Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-06-2008, 08:52 PM

Default GSP- Trial Review

The GSP club of Canada held their spring trial near Irracana Ab this last weekend. What a blast!! This is always my favorite trial of the year. I really enjoy the grounds even though they can be a bit tight for my dog. We finished the course on the ASD with almost five minutres remaining in the brace. There were lots of different people and dogs this year. The field of dogs seemed to be a bit more varied with GSP, Brittany, Irish Setters, English Setters, Gordon Setters, Irish Red and White Setters, english pointers, Vislas and I think a GWP competing. Some hights for me were, seeing the English Setter Amatuer Shooting Dog total points winner " Lone Mountain Magique". Although she did not run she really looked good. My setter did well, placing fourth in the Amatuer Shooting dog with 21 competing. I never ventured across the road to the Field Test but I heard it was good as well. A big thanks to the entire GSP club for putting on a very good trial, running two courses and offering 5 different stakes in two days.