knock or ringing the door bell, an extraordinary number of lost or damaged parcels, we now get the privilege of having to pay an extra $5.00 to have stuff delivered to Ft. McMurray!!
Nowhere else in the Province apparently from what the wife could gather from listening to the news , just our town.

There was a case in the paper today about a lap top that was never delivered but because it SAY it was delivered, Canada Post closed the case.
Same as a GPS
In my case there is only ONE way a rifle that was totally armoured up in a 1750 Pelican case that is so damaged on the corner that the wheel is busted
and the barrel sticking out!!

This is getting outrageous!
Cat
Old 01-09-2014, 06:49 PM

I got a package from China in less than half the time it takes to get a package from the US. I am still trying to figure out that one.

I feel your pain Cat.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Banned

Once again...more for less.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:09 PM
Banned

Get in touch with the local media.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Besides the now all too often parcels left on doorsteps without a knock or ringing the door bell, an extraordinary number of lost or damaged parcels, we now get the privilege of having to pay an extra $5.00 to have stuff delivered to Ft. McMurray!!
Nowhere else in the Province apparently from what the wife could gather from listening to the news , just our town.

There was a case in the paper today about a lap top that was never delivered but because it SAY it was delivered, Canada Post closed the case.
Same as a GPS
In my case there is only ONE way a rifle that was totally armoured up in a 1750 Pelican case that is so damaged on the corner that the wheel is busted

Cat
I hear ya, I had a couple of shotguns delivered the other day from Sherwood Park to Red Deer. When I opened the box the 410 stock had a piece taken out of the stock and the screw holding the plate was loose sitting in the box.

Can't imagine what state they would have been in if they were shipped across country.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post

Same as a GPS

Cat
What do you expect?...decent service for your dollar for postage is what you want but you dont get it for even the most minimal standards of service.

You are dealing with a bunch of unionized crown company employees that have an attitude of entitlement.Obviously none of them should actually have to do their jobs in a competant way as they are unionized screw'ers of the pooch.Heaven forfend that the system gets reformed and jobs get cut and people actually have to work.Truth be told I think we are about 2 years away from this but I am positively thinking about it.

FTH
Old 01-09-2014, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From The Hip View Post
What do you expect?...decent service for your dollar for postage is what you want but you dont get it for even the most minimal standards of service.

You are dealing with a bunch of unionized crown company employees that have an attitude of entitlement.Obviously none of them should actually have to do their jobs in a competant way as they are unionized screw'ers of the pooch.Heaven forfend that the system gets reformed and jobs get cut and people actually have to work.Truth be told I think we are about 2 years away from this but I am positively thinking about it.

FTH
You sound bitter.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:

FTH
After wages and benefits your mailman is making $93,000 a year.

No wonder that rascal Harper wants to get rid of theim.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:48 PM

It would be interesting to put some of those G-force indicators like they use on Mythbusters in a parcel and ship it across the country via Canada Post just to see what kind of forces our parcels are subjected to. Sometimes I wonder if "Fragile" means something else like "Throw hard" in another language.

Last edited by Hooter; 01-09-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:52 PM

Packages are no longer delivered by postal workers!
All parcels Are outsourced
Never. Had an issue as far as busted stuff when they were doing it
We gave cabbies delivering this stuff now!!
Cat
Old 01-09-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post

Must be working a wack of overtime to be making that at 25 bucks an hour.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-09-2014, 08:00 PM

Two recent incidents for me with Canada Post are an opened parcel that was delivered with half the contents gone.Couldnt believe the lack of concern before I reached someone who saw my point. The other incident involved a $500 parcel delivered to the wrong address and fortunately my elderly neighbor brought it to my door. We all make mistakes but a little more care and common sense would go a long ways.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Not overtime. Benefits. As in pensions, sick leave, massages, and paid vacations just to name a few. My overly entitled sister in law works for them part time and gets a vacation paid for every year and I doubt she is there one day a week. It adds up pretty quick.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
Not overtime. Benefits. As in pensions, sick leave, massages, and paid vacations just to name a few. My overly entitled sister in law works for them part time and gets a vacation paid for every year and I doubt she is there one day a week. It adds up pretty quick.
Everybody gets vacation pay.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-09-2014, 08:04 PM

I have had at least a half dozen firearms left on my doorstep, and another dozen other parcels as well. One year we were having some sewer pipes replaced on my block, and after a month or so, of receiving no letters or bills , I called Canada Post to see what was going on. I was told that due to the construction on my block, it wasn't safe for the postal workers to deliver the mail, so they just stopped delivering it, without bothering to tell anyone. I ended up going clear across the city, and waiting over an hour , while they looked for my mail. For the next six weeks, I had to go all the way down to the same outlet, and wait another hour, every time I wanted to check my mail. All in all ,it was taking me at least 1-1/2 hours of my time to get my mail, and the outlet was only open on weekdays. The strange thing is, that there are two other outlets within five minutes of my home. As for all of the parcels supposedly being outsourced, I did have a parcel delivered just recently by a postal worker, driving a Canada Post van.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Banned

I just mailed a VXIII to a fellow in LLB. It's in Manitoba right now.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:09 PM

Ahh man!! I was just thinking I better send that package to cat!! I can't lose this item. I may have to find another way to get it to you.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:14 PM

Canada Post is so frustrating up here I don't know whether to laugh or cry anymore… It's just so so awful !!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
These numbers come from that Business and Finance program on CORUS radio.

The guy is on QR77 at about 12:20 every week day.

I quit listening to CHED.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have had at least a half dozen firearms left on my doorstep, and another dozen other parcels as well. One year we were having some sewer pipes replaced on my block, and after a month or so, of receiving no letters or bills , I called Canada Post to see what was going on. I was told that due to the construction on my block, it wasn't safe for the postal workers to deliver the mail, so they just stopped delivering it, without bothering to tell anyone. I ended up going clear across the city, and waiting over an hour , while they looked for my mail. For the next six weeks, I had to go all the way down to the same outlet, and wait another hour, every time I wanted to check my mail. All in all ,it was taking me at least 1-1/2 hours of my time to get my mail, and the outlet was only open on weekdays. The strange thing is, that there are two other outlets within five minutes of my home. As for all of the parcels supposedly being outsourced, I did have a parcel delivered just recently by a postal worker, driving a Canada Post van.
I have had stuff left on the step before but no one was home they don't even knock now!
All I have seen is cabs delivering Parcels and when my secretary at work asked she was told by the letter carrier it is outsourced now
They must be still doing some parcel delivery then if you have seen some
Cat
Old 01-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
I dont get "vacation pay" nor do I get "paid vacation" as in 6 weeks worth which is what long term employees of Canada Post get.

Am I "bitter"....I am not "bitter" I am out right ****ed off that some D-bag who figures he does not even have to perform his unionized protected job to the minimum can just drop a package at my door and walk away even though he is not allowed to "safe drop" packages.I am ****ed off that some doorknob walked away with my 47% scale Uberti Buntline revolver that was cased and had the appropriate dummy ammo in the case.$500 is what I paid for that miniature and $500 is what I lost because some D-bag did not do his job.

yet if I confront or directly complain to that D-bag I am suddenly the bad guy and Canada Post will not deliver to my home because I am disgruntled over sub-par service.

Do I have any sympathy for unionized government employees?...NO I DONT.

FTH
Old 01-09-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Not just vacation pay but extra money on top of that to cover airfare etc. so they can go to vegas for a week on our tax dollars.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
These numbers come from that Business and Finance program on CORUS radio.

The guy is on QR77 at about 12:20 every week day.

I quit listening to CHED.
http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Cana...ries-E8747.htm

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-09-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeman View Post
Not just vacation pay but extra money on top of that to cover airfare etc. so they can go to vegas for a week on our tax dollars.
Now your getting silly.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-09-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
I dont get "vacation pay" nor do I get "paid vacation" as in 6 weeks worth which is what long term employees of Canada Post get.

Am I "bitter"....I am not "bitter" I am out right ****ed off that some D-bag who figures he does not even have to perform his unionized protected job to the minimum can just drop a package at my door and walk away even though he is not allowed to "safe drop" packages.I am ****ed off that some doorknob walked away with my 47% scale Uberti Buntline revolver that was cased and had the appropriate dummy ammo in the case.$500 is what I paid for that miniature and $500 is what I lost because some D-bag did not do his job.

yet if I confront or directly complain to that D-bag I am suddenly the bad guy and Canada Post will not deliver to my home because I am disgruntled over sub-par service.

FTH
Would it matter if it was a no unionized employee?
I doubt it, because the dammed package is gone!
I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not the person is union or not, like I said, there are a pile pf cabbies delivering parcels ( or not!) and they aren't unionized.
Cat
Old 01-09-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:

FTH
Still sound bitter, check out the pay scale I posted. Also as has been pointed out most parcel delivery is now farmed out to none union people at a much reduced rate of pay and benefits, I would suggest you get what you pay for. If you are not happy, there are other courier services happy to do your bidding, try them and see what you think.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-09-2014, 08:54 PM

This is one reason that I am glad to have to go pick up my mail. The thieves and drug dealers in our area can't just walk up and take our parcels.

When shipping expensive stuff always get signature confirmation. It costs a bit more but then it is on the person delivering the package to make sure they get the correct signature that matches the name on the box. If they just leave it/lose it/steal it and it says delivered without a signature or the wrong person signs for it they better get something to paddle with quick.

Normal tracking isn't worth a nugget when all they have to do is mark it delivered and there ends their responsibility.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
They must be still doing some parcel delivery then if you have seen some
Most of my parcels arrive by priority post, so perhaps Canada Post is still delivering those parcels. However , even the Priority Post Signature Required parcels have been left on my doorstep.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Still sound bitter, check out the pay scale I posted. Also as has been pointed out most parcel delivery is now farmed out to none union people at a much reduced rate of pay and benefits, I would suggest you get what you pay for. If you are not happy, there are other courier services happy to do your bidding, try them and see what you think.
Your payscale is bunk. I personally know a letter carrier and he is waaaaayyy over that 56k number. He's been delivering for a long time and even he says the job is a joke.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:

Grey. ,

Letter carriers make about $50,000 per year plus benefits of perhaps 25% making the total $62,500.
But adding $30,000 makes it a great story!

Don