Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-19-2023, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
I hate the self checkouts. I'd rather wait in line. I'm not protesting them or anything like that. But they always seem to malfunction when I'm there. And I'm left standing there waiting for help

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
I hate irrelevant crap you have to go through, like selling you a credit card or making a charitable donation.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 11-19-2023, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
I hate irrelevant crap you have to go through, like selling you a credit card or making a charitable donation.

Grizz
I agree that is annoying

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2023, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superuke View Post
So yesterday I pick up two items one was $2.18 the other was $3.20, forced to go through self check-out. So I decided to have some fun to pass the evening.
Kept scanning the two items over and over until the total was $543.38.
Callled the clerk over (nice lady) she could not figure out what caused this. So she called over the stupid visor. Stupid Visor could not figure out caused this big error, so he called the manger, the manager could not figure out happened. So they decided to have a discussion about this particular till.
I noticed a real cashier was now opened so I went to the cashier. 10 seconds later I pay for the two items and start walking out the store. The nice lady says to me have a good evening. I say oh thank you for reminding me. Where are the condoms? So I see about six red faces.
Slept very well without meds.
I call bull chit! You scan an item it needs to be placed in the bagging area, if you remove it it stops and you need to call the cashier.
But hey whatever makes your small world go round!
WDF
Old 11-19-2023, 09:07 PM

All hat and no cattle Mr. Superuke!

There are no absolutes
Old 11-19-2023, 09:23 PM

In walmart, at least at our walmart, you can scan the same thing as many times you want (sometimes, especially when kids are helping, the same thing can scan twice or three times). You do need to put anything in the bagging area at all - for example, some put it straight to the bag in the cart. Don’t know about any other walmart; I don’t believe I’ve been to any other walmart since they put these in. Wish other stores would have it the same way, when you can put stuff anywhere you want instead of the bagging area. Nofrills here is also the same, put anywhere you want, I believe.

Regardless, if there is a guy (old man?) standing there scanning the same thing over and over and over again, an associate would probably assume that dementia had kicked in and come to assist.