Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-01-2008, 02:50 PM

Default call'n bears.

Just got the dvd Call'n Bears by Wayne Carlton and can't wait to try calling blacks this season.gonna try some spot and stalk this weekend with calling.Old dvd but not bad,he gets one big blond 3 feet calling and pepper sprays it in the face.At least i know the spray works.I know i allready posted this before but anyone try this before?How about tips on spot and stalk?
Thanks jay
Old 05-01-2008, 03:25 PM

seen this video its a good one imagine the rush when he called the big one in and tyhen sprayed him my pants woulda been soiled
Old 05-02-2008, 10:34 PM

Default call'n

I have been successful calling bears with a predator call. The one I use is the same one as calling coyotes. I have used it on bears that I had spotted first and was able to get them in and very fast. Twice they came in at the first sound of the call and had me running for the truck as I was not hunting. I have tried lots calling blind and only once did it work. We had 2 youngins come running in but turned around when we ran back at them. It is pretty wild and when it works be ready! I never waited for them to get as close as in the video.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:43 PM

They recommend two people one calling and one shooting as bears coming to the varmint call /cub in distress are in kill mode not curious interlopers......................Harold *Be willing to finish what you start