Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-04-2013, 05:22 PM

Default Bruderheim Natural Area

I moved to Fort Saskatchewan fairly recently and was wondering what the hunting is like in the Bruderheim Forest Area. Any information would be appreciated.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cushmeister View Post
I moved to Fort Saskatchewan fairly recently and was wondering what the hunting is like in the Bruderheim Forest Area. Any information would be appreciated.
If your hunting quads and dirt bikes it would be good.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:37 PM

Yeah, I knew there was alot of quadding activity going on there. I saw online that you can get a firearms discharge permit and go in there so I thought I would ask first. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:19 PM

My buddy put up a few trail cams last season, not much for deer in that area. Few coyotes and fox though
Old 05-05-2013, 10:37 PM

about 5 hunters per acre during the season lol
Old 05-05-2013, 10:39 PM

It used to be good before it became a race track.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:55 PM

I took a 50" moose a mile east of the Shell site back in 2000. Never been back beacause of all the pressure.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:19 PM

I own land there. Guys rip down my no hunting signs and build treestands on my land. Frustrating as all get out. Lots of better places.
Old 01-04-2024, 01:38 PM

Default Agreed. I'll Never Go Back.

Old thread but I agree with all the other comments. Went for a walk for the first time today (Jan 4th 2024). Hardly any snow. I could see on Google Earth it was tore up pretty good from ATV's but I've never witnessed anything like this before. The area is so destroyed, absolutely criss-crossed with trails so much so that you can't find a stretch more than about 40 yards thats untouched. And much of it is fat tire trail bikes that have went further & went everywhere a quad couldn't go. I tried walking parallel to ATV trails, hopping off the ATV trail over & over to follow a rabbit trail hoping to get onto a deer trail - none of my tricks worked because I'd just hit another ATV trail in less than 90ft. Its so criss-crossed with ATV trails that what little game there is has no other option but to use ATV trails because thats all there is. I really feel for the fella who owns land adjacent to this 'Natural Area.' So its not a place for a casual stroll to get away from the city & its not a place to take the family. Yes, there's bigger problems than off-roaders destroying a Natural Area but it really is a shame. As is often the case, a small group of people have completely ruined it for the majority.

Last edited by leloinjunior; 01-04-2024 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-04-2024, 02:28 PM

Sad to hear. About a dozen years back I would hunt there, and it was still relatively decent. There was even some decent moose/deer sign in there.

Had one quadder ask us (when he saw that we had guns), "Are we gonna be safe, riding in here?" We just laughed and said that we don't hunt quadders.

Not worth the bother for me, I can drive a bit further and have some peace and quiet.