Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 02-14-2008, 10:26 PM

Default Diamond Bows

Just wondering what the experiences are for the Diamond bows. I am looking at buying a Diamond Black Ice. It is a deal I can't refuse and the bow specs seem good.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:46 PM

I have never seen one but I am pretty sure pdfish has one. according to him its the smoothest drawing compound he tried. That was one of the things that sold him on it.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Gone Hunting

Hey there, i have been shooting the Diamond Rapture for approx 4 years now. I have put approx 1000 to 1500 arrows through this bow, per summer. I havent found anyone in my neck of the woods that can outshoot me with this bow. It shoots good. I do alot of shooting, we have small shoots on my acreage, tons of fun! I like my bow, shoots good, fits me great, but i think my groups might be opening up abit from when it was new. Im shooting to 70 yards in a pie plate still, but 2 years ago switched to a whisker buiscut, so hard to say for sure. I started shooting this rig with a diamondback fall away, but ended up with the buscuit. Anyways, like i said, i think im seeing groups increasing in size with the age of the bow. Ive went through minimal parts, had a cam blow out while shooting in the yard, replaced that, and afew strings and cables. Other than that, reg maintenance and hardware/equipment changes have rounded out everything ive done to this bow. I want to give the Rapture to the wife and buy the new Black ice as well. Looks like a pretty slick rig. I played with one last year down in Bow Island, pretty nice.....Good luck with the shopping.

keep a strain on er.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:43 PM

I have never hold a bow in my life until couple of months ago. Before buying the bow, I just read the reviews on Cabelas site and bought Diamond black ice from them. Once it was set for me at the archery shop, I was able to shoot/hit at a "playing card" at 20 yards every 2 out of 3 shots. And again, I was using a bow for the FIRST time in my life and I think it wasn't me shooting that well, it was the bow!

I got the following bow and I love it.

link
Old 02-15-2008, 02:33 AM

i bought a black ice last fall its one of the smoothest bows ive ever pulled its also a very forgiving and easy to tune and if your getting a good deal thats just another reason to buy it
you wont regret it
Old 02-15-2008, 05:18 AM

Honestly, It's not the bow it's the archer! Or more accurately, how well the bow fits. If the bow doesn't fit well, it won't shoot well.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:50 AM

Like lil said....i have a Black Ice and its unbelievable...you won't be disappointed!
Old 02-15-2008, 04:45 PM

Thanks for the reviews guys! I never got a chance to shoot it but it felt great and the light weight was a blessing compared to my old bow that I use now. Like I said, I cannot pass this deal up and am sure I will be writing a check next time I am there. Hey Packhuntr, Do you do a lot of business in Bow Island? That is where I a buying this bow. I grew up there and know the owner of the archery shop very well.... I used to work there when I was in high school.

cheers,
Old 02-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Gone Hunting

Hey mulecrazy, yea, Wendell is THE MAN. A great help to anyone who asks or seeks advice. I do all my archery business there. Wendell helped me get going, i mean he helped me over come a couple severe, accuracy detrimental bad habits i had. Took a lot of shooting though, being self taught really didnt do me any favors. His advice was worth its weight in gold. If you look on the counter under the glass you will see a couple pics of me with bow kills....but you prob dont know who i am! Anyways, ya, i really like the Bowtech's, at least the one i have spent time with. I used to shoot PSE, but far as i can tell they are a great bow. I havent found a reason to change. Good luck with the new bow. Happy trails.

keep a strain on er.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:25 PM

I couldn't agree more Pack!!! Wendell is a wealth of knowledge with archery! His personal record in tournaments speaks for itself! A great guy for sure.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:42 PM
willy11

I had a diamond rapture and I regret selling it. It was smooth, fast enough, light, handle perfectly, and I felt it had a very solid back-wall. If I had a chance to buy another, it'd be done in a heart-beat. Very good bows.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:08 PM

I got a black ice last spring I shoot 100 to 200 arrows a week and had no regrets in buying it yet. The only thing I would like to change now is the string to one of the new scorpian zero twist and stretch. All and all great bow shoots well and feels great to shoot
Old 02-15-2008, 09:19 PM

We just got my stepson the Diamond Edge, which is a youth bow, 25-40 lbs. We've only been out shooting it 3 times, but it seems like a good buy so far. He's 11 yrs old and we have it at 25 lbs right now, but I think he could pull 30 no problem. Anyhow, we've found nothing we don't like about it so far.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:20 AM

Default absolutly

you bet guys i jsut bought the son a diamond edge last year and he loves it, the best thing about it is the range you can set it up , should last him about 4 years for adjustments..

we picked ours up at select archery south of pouce couple, dan there is very helpful and has some awsome deals, 250-786-5774. hes got alot of stuff in there too.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:27 AM

My son picked up a Diamond Marquis a few month ago and loves it, the only thing he has found so far that might be a problem is the string suppresser, after about 2 dozzon arrows the thing ripped, and had to wait for a weeks for another one to get here befor he could shot it again, not sure if that going to be a long turm problem or just a fluck one time deal....