Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Banned

Default Pens vs flames

Who do you thinks gonna take this one? Anyone see McGrattan poke Engellend what a shot.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 PM

watching right now Flames 3 Pens 2 final
Old 01-11-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
Who do you thinks gonna take this one? Anyone see McGrattan poke Engellend what a shot.
Nice to see the sportsmanship when gratton rubbed Engellends head after the poke although Engelland probably won't remember.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Banned

The Pens are beatable. Oilers did it lol
Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 PM

Another loss for the Flames. Can this NHL season get any better?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:48 PM

Pretty sure its gonna take a couple of more years before the Flames are contenders, at least they have a good base. Takes time to build a good team.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:50 PM

Flames can't score for the life of them!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemad View Post
Pretty sure its gonna take a couple of more years before the Flames are contenders, at least they have a good base. Takes time to build a good team.
You will look back on this year with fondness, it's going to get a lot worse, your team is real bad, this coming from an Oil fan. I actually feel bad for....nahhhhhhhh.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:57 AM

If we follow the Oil recipe, it will be a life time How can a team with all that talent and first overall pix suck so bad that they are actually behind the lowlife flames in points who have no real talent and the flames still have games in hand. Now that my friend is sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
You will look back on this year with fondness, it's going to get a lot worse, your team is real bad, this coming from an Oil fan. I actually feel bad for....nahhhhhhhh.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
How are you enjoying this 8 year rebuild?
Old 01-12-2014, 07:17 AM

No doubt its been real hard to remain a Oilers fan the past number of years. All kinds of talent but the results are not there. Is it the players fault or does it go higher than that? A little house cleaning might be in order but where does it start. Kudos to Calgary for trying to stop a sinking ship when Jay was shown the door.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:01 AM

Its not rocket science in regards to the Oilers.........

1) The same people are involved in the front office for this past 8 year drought. All they did was switch titles. The results will remain the same.

2) While yes they have talent, combined they aren't a competitive hockey club. Hall on another team with a different cast would probably be an All Star. Same with Hopkins and Eberle. This team does not gel!!

3) They have easily had a stretch with the worst goalies the NHL has to offer. If the 5 boys in front of the tender don't have the confidence in their goalie behind them, hands tighten on sticks, mistakes are made and frustration ensues. Last i checked you had to keep the puck out of the net to help win games. If you think they have NHL caliber talent in the net, you surely need help.......

4) The owner has no passion and is just living vicariously through NHL hockey players. Katz always followed around the Oilers in the local social circles like a puppy dog in the old days and bought them for a status ego trip......

5) Its hard bringing players here. The small market and the ability for the players to blend in isn't there here. Its a constant microscope. My exwife is family to the Prendergasts. Kevin is now in the Buffalo system. a couple family barbecues were quite telling......

Last edited by 1899b; 01-12-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipbobber View Post
No doubt its been real hard to remain a Oilers fan the past number of years. All kinds of talent but the results are not there. Is it the players fault or does it go higher than that? A little house cleaning might be in order but where does it start. Kudos to Calgary for trying to stop a sinking ship when Jay was shown the door.
Oilers have built a team off skill on paper and that alone. You need big strong physical mean tough players to win. And you need heart. When I used to play I hated losing so bad Id get so frustrated and mad some games id just get in a fight and get kicked out because I was so disgusted. I think the oilers enjoy losing. No one seems to get fed up. Kinda weird they just take it and carry on ho hum better luck next time.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burglecut83 View Post
Oilers have built a team off skill on paper and that alone. You need big strong physical mean tough players to win. And you need heart. When I used to play I hated losing so bad Id get so frustrated and mad some games id just get in a fight and get kicked out because I was so disgusted. I think the oilers enjoy losing. No one seems to get fed up. Kinda weird they just take it and carry on ho hum better luck next time.
I agree. I'm sure these guys play for some sort of love of the game but earning many million dollars per year for 4-7 years regardless of how well you do, is not a large incentive to pursue excellence. I wonder if there was some sort of monetary incentive, like holding back 25% of your salary if your team doesn't make the playoffs, would light a little fire under these boys.