Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-25-2023, 11:29 AM

Default Kill sites

Was out for a little drive yesterday looking for grouse and came on this eye sore. Sombody got themselves a moose, which is nice. Congratulations to them. But what a mess they left behind . A couple of plastic tarps and several pairs of latex gloves strewn about.
Sadly this is not really that uncommon. Almost every kill site you see throughout the season has a few pairs of gloves and bunch of hand wipes or paper towel.
How hard can it be to put the garbage back in the same vehicle you transported it to the site in? Hunters will go to great lengths to get the antlers and meat out out of the bush but the excess weight from a couple pairs of gloves and a bunch of paper towel seems to be insurmountable. Same thing with Tims coffe cups and beer cans they go in full but the wieght of them empty seems just too much to bare.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-25-2023, 11:44 AM

Jeez what a mess. You'd think people out enjoying the outdoors would be concerned about how they leave the outdoors for the next guy to enjoy. Apparently not.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2023, 11:47 AM

People are pigs.
Old 11-25-2023, 11:58 AM

Offer rewards for turning in these pigs, and fine the pigs to pay out the rewards.
Old 11-25-2023, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
People are pigs.
That about covers it

Find trash dumped in the bush down the road from a FREE waste transfer station all the time. No logical sense and extremely frustrating
Old 11-25-2023, 01:01 PM

Not that it matters.
Looks like a dump site, not where the moose was killed.
Wouldn't it be nice if the tag was in that mess....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 11-25-2023, 01:11 PM

Pigs
Old 11-25-2023, 01:17 PM

Quote:
People are pigs.
Many are so f-n disrespectful!!
Old 11-25-2023, 02:41 PM

Quote:
People are pigs.
That they are. A lot of slob hunters out there. Gives the rest of us a bad name
Drives me nuts the amount of garbage I see in the west country. I remember hauling home metal cladding (building siding) back home from Cutoff creek once. Who does something like that?
Wise words from an old cowboy....The older I get the more I like my dog
I'm that way now lol
Old 11-25-2023, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
That they are. A lot of slob hunters out there. Gives the rest of us a bad name
Drives me nuts the amount of garbage I see in the west country. I remember hauling home metal cladding (building siding) back home from Cutoff creek once. Who does something like that?
Wise words from an old cowboy....The older I get the more I like my dog
I'm that way now lol
lol. My hunt partner is fond of saying: “humans are the dumbest animal on the planet”. He is also able to say: “I told you so” a lot.
Old 11-25-2023, 05:16 PM

Quote:
People are pigs.
Sure makes one angry.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 11-25-2023, 08:03 PM

I can’t believe how some guys have so little respect.
Old 11-26-2023, 06:37 AM

Sad actually. But pigs nevertheless...

Few years back, I helped a buddy's teenage kid gut a whitetail. Once done, he forgot to pick up his latex gloves and paper towels off the ground. Nicely but firmly told him to do so and continue this practice onward.

He is now an adult, and he still reminds me of this every year we meet at hunting camp.

Education I guess?...
Old 11-28-2023, 10:18 AM

Who uses latex gloves? wipe hands in snow, wash/rinse with one bottle of water and wipe on snow pants afterwards. done. Maybe a baby wipe after back at camp.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie135 View Post
Who uses latex gloves? wipe hands in snow, wash/rinse with one bottle of water and wipe on snow pants afterwards. done. Maybe a baby wipe after back at camp.
lol Can't say I've ever used latex gloves myself. Or baby wipes for that matter. How are you supposed to dip out of a can of copenhagen with gloves on? Quick wipe of a thumb and finger and back to work
Old 11-28-2023, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I never have but I have met a lot of hunters that do young and old

As long as they take their mess with them I say have at it
Old 11-28-2023, 11:06 AM

I started using gloves 3-4 years ago and never looked back. My hands used to itch like crazy after field dressing an animal. Bet you if I got tested for meat allergy, they’d suggest to me to avoid it, lol (I know for a fact I am allergic to animal hair, proven and tested). Since I started using gloves, the problem is gone. I use gloves when I am butchering at home as well (unless I forget to put them on).

Funny, because I was going to create the same thread. Jungleboy’s trash surely beats mine though, lol. I was going to complain about earplugs, gloves, beer and pop cans, etc. I ran into three kills sites this season. All moose and all shot right on the road or side of the road. Shooting took place from the road, without a question. Of the three sites, only one was left clean. The other two had the aforementioned items scattered among the blood, guts, hide, etc left on the side of the road (one in the middle of the road). The gloves weren’t even latex, but heavy duty work gloves all bloodied up, and quality ones too, lol. I collected all the crap, of course, and dumped it in the garbage at home. It sucks when others have to pick up this ****, especially gross stuff like ear plugs. Not sure why it is so hard. Maybe leave a knife, a rifle, or something else useful next time.
Old 12-01-2023, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I do..... why waste bottled water and paper towels and baby wipes when you can peel off a pair of latex gloves in 2 seconds.. And mine come out of the bush with me.
And..Cleaning dried blood off hands takes away precious time when you should be enjoying the kill juice..

Last edited by Mountain Guy; 12-01-2023 at 03:02 PM. Reason: '
Old 12-01-2023, 04:50 PM

Yesterday as I was returning to camp I found the whole front shoulder of a buck had been just dumped on the road.
I believe the entire deer might've been dumped, and coyotes haf dragged the shoulder up onto the road.
"Placed correctly Swift A-Frames will reliably kill big bears. So will North Forks, Nosler Partitions, Barnes TSX, Kodiaks, Woodleighs, GS soft points, Hornady Interbonds and Speer Grand Slams - and if I missed your favorite bullet -it probably will too.
It's time to go hunting and quit all this ballistic masturbation."

Phil Shoemaker
Old 12-01-2023, 07:21 PM

This is such a pet peeve of mine too, I can't stand seeing litter anywhere but in the outdoors especially.
Aside from that, it makes us all look bad.
Old 12-02-2023, 10:43 AM

You seldom see this behavior in a "pay to camp" site. It is only these PIGS in the unsupervised and off the grid dry camping.

A stiff $5,000 fine would nip this in the bud....NO FIRST OFFENDER BS or a discounted fine if you pay early; an all out huge fine.....

Drive down any rural road 10 minutes from town and discover mattresses, furniture etc....SICKENING.

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.

Last edited by graybeard; 12-02-2023 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-12-2023, 12:44 AM

When I see sites like that I stop and clean them up. I take guys hunting and like it when their kids come. It’s my chance to influence future generations of hunters and make a real difference in sharing m6 thoughts on how folks should treat our outdoors respectfully. Never mid kill,sites, what’s the difference between a kill site and a hunters camp with a bunch of plastic, old lawn chairs, have a picnic table, a steel grate and a bunch of garbage strewn about? I find them every year and run into the 30 year return guys @ those sites who perpetually go back to the same spot and continually add to their beer bottle piles…they are nice guys when you talk to them but they don5 give a poop…
Old 12-12-2023, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
You seldom see this behavior in a "pay to camp" site. It is only these PIGS in the unsupervised and off the grid dry camping.

A stiff $5,000 fine would nip this in the bud....NO FIRST OFFENDER BS or a discounted fine if you pay early; an all out huge fine.....

Drive down any rural road 10 minutes from town and discover mattresses, furniture etc....SICKENING.
Most has nothing to do with camping or hunting just idiots choosing to dump garbage in the bush instead of the dump
Old 12-12-2023, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Most has nothing to do with camping or hunting just idiots choosing to dump garbage in the bush instead of the dump
You use the word "idiot" I use the word "pigs" ....I think we both agree... on the behavior....

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 12-13-2023, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmatixx View Post
When I see sites like that I stop and clean them up. I take guys hunting and like it when their kids come. It’s my chance to influence future generations of hunters and make a real difference in sharing m6 thoughts on how folks should treat our outdoors respectfully. Never mid kill,sites, what’s the difference between a kill site and a hunters camp with a bunch of plastic, old lawn chairs, have a picnic table, a steel grate and a bunch of garbage strewn about? I find them every year and run into the 30 year return guys @ those sites who perpetually go back to the same spot and continually add to their beer bottle piles…they are nice guys when you talk to them but they don5 give a poop…
This is a great quote, the best we can do is teach the next generation how to be respectful of nature. Heck I even taught my 71 year old dad some stuff this year! I found gloves as well this year...i mean how hard is it to pickup gloves!
Old 12-17-2023, 11:46 PM

Thanks for the complement. I once took off my waders and fly fishing vest and pants to go out into a 6 foot hole on a tribituary to the North Ram river to get a submerged Coors Light can some idiot decided to leave in the creek. It ****ed me off, I was catching 11 - 13” cuts on a dry fly and that dam crushed can was just sitting there glistening in the sunlight ruining the outdoors for me. Water was damn cold. Later that night my Dad of 64 at the time shot a nice 6x6 elk and It was all worth while…. What really ****ed me off is the heli-seismic guys and their stinking plastic water and Gatorade bottles, they leave them lying everywhere out in the bush.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:21 PM

It is amazing the crap people leave behind, this is another one of the reasons why I always carry a couple garbage bags when out cruizing around.